Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone please fix the CHAT PROBLEM!!!

Default Someone please fix the CHAT PROBLEM!!!

Its impossible to hear what my friends or anyone is saying and they cant make out what am saying either because of the laggy crackly muffled speech. Please sort it out cos its been over a year you lazy people

Antagonising the people you want something from generally doesn't get you what you want.

not antagonising m8. soz. just v frustrating trying to communicate with people. its nearly impossible. Can it b fixed ? thx for replying anyway

Timezone
    GMT -5

i --- I I I I d d Do on on on on t n n n n n n eeeee pro bbblem ww wwith v vvv voice cchat.

Wwwh at at a r r r rr e you on n n n ab bb bout?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Antagonising the people you want something from generally doesn't get you what you want.
    Seriously?
    What has "asking nicely" for the past year got us?

Past events don't matter much again do they, let alone the fact that it's been one full year minus a few days that the voice chat not working was a known issue.

Calling the developers lazy when in fact they work their asses off is most definitely antagonising.

So are you professional game developers who know everything about it, how it works, who's skiving off, who's actually doing anything, what it really takes to do it, has time to do it, etc.? I'm guessing you're not. Asking nicely? lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Ronibhoy: Someone? xD Well man, there are a lot of problems around WipEout HD.
    We're quite happy that SL has finally fixed the leaderboard. The chat problem is known
    quite well and for a very long time over here, but dunno if SL is going to fix that anytime
    soon. I don't think so coz there are some bugs in the game who are even worser than
    the chat problem, i.e. the game freezes on some occasions esp. while playing online.
    My take on the chat is; make it functional or remove it altogether.

PS: Nice introduction. rofl Welcome on board!

Edit: @IH8YOU: lol Pretty close. xD
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 13th October 2009 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    i --- I I I I d d Do on on on on t n n n n n n eeeee pro bbblem ww wwith v vvv voice cchat.

Wwwh at at a r r r rr e you on n n n ab bb bout?
    lol thats exactly wot its like. Heeellllpppp mmmmEEE

ProblemSolver: Thanks man. I dont mind freezin once a nite but it would b good to laugh n talk during a race like every other online game out there

Im asking nicely. im begging you actually.Pretty please
    Last edited by Lance; 13th October 2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Merged three immediately successive post by same writer. Unneeded quotation removed.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Asking nicely? lol
    Yeah, asking nicely. lol

Stop trying to pretend you have a case. It's really been one year minus one day from launch.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Ronibhoy View Post
    Its impossible to hear what my friends or anyone is saying ...
    Btw; Are you really sure you wanna know what they are saying (to you)? xD

Default parallels

hmmm.... It's been almost eight years since the U.S.-Iraq war started. Neither asking nor demanding nor fighting has ended it. Perhaps there are factors that can not yet be overcome. That is in fact extremely common in all sorts of problems, even seemingly simple ones. I don't know what the cause of the chat problem is, but if it were simple and feasible, it would already be done. The developers have received nice requests, angry demands, and probably even threats, and yet the problem remains unsolved. Precisely how do angry demands, and antagonising people help to solve the problem? Clearly they do not. So, does it just make you feel good to say angry crap? I'm guessing it does, but it isn't going to solve the problem. Pretty much a waste of energy when something even more pleasurable could be done.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Asking nicely as I've pointed earlier also didn't help. That was also a waste of energy.

Hey guys: let's not waste any more energy and not report bugs anymore so that developers don't know what to work on. Great idea isn't it?

The fact is, we are currently living in an era where patches made to games are common, and even though making these patches and getting them through certification processes is work, it is "feasible" as you say, as countless developers are doing so with a significantly shorter turn-around time than Sony Liverpool in regards to the broken voice chat feature that has been this way since day one. I think it's not wrong to say "they're certainly taking their sweet time getting there" even if you assume they take three months of vacation off every year like teachers at schools.
    Sure, they've worked on other stuff, and yeah this will explain the delay. Calling them lazy is not what I would personally say, but you have to admit it's been a very long while.

I guess my point is this guy right here is not so wrong in being a little frustrated with the issue as you previously made it out to be. Just like the people angry at the US-Iraq war are not wrong when they are angry about it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Lance, with all respect due to you... come on!!!!

Making a relation between a mid-eastern war and WipEout chat problem is kinda way out of proportions. Of course there can be similarities in the difficulty of managing and solving problems of some nature or another, but there's a goddam difference between an ultra-complex, never-ending war like US vs Iraq or Palestinians vs Israel opposed to the WipEout chat issue.

This said, before anyone jumps on me, of course im not a game developer and im not fully aware of what a chat problem is caused in programming a game. Im not saying im a Jack-of-all-trades. Im not saying SL employees are working with their heads up their asses. My guess is this: they've been working non-stop to develop Fury during all this time, along with trying to solve the freezing issue. And speaking of that, that's a WAY MORE urgent issue to solve than voice chat problem, cuz frankly, now we have right to be unhappy about that; it actually keeps us from playing, its refraining us to continue and enjoy the game for what WE PAID. Voice chat problem cannot stop me or anyone from playing WipEout, that is.

What i want to say is that chat problem couldn't really be that hard to solve, isnt it? I mean, with this generation of gamers and consoles, online gaming is well implanted but demands consequently, among some parameters, good communication capabilities between virtual team-mates. SL could look at other game studios what they've done to solve similar problem? Is it a problem of poor data-transfer issue? Servers being to weak or basic to support hi-quality voice chat feature?

Whatever the answer is, SL is morally responsible to keep its large fanbase and consummers aware of the whereabouts and how they're managing the problem. I guess that since some people like Ronibhoy are reacting this way, along with DD777's input, SL haven't been telling much about that since a full year.
    Last edited by Kyonshi; 13th October 2009 at 04:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Not having voice chat is very cool. I'm really happy that SL is not supporting it. It's another one of those things where it seems like they know me and exactly what I want.

Hearing the other players would ruin the game. It's not like an FPS where you have breaks in the action and can exchange banter. This game requires your absolutely calm attention every millisecond. You flinch and it'll cost you something significant.

I know you've been slowly making a name for yourself in Flash Eliminator, Ronibhoy. No doubt you want to boast how good you are after a quake triple kill. I do it anyway and I don't have a mic, something on the order of "yeah, eat it, PEPEDA! Eat that plasma bolt!" But I know it would just lower the standard of the game for him, if he actually heard me. Likewise, I really do not want to hear you and your opinions while in-game, no matter what they are.

Wipeout is a very nonverbal and spatially oriented game. It has transcendent beauty and as such shoud be naturally protected from interference by whatever schmoe happens to log on. It makes me feel privileged to play against others who understand this. We're all sharing something extraordinary and we're not opening our big mouths to ruin it for each other.

Few people would be able to understand each other anyway. It's not uncommon for me to be in an 8-player race where everyone is from a different country, or where I'm probably the only one who can speak English. That makes the above sentiment feel all the more naturally edifying.

Finally, it's nice that we have this community, where we can talk and get to know each other away from the game. It's much more fun to talk about Wipeout, while not actually playing it, so that when we do go to play it, we can all stay quiet and let everyone enjoy it.
    Last edited by Koleax; 13th October 2009 at 06:56 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Id like to see me and elhabib in a room with voice chat.

That or Me, Kyoto and OBH. That would be GREAT.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Sterist

i agree, make it work or scrap it, at this point.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive been in an XMB voice chat room with IH8YOU and Motorsagmannen before with a whole bunch additions as well, it was awesome, the stuff been talked about was epically funny Shame my useless cunty connection can't hold it longer than five or so minutes so much of a shame tbh, then again the conversation was in 3 different timezones, US, EU and AU. I would love to play Wipeout with my bluetooth headset, and people actually hearing what other people said, as well as me talking as well

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

It actually seems like it works for some and doesnt for others. I was in a game not too long ago and my opponents were chatting up a storm, even addressing me-- problem was, my voice lagged or couldnt even be heard. Nothing a PSN message didnt fix though. So yea, Im in agreement with Sterist: Keep it or scrap it. Heres a question that will most likely answer this thread though-- Does the BD version advertise voice chat support??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    Id like to see me and elhabib in a room with voice chat.
    Why is that? Not that I wouldn't want to talk to you, but it seems like you have a specific reason in mind?

All i asked for was the chat to be sorted cos i paid for the game with voice chat. so why dont yous just scrap it and charge less money for the game which would b fairer.
    And to koleax. Imagine blowing your friend up and driving past laughing.thats wot online gamings about. Not my fault you got no one on your friends list.
    Dont join my room if you dont like losing big rank 60+.
    ---
    sign my petition guys pls
    Last edited by Task; 28th October 2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts