View Poll Results: Would you like Studio Liverpool to fix the voice chat?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

63 66.32%
  • NO

14 14.74%
  • WHATEVER

18 18.95%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voicechat petition

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Will voice chat ever work on the WOHD ever again? Seemed to work before 1.30 update.

Is there any intention whatsoever to maybe fix this minor bug, would make it easy for newbies to to get the blinge brigade trophy if the in game voice chat were to work. or at least been able to have in game voice chat sessions in the game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I wish they would not only fix it, but change it so it broadcasts whenever you say something, rather than having to press a button.

My fingers are busy enough when I'm racing and firing weapons, I don't know who's bright idea it was to make a push-to-talk button in a game where you need to focus on the race.

I honestly really enjoy a chance to chat in a racing game, though... when you get into heated chases and battles with someone who enjoys the game as much as yourself, it adds to the fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I absolutely agree with you there AG-Wolf. I can tell you if that if voice chat was functioning properly in the game, that all those Blinge Brigade attempts would of been alot, and i do emphasize alot easier to do. It amusing playing games with a few of your mates and a random on the other side of the world and there is heaps of swearing going on in the room, i remember a while back when the in game voice chat feature in Wipeout HD actually worked before 1.30 update came out, and there was a scotsman trying to setup a BB room himself, i was trying to help him out. oh bloody hell that was one funny experience. "You yeh yo, get out of the focking room if you havent got the silver skin", and this went on for ages, just about died from having stitches in my stomach.

I really do hope one day this gets fixed up. and another WOHD DLC pack would be nice also.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

If people were shouting and wearing during my race I'd just find it irritating. I'm pretty silent when I play and just find it distracting. Chatting after the race is cool, but during it not so much. If there weren't an option to mute everyone during the race but not after it then it'd suck for me, and I'd miss out on post race banter. I kind of think it's better without it anyway. It minimises the amount of random folk shouting abuse because they can't hack the pace or the lag or whatever.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

It should be very cool a team-chat in international events like wwc or xpand.
    Maybe with the new "premium" psn they'll find a way to let the cross-voice-chat work. But.... who is going to pay for a service that you could have for free just by connecting via skype?
    A free version would be very nice tho

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Another thing beside the inaction of (former)SL about this, is the inaction of Sony.

I don't know what the goddamn hell is so hard to make a constant voice-chat feature, that's active from the XMB itself, so you can have voice-chat ingame, whatever you're playing at. With the Mute option available of course, this would solve the problem forever.

I dunno, i played multi-player games on PC with voice-chat feature source outside of those games, it is possible, no question about this.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Kyonshi. Write exactly word for word what you said in your post from the second line onwards to SCEA or SCEE in a letter. Best way to put it.

It might, just might get through to someone.

Perseverance prevails.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

It will surely be a feature included in the "premium" psn.
    I am so sure about this

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Buggered if im spending any money for what i have got free for the past few years.

Then again i guess all PSN users have been getting a good deal when you compare it to xboxlive over the years.

When you think about it voice chat rooms on the PSN are the cheapest way to do international calls. So there is still a bit of a win there (Ace-Flo sounds like David Beckham lol, and a good mate to have a yarn too).

If a proper version of XMB voice chat is included on the "Premium PSN package" Then i might think about subscribing.....might.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

@Saturn: Being able to mute individual people goes without saying

Also, not trying to instigate any kind of console war, but what Kyonshi said is pretty relevant... Xbox Live offers this option and it Just Works. You can either do a private chat with one other person, or you can do a what they call a "Party" where up to 8 people can join in a voice chat-room, and are able to talk to each other, regardless of the game each person is playing. It's a good way to organize matches if your friends are playing different games and you wanna try to set something up, and it's a lot of fun when you're all playing something together and you can either work together and arrange strategies or just mess with each other

Whether Sony tries to do something similar as a "premium" service or not isn't high on my own priority list since Wipeout HD is the only multiplayer game I play on the machine...

but there's still no reason for voice chat not to work at all unless Sony just doesn't have any kind of standards for data transmission across their different games... They should provide developers with some kind of SDK for a voice chat system or something. I can't imagine they don't already, but then there's no reason it shouldn't work properly if that's the case...

I'd just really like to be able to converse with some of the people I've raced online without having to try and type a quick message between races which makes me fumble around the damn XMB every time. And it's really nerve-wracking when you try to send it off before the next race loads.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I voted YES because I put a hell load of money into it... put a crap load of money towards it before I realized it wasn't reliable!!! bought 3 family members (because I'm in the military and away from my family often), a PS3, Playstation Bluetooth and Wipeout HD Fury EACH!! So that I could play with them and talk to them at the same time from wherever as if I was still at home... I don't want this money to go to waste!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Probably in the next ps3 update there will be also the cross-game chat, so everyone should be happy

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Man, that would AWESOME

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by il_mago_di_Doz View Post
    Probably in the next ps3 update there will be also the cross-game chat, so everyone should be happy
    Two years too late. Never the less, is a feature that i will really appreciate as a frequent user of voice chat system on the PSN.

It'll be interesting to see how the old fat PS3's handle these multitasking duties, whether the console will freeze or not. PS3 seriously needs more RAM in it.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Stick some in?

ProblemSolver, Go!!!

Good to hear that they might at least get chat sorted sometime soon...ish

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There is no mention of the much mentioned cross game chat in the new PSN premium plus+ service.
    There is no mention of it in the new service & user agreement either.

From a technical standpoint I think it was mentioned that it is the actual games themselves that have to specifically allow cross game chat to occur while they are being played, so even if this ability was brought in on the PSN you would need these new or possibly version updated games for it to work.

And in all honesty, does anybody here actually believe that this has a snowballs chance in hell of occurring with HD since the normal in game chat has never worked.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Hi guys, not been on here for a while. I've never owned a headset, but recently acquired a PS Eye, which is actually quite decent for voice chat once you've set the echo canceller properly. I'd not tried it with Wipeout until today, and it seemed like all voice chat wasn't working (my friend was trying to get his headset working too). I swear I've seen/heard people chat in the HD lobbies before... have they disabled it with a recent patch, or does it just not work?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    I swear I've seen/heard people chat in the HD lobbies before... have they disabled it with a recent patch, or does it just not work?
    Once upon a time before the Wipeout HD 1.30 update. The voice chat feature, actually kinda did work. It wasnt perfect, but it did kinda work in the lobby and in the game a bit, was disjointed and jumpy, but it did work much better as it does now. After the 1.30 update with the Vista Pads, the micro freezes and the buggered up in game chat feature, the game hasnt been better off, WOHD is still buggy in some areas, some have been fixed, others have not.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

I see. So some people are still managing to chat in this game? If they get lucky?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Unfortunately not now days

Voice chat is officially FUBAR'ed in WOHD. and there isnt much of a Studio Liverpool around these days to fixed the bugs like in the good old days.