View Poll Results: Would you like Studio Liverpool to fix the voice chat?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

63 66.32%
  • NO

14 14.74%
  • WHATEVER

18 18.95%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voicechat petition

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default Voicechat petition

So, since there seems to be some rumble in the jungle about the lack of functional voicechat in wipEout HD/Fury, here's the official poll / petition thread.

Personally, I would very much like to have the chat fixed, as long as they include a mute option.

Please vote, don't discuss. We have a seperate thread for discussion already. Keep this one clean of swearing and finger-pointing, just vote and let Studio Liverpool see how much you care.

Thank you!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I voted WHATEVER. Voice chat is cool, for sure, but not as important as
    a flawless working online mode and leaderboard.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I don't feel like listening to brainless noobs in my language and other languages. I voted "NO"

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I chose whatever, but don't get me wrong, I do like voice chat. The reason I'm not bothered is because I like things how they are with the chat box after a game and being able to concentrate during a game, being able to listen to the music and the game without any interference. As nice as it would be to talk during a game I don't think it's necessary.

If it's fixed then that's great but I can't say that I'm missing voice chat.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Yes! I paid for this feature I may not use.

I voted NO.

I don´t want so listen to someone during a race. It´s bad enough when a real person talks to me while I´m racing ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Uhh ... a guy from ND told us more as we should know by now;

Quote Originally Posted by ReklissAbandon : Naughty Dog Dev
    I think they wanted people to have fun and ejoy the show since all dead players can talk to each other no matter what team you are on. But I will suggest it anyway. Not to mention that the next PS3 firmware update is going to allow cross game chat. So if players use that instead of in game communication then they would also be able to communicate enemies positions. ...

Reference
    His comment was removed a few hours later!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I said "YES"

i would like this.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Could just fix it and make it an option like BRs and suchlike.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Great. Thank you eLhabib

I voted YES, for the principle that this feature was supposed to be supported and included in the original price of the game.
    I also intend to use it to communicate better with other people (ask them what they want to race with me if I'm hosting). Imagine how easy bling brigade trophies would have been if it had been working.
    Of course, also include the ability to mute individuals who wish to tell you what they did today when you're focused on racing.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

damn, trying to organize the BB crap back in '08 was an absolute C-U-N-T no matter about that, voice chat would of made things a heap easier then. We only managed to get it working back in the day, since we where all on msn messenger at the time, i remember having DD, Arnaud, and a few other on at the time trying to organize it, would of been alot and alot and alot easier to get it working if the ****ing voice chat feature was working.

I voted YES. but they need a mute option for players who don't want it. Hope this poll works it will make the game more of a laugh for friends

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Doesn't the "block" option in the friends menu block private messages and voice? If not, it should... I've never had to block anyone luckily so I have no idea.

Yes, it would make good sessions better. And you should be able to block any people that are making a session worse.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Voted Yes.

Not only because its supposed to be working like SL initially announced since launch day, but also because i'd like to hear the friends i made here and in-game

There should also be, if its possible, an option that would allow me to choose specific players to talk with since that would be very useful during WWC events. Communicating position on the grid would be nice to prevent deadly friendly fire

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Yes and make sure the mute is working.

I liked it when Asa used to comment on a race at the end, he always picked the right time to talk, when it was working that is. When you are in a race and people are chatting away it's really off putting, like someone in the back seat of the car wittering on about the weather or asking 'are we there yet'?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Voted yes, if the right filters are implemented. Like being able to set up a race where the voice chat is disabled from the countdown to the moment the last person finishes the race.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Voted Yes if it's fully functionnal and crystal clear voice (not the clearest voice possible using the voice sfx though ) and an adding 'Mute' button like others already mentionned.

Those were great moments KGB i do miss those races we had before but something is telling me in a close future we shall meet again .

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Voted: Yes, because hearing and shooting expressions while racing is superb. This is why you all should come to an European Wipeout Convention or the a North American Wipeout Convention. Once you have experienced this you want more of them. See you all next year

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I voted "WHATEVER" because.....whatever.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Lightbulb

Any modern online game should have crystal quality voice chat. Voted YES in this poll. But it is useless for me in WipeoutHD cos I dont know English good enough