Thread: My custom wipeoutHD theme

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Talking My custom wipeoutHD theme

Im trying to make a number of wipeoutHD custom themes for the ps3 (excuse the poor image quality). With so many top qulity screenshots flying around i thought "why not?"

Its still early days in the making, but Im having trouble already - currently its just bog standard yellow icons. Ideally id like to change them to the various weapon / track icons used in the game, but for the life of me i cant find them anywhere.

If anyone knows why i can get them, or indeed even icons from the other games in the rest of the series, i would love to hear from you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

**** this
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 18th September 2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: **** criticism/suggestions, he doesn't want them

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Harimau Sucks. USE AG SYSTEMS.

Or aleast the buggy mirage XD

Looks good though OBH

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

cheers vart, still very early days yet though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

Someone used my pic for a theme, now that's a shock

I like what you did with it, good luck with finding the icons you need

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Harimau is ****ing ugly. It should where a paper bag over its head.

The Fury Harimau is a good ship though.

Change the back ground to some Fury ships OBL.

PSN ID
    krioto

They have icons for weapons and items on the official wipeoutHD website - although they are all in grey colour (under game info - weapons option):

http://www.wipeouthd.com/en_GB/index.html

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I've already delved into the depths of making a theme, if you're into the whole design thing and are capable of using some theme creation software then it should be simple, but time consuming.

First off you'll want the PS3 theme creator software (link). This makes things simpler by compiling the theme and sorting the icons for you. It isn't perfect and you might want to use the official Sony theme creator (link). The theme creator is not fully compatible with the latest firmware so you have to use the latest version of the Sony kit to add any missing icons. Both these kits have instructions you should read, or if you're like me you can mess around a bit first to get the feel of things.

If you have a photo editing program such as GIMP (link) or Photoshop you can create your own icons and/or edit existing images into icons. I used the avatars here on WipEout Zone to get the images for my Wip3out theme (thanks Infoxicated!) and I edited them to fit into my theme. I got the wallpapers from the archived official Wip3out website at kleber.net, although it seems to have disappeared since I made the theme. I don't know of any sources for anything else, you need to do some research into more places for icons that you can use. As Krioto said the official WipEout HD website is a good start.

My Wip3out theme (link) is an example of doing the above. Good luck, I hope it turns out well!
    Last edited by Amorbis; 18th September 2009 at 09:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    DRSpaceman4

I have actually made a full PS3 theme before, it was for Little Big Planet.
    Yes i can agree with Amobis, it's a very time consuming process.
    I was going to make a theme for Wipeout HD/Fury over my uni holidays but was working too much on getting my wallpapers out there.

You can view my stuff here:
    http://drspaceman.deviantart.com

My idea for the theme was to do one that is similar to the Pulse one you can get for PSP. I was thinking of redesigning the icons with illustrator and adding in some of my best wallpapers from the packs on deviant art.

Right now though i'm too busy with uni. I also wanted to make one of those animated themes Sony announced a while ago.

Anyway good luck with it and i hope it goes well! Please don't steal my ideas
    DR Spaceman

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

To fuel the fire for the upcoming eliminator league i thought id pull my finger out and finally finish a theme

Being a comic book man I thought id try and make a screenie have a similar look, hope you like it.

Link to theme

I did toy around with the idea of having a black comic book esc square with a clever line inside it, but just couldnt get it looking good enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Wow this looks pretty awesome.
    If you allow me to make one remark:
    -Again the screenshot isn't taken in the most appropriate place. Your theme background is about Piranha but there's a huge AG-Systems logo in the picture.
    It still looks very cool (I really like the comic book style and the icons) but I think it would look cooler if you went to take the same kind of screenshot, but with a HUGE Piranha logo in it instead.
    I downloaded too, that's one of the themes I have where the icons look good (The others being the GTPSP theme I have with the black icons, and the WipEout HD ones) on the XMB wave.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Nice!
    I'd like a comic style filter for the actual game please!

yeah, that comic style looks very cool.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Effedieffe

Very nice! Thanks.
    Keep working!

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I'm liking the icons Haydn, very clear on the background. Looks like you have lots of creative talent with themes and Pulse ship skins.

I'm also going to slightly hijack this thread and attach my Wip3out theme so it's easy to download for everyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

im glad you like it
    icons were a pain, found borders are only way to make them visable at all.

@d777
    just imagine the pirahnas blown up the AG on his home turf infact maybe that could be whats being said / narrated, food for thought

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

so basically you just carnt b arsd 2....Can't be arsed to (much better ) change it?

I'm not bovvvvd (is it four vee's or a double double you??? or yew? what abou ewww?), me likey

downloads away!