Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Server Down (Possible Leaderboard fix?)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Im 13timezones ahead, that should be enough space

I sense a lot of boring crap being done by using up effort that could be put into something more positive and/or entertaining. The non-moderators among you can skip over all this stuff, but the mods have to read it all. This has a tendency to make mods respond in a negative way, negative, as in deletions of so-called content and of .... other things. <{thinly veiled threat ]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Im 13timezones ahead, that should be enough space
    The hammer has a very long handle.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Ooooo that's not so thinly veiled.
    Last edited by Task; 28th October 2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quotation removed

GMT is a wondrous thing.

Uh... have we gone offtopic yet?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Uh... have we gone offtopic yet?
    I don't know, but after reading this thread, I decided to turn off BRs tonight to see what it would be like, except I did it against oolproo and he acted like I stepped on his cat.

Some of my times still aren't updating.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Watch out Koleax, redundant quoting!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

^^^^
    You have received an infraction at WipeoutZone Forum

You have received one infraction point for unnecessary quotation

- All the best,

Just watch out for those kind of simple mistakes Koleax, i do accidental quoting sometimes i dont quote anymore.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

You sure it's an infraction ?
    It's ok with the forum rules if we quote only a part of a previous post, even if it's the one just above, no ?

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Good to see the times fixed again, shame my personal records are still wrong. There must be something they can do to fix this as well.

Well done to Problemsolver who I think may have had a big part to play in this.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm glad they got rid of the really obvious Zone glitch gotten times,but there still remains a few dubious ones ,can you really clear 100+ zones with only 29 perfect laps?
    I'm not sure of the maths ,the score isn't that high ,it's on the 2nd or 3rd page of the AP forward Zone records,actually there is more than one like that on that track.

I've got to go through all my records to see if they updated and so I can copy them to Connavars site.

I'll write down any times that I come across during the process that I think might be improbable [questionable], and post them to see what others think.

welll im not too good at zone, not played much but when i got to 75 i had no more than 25 perfect laps, dont know if helps

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Problemsolver knows the formula so he will be able to tell for sure,they might be legit for all I know,it's just getting to zone 100+ ???

Usually you start banging into things big time once you get to and passed 75

or after zone 60 for me lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

It could be possible. For every perfect zone (not lap) you get 10 shield, so basically with 10 perfect zones you could reach zone 100, if other zones are only 1% damage.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

They (SL) left some scores on the board that are theoretically possible.

Theoretically, one can reach zone 100 without doing any perfect zone at all. Initially the
    shield starts at 100 points and if you are going to hit the wall each zone by taking a one
    point damage only, then you will enter zone 100 with zero shield. One could go as far as
    zone 100.9 if the shield was set to zero at zone 99.9.

Anyways, I don't consider his / her score (100+/29) as a legit one. If one can reach zone
    100 then (s)he should be able to do 65 - 70 perfect zones, at worst, on Anunlpha Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    You sure it's an infraction ?
    It's ok with the forum rules if we quote only a part of a previous post, even if it's the one just above, no ?
    The infraction-giving page just says "unnecessary quotation". Rob wrote that page, which expands the rule a bit, while I wrote the section about quotation in the guidelines.

Often, as in this case, even partial quotation is completely unnecessary, since what was being referred to was entirely clear.

The partial quotation bit applies to big posts that address a lot of different issues, where it would not be clear what the next poster was talking about. Kinda obvious in most shorter posts.

Sometimes what I like to do is just copy and paste one little part of a sentence, put it in quotes, and comment on that.

The idea of the whole unnecessary quotation thing is to respect all the members by not wasting their time. The more quotes there are, the bigger and more difficult to read the page gets. And who wants to read again the same thing they already just read a few seconds ago.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That's what I was thinking.

Probably did 29 perfect laps then decided to activate the glitch to make it look more legit.

At least 95%+ of the messed up leaderboard times are fixed now

I think there are still a [very] few in the single race section,somebody beating Wotans time by 10sec on Moa forward Phantom is the most obvious one at first look through,but for the most part I think we can now consider this problem a thing of the past.

YAY!

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

Single race records still have a few zone battle times in them.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

For the time being the leaderboard fix is just partial (for me). MP times seems to update ok. SL/TT records (Being bored I did some offline records during the server outage Friday & Saturday) do not show up in the leaderboard. And online 'rank' is stuck local is improving as it should. Leaderboard doesn't reflect local gain.
    Last edited by Constrictor; 11th October 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: add online rank issues