Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Server Down (Possible Leaderboard fix?)

PSN ID
    novide

all my new records have not been updated since 2 weeks...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Records not updating, vista pads, occasional severe lag (players disappear mid-game, then reappear) and a new one: quakes that wont fire!?
    Happened yesterday during WWC match several times - I pick up a quake, fire it and hear the quake sound but it wont deploy. I held on to one for an entire lap until it finally went off

But hey, I totally agree with PS - we got commercials so who can complain!

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Those quakes not firing. Yeah, it happend to me, too. But only in eliminator since the 2.10 patch. I was only able to 'fire the sound' multiple times but not the wave itself. I thought of $max_num_quake = 2

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Ehm ... you know that the amount of quakes depend on how many ads were displayed
    in total before the race? So if 8 players are going for a race and only 2 got an ad, then
    there will be only 2 quakes in the game.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

In fairness to Microsoft and the Vista pads, perhaps this should be called the Apple Quicktime patch?

After all, Quicktime has stuff running the background that you never actually asked for, too.

hmmm....

Ad Pads

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    QjonPL

I had the same problem as Golgofier several times in past few days - only in Eliminator.
    Even more, today something new has happened to me - in Eliminator on AP I've picked up a Quake, used it and... a Missile fired up o.O
    (Yes, I'm 100% sure I picked up Quake ;p )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

I got the quake cock-up in regular MP-races, don't do much eliminator.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by Golgofier View Post
    and a new one: quakes that wont fire!?
    Happened yesterday during WWC match several times - I pick up a quake, fire it and hear the quake sound but it wont deploy. I held on to one for an entire lap until it finally went off
    This has happened to me too, in a normal MP race. I hit square and just got a sound, no visual. Hit square again and same again, sound, no visual. Just as I was about to hit it again it went off. Only one hit ericd7m though unfortunately. Eric also mentioned that he was hit with a quake earlier in the race but it had no effect on him.

I've also had a zone ship appear online in the place of a player who left the game but remained on the starting grid. It flashes between bright green and normal zone ship colours. It looks small compared to normal ships too. It happened before this patch once before though.

On top of this I've had trails of ships flash in front of me from nowhere, missiles appearing and bouncing around in front of me from nowhere, and yeldar appearing on the overpass on Anulpha in front of me from nowhere. Although that one turned out not to be a glitch, just yeldar. Then there are the occasions where I almost only get one weapon the whole time. First it was shield. Recently I've been getting rockets all the time. I was tricked into playing an eliminator match the other day and got zero quakes but hundreds of rockets. (Possibly not even an exaggeration if I count the three rockets at a time as the game was looong.)

Despite all this, I'm surprised that the record tables have stopped working again. Once again I'm thankful I have Connavar's site and a laptop so I can easily enter (rare) personal best times as I get them. I can't 'thumbs up' that site enough.

Good save in getting back on topic there at the end.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Haha yeah I loved that move onto the overpass, sweet as a nut. Those were some great races...need to practice summore, tis clear.

I've had the funky weapon thing with missiles before. Sound of missile followed by "where the?!"

record tables = fail atm

Is the server still down? I see that this thread was started on October 8.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

well it's not down but the leaderboards are no longer updating (again) since the release of 2.10-ish.