Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online Etiquette

Some people are just genius game players.

i agree.. there are genuine players who have good reasons to change or create new psn id's..to be honest i have a second one cos i couldnt seem to use my psn id on psp..but its similar to my own and i got it written in my profile.

but i am not talking about the genuine players who have multiple id's i am talking about the many who just do it for the wrong reasons as i stated.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Good players are always known by their names. But having a type of ranking is
    ok, it serves the competition. But I would prefere a ranking system like the
    one in MGO, it focuses more on your current activity.

Personally, I play online since two month (since Fury), my rank increased from
    1 to 44 as of now. Initially I lost a lot of races coz I wasn't used to the
    level and I also wasn't into Speed Lap and things alike, but things have
    changed tremendously. I can now compete with the best racers out there who
    have virtually spent all their time in SL, TT, and playing online. Well, I
    could have used another username to prevent all the initial losses, but I
    didn't. I like it to be real and native.

About the Online Etiquette; I was playing a 1vs1 (arms off) on the Fury tracks
    with a well known guy, yesterday. After he was about to lose the third race
    he was quitting after getting eliminated by himself. But anyways, after a
    while he was coming back on my server. So I played with JJAP, natade, fgdk,
    Zoth all the Fury tracks, have won 7 out of 8 straight (oh ha! xD), and got a
    PN after this session from the person in question. The subject was fu*k and
    the body of the message was held in french I don't understand.

But the coolest thing of all are those people parking their craft on the track
    such that the collision is still enabled. Wonderful!
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 29th September 2009 at 09:00 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    But the coolest thing of all are those people parking their craft on the track
    such that the collision is still enabled. Wonderful!
    Yeah, that is always fun
    Like on Sol2 were PS and I encountered too big a problem and got stuck on some "Dummy-Brummy" (what ever) at the same time for hours ...
    Well, normally these dead wipers are ghosts, but when ever they´re hit or touched, they turn into big fat cakes .....
    Ought to be some kind of truck - like in Formula 1 - who threw these ships with engine probs down the abyss - Sol2 would be perfect for that ...
    I might even stop dead, just to watch!
    Last edited by JJPAP; 29th September 2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Added content

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

And in the last race he brought me to a stand-still right at the start. lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    i am not talking about the value of rank, i am talking only about fake id's online and how sad i think many of them are.
    Well you really are talking about the value of rank. That's the only reason you would care about a "fake id" (whatever that is). Otherwise I see absolutely no reason racing someone with a secondary id would bother you unless you simply don't like the names (which again is puzzling).

I mean if you're not concerned with someone who has many many hours of racing under their belt but is racing on a new id I assume you have issues with someone with a 1 rank being so good. At least that's how I'm taking your argument.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

I've only been online a few days, but so far I am very impressed with the quality of competition.

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

Default asshat

I'm going resurrect this topic as it seems to be the best place to put the following:

PSN ID 'gorillale1858' is parking in the wipeout online lobby again. He did this pre-fury to gain rank 50. Of course he doesn't race, he just leaves his PS3 on all day. It a shame you can gain ranks doing this.

He's hosting a 12 track tournament right now, what a surprise. Send him a nice message over PSN if this pisses you off as much as me.

The good news is that using this method it will probably take until 2020 for him to get rank 100

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

So that's why they do that. I was in a room about a week ago and the host never raced. We had a pretty good time except I kept getting a missile lock on his ship every lap

lol..i didnt know thats why they park up race after race..to boost

i wish there was boot off option to kick off players like that..make it so if 2 or3 players select you you get kicked off .your out of game even if your the host.

PSN ID
    shapealot

ive only got the one account as i cant be bothered logging on under different IDs for different games. ive been trying to race phantom the past week, i havnt bothered since i got my platinum over 6 months ago. i can hold my own at the slower speeds but phantom is gona take some gettin used to, i was in a game with connavar, saturn returns an a few others and i admit i thought im gona giv myself a bad name here coz i keep comin off the track and i dont know my lines at this speed but after a while i wasnt so bad. it was nice to show my face in a race with these guys even if i did suck lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

There is a player that has also posted on this topic () that sent me a PM the other day. He said that I won some races just because of the turbos that I got. Why some people can't just lose sometimes? Bah, I thought the "zoners" were more friendly.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

In general they are, but there are always exceptions to the rule.
    We get a lot of new members here after a new release, and Pulse+HD+Fury has been a bit of a triple-hit-COMBO! to the size of the forum. New pilots don't just come with "zone spirit" pre-installed, it takes a while.
    Or maybe they had a bad day.

If the next time you see them online they apologize/take it back, that would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?

And that's the kind of thing that could actually happen.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    And yet others that have bought the disc version of the game and have only started playing online ,but are good pilots from Pure & Pulse.

I've raced a few in the last couple of days that are pretty good and have only had the game for less than a month.
    I've won my fair share of online races, lost some too... I bring some skill to HD Fury from Pulse, and it's been exactly a month I've had the game, current rank 34, how are ranks calculated?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
    In general they are, but there are always exceptions to the rule.
    We get a lot of new members here after a new release, and Pulse+HD+Fury has been a bit of a triple-hit-COMBO! to the size of the forum. New pilots don't just come with "zone spirit" pre-installed, it takes a while.
    Or maybe they had a bad day.

If the next time you see them online they apologize/take it back, that would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?

And that's the kind of thing that could actually happen.

Yeah, maybe he had a bad day... who knows. I said that just becouse I found a lot of nice people here, so I didn't expect that pm from someone who writes here... It was actually a compliment to the forum and to all the other members

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    I've won my fair share of online races, lost some too... I bring some skill to HD Fury from Pulse, and it's been exactly a month I've had the game, current rank 34, how are ranks calculated?
    It's based on the speed class you race at, the position you finish in and the level of your opponents.

I'm assuming that each rank has some sort of points value and there's a formula for working out what "points" you get at the end of each race. Haven't got a clue what the values are though

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

...so basically it tells you and others how addicted you are

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

seems Sinus1 is aptly named then, since he breathes wipeout (rank 100)

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    ...so basically it tells you and others how addicted you are
    In a word... yes

PSN ID
    morfeo378

only addicted to play online, because for example I'm in range 71. that is indifferent for me, but I'm sure many people on this forum with less range has played many more hours than me