Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things about wipeout hd that are cool

Smile Things about wipeout hd that are cool

Mmmmmmmmmm
    Looking through the threads in Hd forum i really all can see posts about broken this.. broken that..bugs ..i want this...where this...issues gallore..

If SL come to forum which they do, they will cry and be depressed that all these issues have been raised yet nothing good has been raised to the same level as the negative issues..So its time to hammer home to the programmers what we love about wipeout hd

Spread the love...We all moan yet we all still play so game must be good...

post why you love the game...

No negative's this post is for praise only...

I love wipeout HD cos................

Custom soundtracks..so simple yet so brilliant an idea
    Smooth graphics
    Colourful detailed tracks that looks so nice
    So fast
    Online play and competivness
    The whole styling of the game
    Downloadable content
    So hard to master.never get bored always something to do.new record to complte or someone to beat.

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

Zone Mode
    Short tracks
    Futuristic setting
    Original controls
    Speed
    Simple yet complicated gameplay
    I'm good at it.

while i think it's very important to raise the bad things, especially if you know SL are reading... so they can fix or take note of a few things for any future projects....i agree that praise is due.

1. graphically impressive.

2. clear simple menu (the complete opposite of lots of modern games with stupid 3d menu's that take a minute to navigate to simple options) anyone played colin mcrae dirt 2, i wanted to throw my control at the screen in the blind hope it would destroy the menu and start a game.

3. split screen, in an age where developers think we lack real world friends/family members.

4. custom soundtracks

5. continued support. dlc, updates, such as the race medals...which i think were a great introduction to the series.

6. blu-ray release coming.

yes... i forgot

the other modes

zone
    SL
    TT
    SR

the patches

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by DawnFireDragoon View Post
    2. clear simple menu (the complete opposite of lots of modern games with stupid 3d menu's that take a minute to navigate to simple options) anyone played colin mcrae dirt 2, i wanted to throw my control at the screen in the blind hope it would destroy the menu and start a game.
    Gotta agree with this one. I love Dirt 2 - think its a great racer - but I really would like to have someone explain to me why it was decided that the menu system needed to be a seperate game in and of itself. It's really quite an annoying experience getting yourself out on a track to race.

As for Wipeout, well theres not a whole lot I don't like about it. It's beautiful to look at, moves like greased lightning 99% of the time, has a wonderful visual style, and its lots of fun. Can't ask for much more from a videgame imho...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

Hi there,

cool thing about WO HD is the ability to beat a frenchman
    here and there peace m8's , you're fine players...

staying cool while playing WO HD is also cool.
    lots of hours having fun while being bombed, mined, cannoned or other ways of getting humiliated

coolest thing 4 me about WO HD are my fine m8's
    and our fellow contenders

cool thing over all, SL ! best graphics i've seen so far...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Glorious Explosions.
    Cool Weapons.
    Great Competition.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Blowing up OBH's ass.

/stir stir

PSN ID
    dieeeeee

Best things would be the zone mode, the graphics in general and the feeling of spinning 180 to shoot someone in the face with a plasma bolt .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

The best thing on WipeOut is that it gives you all emotions on just 2 hours playing eg: joy, sadness, fear, anger, optimism, disappointment, love, remorse, surprise, but most of all

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

It's the first game ever to make me try to improve my race times.

I love the design, music, adrenaline...pretty much everything.

So many records 100+ to go for..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Amazing graphics and the piloting experiment is incredible, not like the other racing games IMO. Something far more intense

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Well, the cool thing is; the game doesn't get boring for me. Not even remotely.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Well, the cool thing is; the game doesn't get boring for me. Not even remotely.
    Agree, for example I got Dirt 2 but I am already a bit tired of it. But after 16.000+ laps of wipeout I feel I have just begun And the wipeout controls give me a great feeling of mastering something hard.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

It feels like my entire music library was waiting for this game. I love the sensation when the music fits the track, or seems to come out of the air on Sol 2 with my more ambient tracks, and the sense of foreboding while doing a time trial from some of my moodier music while heading down the Ubermall straight and deciding whether to turn left or right and can I nail the boost barrel roll? It's just so beautiful.

When I close my eyes sometimes, I see the red box with green letters "You eliminated _______" and I'm serene.

In photo mode, all the explosions and special effects remain still. In photo modes of other games this isn't always the case. For example, Final Fantasy XII, you pause the game and move the camera around, everything looks cool but all the magic effects are gone. Something about graphics horsepower. It's good they didn't try any cheap way out.

The rocket smoke trails. They look glorious.

The return of a proper quake animation, actually lifting up the track like it was a rug. My favorite part of Wipeout.

British accents. I know some find the woman's voice annoying, and I don't think it's as good as 2097, but I still like it when she says "Mirage."

The international makeup of the players. I rarely see players from my own country, the US, dominate the listing. Usually there are as many British players, with a few from dozens of other countries. Tonight I played a Phantom Eliminator race with players from the UK, Sweden, Norway, Germany, and Ireland. It was time for dinner, but I thought, "after I finish eliminating the whole of Northern Europe."
    Last edited by Koleax; 2nd October 2009 at 02:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    tencinas03

ELIMINATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Customizable playlists
    Crisp, smooth graphics
    Online competition
    Awsome tracks with fururistic landscapes
    Cool team and sponsor logos
    Ability to take and save photos!!
    Last edited by warhawk813; 8th January 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: forgot to put something

PSN ID
    shapealot

id have to say its the insane lines BRs and shortcuts that are possible, its like no other game. im not really a fan of racing games id play them but they didnt do it for me but wipeout hd is different, it has so much more to it than the other games. my fingers are going like crazy when im tryna do a good lap whereas other games you only have to corner better to improve your times and this to me gets old, fast.

big thank you to studio LIVERPOOL

BTW if Zico Liu is reading this i only live down the road so you must live close, how about some split screen races sometime im sure BARNSTER would be up for it

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Zone mode, trophies, online with a very nice people, the beauty crafts as always, and when i have a FullHD TV in the future, 1080p and 60 fps, and something that i really love not only from hd, but from all the saga: Fictional sponsors with his logos, making that the racing leagues really have a cost, and for that, there are sponsors, and it makes a little expansion for the WipEout universe.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    0joe0fran0

I like Single Race, Tournament, and Eliminator. Eliminator is fun but I think it would be better if the stages are more arena-like instead narrow straight roads.