Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things about wipeout hd that are cool

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

I love pretty much everything about this game, apart from the tail-heavy handling. Change the handling to be more like that in the old PS1 games (better weight distribution, less turn sensitivity without the airbrakes and more with them, more rolling and drifting) and it would be the absolute best racing game ever.

The graphics are perfect. I can zoom in all the way in Photo mode before seeing any polygon edges.

Speaking of Photo mode, I can't understand why more games don't have this feature. Really ace stuff there (although it would be better if it saved images as PNGs rather than JPGs).

The default music is great, and the custom soundtrack feature lets me use any other songs that I want.

The sound effects are awesome, as are the HUD distortions. Taken together, they work very, very well.

The weapons work really well, and they finally have the same effects on both player ships and opponents.

The autopilot actually uses the game's steering model, rather than just sticking your ship on an invisible rail.

The course designs, although simply recycled from the PSP games, are great. It would be nice to see some original development, though.

Did I mention the awesome graphics?
    Last edited by Dan Locke; 18th January 2010 at 04:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Default Download Size

Oh god i cannot stress how much i love the size of this technical masterpiece, whereas shovelwear such as Dark Sector manages to take up a full 24Gb this whole game with the expansion pack only takes up like 2Gb, leaving a lot of room for other game content and leaving one to wonder how they were able to fit 1080p graphics at 60fps where the 2.5 minute trailer for the expansion was already larger than the original game itself.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

Well the whole concept as it is. I love the atmosphere. I Love the Speed. I love the community.

The feeling when I´m racing the beautiful tracks. Even today I think from time to time "wow, that looks so great"

I also love the turbo sound phiiiiiieeeeeoooow LOL

My first really indelible gaming experience as a teenager was wipeout2097 on the PC. Next time I experienced wipeout was Pulse on the PSP, and now HD on PS3. Once you learn each new game and find yourself flying at phantom hitting perfect laps, just amazing.

I've had dreams about wipeout. Sad, but I can't really sum it up better.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

I like how you can fly really fast, that's quite cool.

*cough*
    *crickets*

almost everything about this game is perfect!
    but what i like most is zone mode( reached zone 77 yesterday and my haert was pumping so hard xD)
    i love how colours change while you progress the zones and being able to race in mach1,supersonic while listening to your favourite trance music is nirvana! bliss

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake_gr View Post
    ... and being able to race in mach1,supersonic while listening to your favourite trance music is nirvana! ...
    This.

being such a good game you can leave it for 4 months come back and your friends are still playing it..not many games can claim that type of lastability..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

the fact that, while it's not better than the original PSX titles, it's still better than Pure and Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The soundtrack is the bomb! I usually don't listen to electronic music but this is just awesome!

The gliders and tracks just look extremely great! Both in design and actual graphics. I could drool about Assegai Fury until the next WipEout game will be released.

I really love the screenshot option - I wish more games had this feature!

The actual racing: I think due to the vertical layers of the maps and the possibility to tilt the controller this game adds more depth than compared to regular racing games.

Elimination in splitscreen is more fun than playing Tekken.

This game kicks Mario Kart's ass!