Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!]

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Always 1-2 per lap + shortcutBR if i have a turbo. i think it was 6-7...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Thanks Yeldar, i thought about something like that
    So, an already very speed race !!
    @ Koleax : I don't want to seems harsh or be the eternal bad mood guy, but to be frank, i don't believe in your multiplayer venom on moa forward. For several reasons :
    - Lots of glitched races already exists on the official boards.
    - Ag-System is a great ship but not the best choice to break records (mostly at venom speed)
    - 1 br only for the entire race, you didn't put all the chances at your side to break a record. (2 br at least are possible to perform if you have boosts at the correct moment, and one per lap is possible without boost).
    - 6 seconds is too much IMHO. I'm not sure that even with 10 boosts if it could be possible to beat, Yeldar's time with 3 seconds. And at venom speed, only 3 laps so few weapon-pads.
    - Mostly, you beat Yeldar by 6 seconds only on 1 lap , not 2 seconds per lap (already hard to believe).

The point is that i don't doubt about your skills and also i'm sure you didn't made an intentional fake record. But lot of people here are already upset and discouraged by the broken official leaderboards, so let's not enter glitched times on Connavar's website

However if you can prove with a video a close racetime to your moa's, i'll sincerely appologize !
    Last edited by leungbok; 4th October 2009 at 05:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

If I'm guessing correctly, the problematic time is a multiplayer race time?
    If so, checking that it is a glitched time or not is easy. If it says under Speed Pads the number 0, it is glitched. So please delete it if that is the case.

Also,
    "Earth calling Sony Liverpool. Earth calling Sony Liverpool. Sony Liverpool, please respond."

Please.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Well not now, mate. I checked that this afternoon and in multiplayer times it shows now the fastest lap (or maybe there's an option to look at the amount of speedpads like before, but i didn't find it).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It will show on his "Personal" page under the "Single Race" category, as for some dumb reason this page combines both single race times against the AI and the multiplayer race times.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Lol it sticks out like a sore thumb Leungbok

Removed link, wasn't working

Unless he had some major respawn good fortune it's got to be wrong.
    Last edited by KGB; 4th October 2009 at 06:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Lol, mate !
    Yes, i think about something like that, only Koleax knows !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

To be honest, the issue with the leader-boards has made me quit playing Wipeout which is a big shame. When people are unable to upload their records the whole point of striving to be the best kinda disappears. I haven't touched the game in several months but before I quit I managed to get my Transcendence trophy so at least I'm happy about that achievement Hopefully SL will fix some of the game-breaking issues with Wipeout HD and release another DLC pack, that would bring me back to the game again.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    It will show on his "Personal" page under the "Single Race" category, as for some dumb reason this page combines both single race times against the AI and the multiplayer race times.
    I just checked and did not see any multiplayer races recorded on my "Personal" page. It's all "single race" times back from when I was doing the campaign.

My Multiplayer Venom Moa time is ranked 31st. Yeldar's, which is the same time ranked on Connavar's site, is ranked 47th. It's a pretty even gradient from his time to mine and onward.

You guys are hung up about my lap time, so I'd advise reading the online leaderboards sitting down. The fastest lap time I saw was more than 12 seconds faster, but I think it's feasible with five or six turbos. The fastest lap times primarily use AG-Systems followed by Feisar.
    Last edited by Koleax; 4th October 2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: best lap info

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

There are many glitched times on multiplayer boards. on the top and also below.
    IMO the best overall wipeout hd pilot is still Wotan998, Yeldar is 2nd atm.
    If you want to have a better view at how he races, you'll find many videos on this site, some of Yeldar, some of Pirahpac (only phantom class) and even some from me, maybe it can helps to judge how fast it's possible to be on various tracks with all difficulties (br, shortcuts...)
    Show us a video of your racing skills and no doubts will remains !
    i'm always interested to see someone new able to beat Yeldar, i thought i knew all the pilots able to do that !
    A laptime of 17.99 is faster of 15 seconds (lol) than the rank 1 speedlap (33.46) = it's simply impossible without glitch, respawn or bug of timer.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Koleax View Post
    I just checked and did not see any multiplayer races recorded on my "Personal" page. It's all "single race" times back from when I was doing the campaign.
    No it isn't. Try taking a picture of that table and posting it here.
    The method you described for achieving that time makes it impossible for you to have done it. 1BR? No.
    Also, your "best lap" on that race is 29.xx Speed Lap record is 33.xx Who do you think you are trying to kid? You can't base yourself on glitched times saying "Oh mine is less glitched so I guess it's all right."

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

No it isn't. Try taking a picture of that table and posting it here.
    Sure thing.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/000_0175.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/000_0176.jpg

The method you described for achieving that time makes it impossible for you to have done it. 1BR? No.
    Also, your "best lap" on that race is 29.xx Speed Lap record is 33.xx Who do you think you are trying to kid?
    Yeah... Seriously? I don't know how long you've been playing this game, but while doing a Speed Lap you're limited to one turbo pickup per lap, whereas in a multiplayer race you can have many turbos per lap. That comparison looks just about right.

I could have gone a lot faster!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I don't know how long you've been playing this game
    About five years. Thanks for the info!

But on a serious note, thanks for the pictures. I personally have myself glitched times on that page due to the Spectator mode, and they show 0 speed pads, and are much faster than what is theoretically possible. Some of these times are actually recorded on the online multiplayer race leaderboard, to my unfortunate displeasure. That is why I was wondering about the pictures.
    You would have needed a lot of turbos though, it is possible to get very lucky. However the times you were referring to earlier are definitely glitched, so I would be cautious about using them as an argument.
    1.45 is definitely possible in Time Trial, with one turbo per lap. If you got more, than perhaps it is possible (But again the thing that remains is you said you BR once, whereas this 1.45 is using all the BR and shortcuts). The margin is still rather high between you and second place (yeldar) so that is why it looks very odd. You should make a video like leungbok suggested.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Well, I could go into my hypothesis that AG-Systems reaches top speed much sooner, so that when you get the first turbo on the first corner you can use it more efficiently to max out until the next turbo, max and speed pads to the next turbo, all before the second turn, and how BRs don't get you much anyway especially on Moa, etc., but I'm more interested in hearing from the guy who started this thread.

ProblemSolver is ranked 5th, with a total time of 1.37.11 and a best lap of 17.28, incidentally the fastest best lap overall, using Feisar. Maybe he can settle some nerves here with a few words.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Except that time is impossible That much is certain. There is not enough weapon pads on a racing line to give enough turbos to divide the Speed Lap world record by two. Your fastest lap is also a stretch of the imagination, you would have needed to get one turbo on every pad for it to even make sense... In Speed Lap I just tried, resetting my boost so it would be in time with the next weapon pad on the racing line. I still come up at around 3x.xx, with my ghost who uses the shortcut and the BR (34.xx) right behind me. I would have to use a stop watch to be certain, but even then I'm pretty sure it would turn out to around 30. And to get that every lap, or nearly the same amount of turbos every lap? You said you didn't use the shortcut, and only one BR, so that implies a big lot of turbos, and by a lot, it's like almost every weapon pad from what I can test right here in Speed Lap.

One question: did you at any time use the spectator option on Moa Therma forward at Venom class?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@ Koleax

2 example of fast races on moa therma :
    Phantom class (and still far from 17.XX)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivHNXTxlUM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCkwmqpnh4

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Except that time is impossible That much is certain. There is not enough weapon pads on a racing line to give enough turbos to divide the Speed Lap world record by two.
    Look, if you're going to talk about mathematical certainty, you could at least do it better than a third grader (no offense to any third graders here). I did not divide the Speed Lap record by two. I beat it by a few seconds using advantages not available in Speed Lap. This is not controversial, much less impossible.

Your fastest lap is also a stretch of the imagination, you would have needed to get one turbo on every pad for it to even make sense... In Speed Lap I just tried...
    In what? Really, this is a joke you guys play on new guys with good multiplayer times, right?

It's too predictable for you to say, "that damned Koleax, getting lucky with all those turbos!" You have to go this roundabout way of getting me to explain how to play the game.

One question: did you at any time use the spectator option on Moa Therma forward at Venom class?
    I don't remember. It's possible, since I distinctly remember watching CheekyGirl waiting motionless on the final turn until turbo-ing just as the racer behind her approached and thinking, "man, that was cheeky!" but I thought it was on Flash.

Default Moderator message.

It sure would be nice if this discussion of that time had something to do with the failure of the leaderboards to update, and also would not turn into yet another pissed-off argument between members.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Look, if you're going to talk about mathematical certainty, you could at least do it better than a third grader
    Nice, I like the way you speak to me Okay, so I was unclear and talking about ProblemSolver's time which you refer to. 17 seconds is approximately half of 33 seconds which is the world record in speed lap. You can't base yourself on that, it is obvious that it is glitched and impossible to obtain realistically, even at Phantom class with all the barrel rolls and shortcuts.

And no, it isn't a joke on the new guy. It isn't a joke at all in fact. Fake times are very serious matter. You may have unknowingly entered a glitched time into Connavar's site, compromising the integrity of it. It's probably not intentional, but it still is a serious matter.

Also, I am trying to tell you how to play? No, all I said was according to the experience I have of the game, obtaining a time four seconds ahead of the Speed Lap record (which is basically perfection until it is beaten) is simply mind boggling, especially in a multiplayer race where anything goes. Had the game just come out, I would have said that there is probably a trick, but you obviously didn't use any except one BR (Or you omitted to say so) so again the doubt remains.

Lastly, if you ever used spectator mode, this is probably the problem and it glitched out again, entering a fake time on the online board. It's a known bug of the system.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Sure Lance, but you can admit that we stay cool when a newcomer comes to explain us the game
    Back on topic : I was not that much annoyed by the broken leaderboards because i trusted all the members here to be honest with their records on Connavar's site ! I think now it urges to be fixed
    Last edited by leungbok; 4th October 2009 at 11:32 PM.