Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Matt_XIII_67

Connavar's site is excellent but there are too many missing records since the ingame leaderboard is down. Currently I'm n°1 of the overall zone ranking but I'm sure it's not my real position because some players (including some very good ones) don't update their records.
    I really hope it'll be fixed soon.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

meh.

How about an update?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I got the synchronising records message today when I viewed my times, the first time I've seen it in over a month. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but it's best to let everyone know. For all I know it's just a red herring .

In the time the leaderboards haven't updated I've improved on all of my times, very annoying indeed.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Probably a false alarm amorb, I get that message EVERY time I check my records and EVERY time I return from the records to the main menu.

The game is taunting me, I can feel it. "Synchronising Records" my arse

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

I went online for first time in a while yesterday and got the update 2.0 notice again.
    This was before even the main menu had loaded, and I only get sychornisingnow whenever I have offline records to update (as it should be).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

[Portal Turret Voice]Are you still here?[/Portal Turret Voice]

The silence is deafening...

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Any idea if the leaderboards update at all? My old records from tracks are there, but my new ones aren't. Will the leaderboards eventually update and include them in a few weeks time, for example?

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

Refer below for what's updating and not.

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    @Rezatron, ubermall updates so your ok.
    metropia, chenghou, sebenco, anulpha dont , both forward and reverse.
    the reverse of the fury tracks dont update.
    And two of the pure four dont update, think syncopia and pro tozo. if not pro tozo then its mallavo

cant someone email the programmers who visit this site nd ask them to fix the leaderboard..im sure they would do it if asked...kindly

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Better not, because I think there are already some persons here that do
    PN-bomb the SL guys. xD And from the perspective of an SL guy it becomes
    annoying to get 'hundreds' of PNs only because (s)he is working for that
    company. It's better do complain out in the public as long as possible. If
    you like, write an entry in the PS Blog, since you can be assured that this
    entry will be read by someone working for Sony.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Woo, and then nothing will happen.

Customer Care

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Could be true, but I don't think so. It depends on how you ask. It's much more
    difficult (for Sony, for the Product Manager, i.e. Joey Payne) to neglect an
    entry when this entry is written in a more seriouse way.

Joey Payne wrote;
    ... Honestly, i dont know the answer to this, so i have asked some of the
    fantastic guys at Studio Liverpool to help me

Should have an answer for you soon ...
    The important thing for me is whether he is true to his words or not.

And if SL fails to solve the issue, for whatever reason, then this thread is
    the documentation of their inability to do so. That's it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

How soon is soon anyways?
    Two weeks? Three weeks? One other month? Two months?
    We're nearing two weeks, and a critical game feature advertised as supported is still not working (Not counting the months before you posted on the blog either), and again we have strictly no information on whether it will be fixed or not. Now that wouldn't be the first time (Voice chat... enough said) but it would be the first time something working was broken and never fixed.
    I personally don't care so much about the leaderboards but this situation is the perfect illustration of the issue I had highlighted some time ago in a very long thread I had made.

The issue is that there is little to no communication from Sony/Sony Liverpool to the fans and the media about one of the oldest franchises ever on the PlayStation family of consoles. Not only is WipeOut one of the oldest, it is also one of the greatest, and to have it treated in such a way by the corporate staff is simply mind numbing.

I think it's a fair question to ask: "Why can't you talk to us more?"

Now I've been over at the Borderlands forums for a while, and holy **** do they have the wheel spinning. There are news articles and gameplay footage from a **** ton of sources being posted on the forums every other day, the devs are numerous and registered on the forums (The president of Gearbox Software is posting FFS, the president!), and the creative director has a twitter account and is answering questions of the fans today the whole day!
    Worst (or best, depends on the point of view) of all, Borderlands is a fresh new IP. It's not an established franchise, it's brand new, and look at the buzz!
    Just think about comparing this with the situation for WipEout HD... You'll immediately understand there is no comparison.

So, again I ask: "Why the silence? Why the secrecy? Why not getting the word out to more media outlets?"

I understand that Borderlands is a significantly larger game than WipEout HD, but really this game needs a big boost and I feel now more than ever that it's quietly being shoved aside and into the cemetery.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Are we really comparing PR tactics of a relatively small, multi-platform, third party developer (Gearbox) with those of a first party developer that is managed by a multinational corporation (Studio Liverpool)? That doesn't seem realistic. As far as first party developers go, Studio Liverpool seems remarkably open and communicative-- much more so than Nintendo internal studios, for example.

I strongly suspect that fixing the leaderboards is at least somewhat outside of what Studio Liverpool has control over-- just like I am sure that SL would have wanted DLC for Pulse released in North America.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

My point still stands that the communication from Sony (Not saying Sony Liverpool specifically, it's not their fault like I said in that other thread) regarding one of the oldest and best franchise on their platform is virtually zero.
    If you want, I can compare to Guerrila and Killzone 2, Naughty Dog and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Insomniac and Rachet and Clank Future: a Crack in Time... All first party developers (Or comparable to first parties in the case of Naughty Dog and Insomniac) working exclusively with Sony.
    Comparing with who or what doesn't change the fact that this issue has been in place for two months, and almost two weeks out from ProblemSolver's post on the PlayStation Blog we still don't even have the faintest of ideas if this will ever be solved or not.
    Is it outside of Sony Liverpool's control? Yeah probably. It still has to be fixed, no matter if you have got to go and see God up in the heavens before you can even attempt fixing it or not.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Well I couldn't resist and have put my name on there as well. Probably won't do any good but it's better than doing nothing.

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

Just got the #1 MP time on Anulpha Pass Rapier (1.39.51). I needed to announce this somewhere as my girl doesn't seem to care but I know you guys do... or not.

Here's hoping all these times in limbo will update when/if this gets sorted!

Timezone
    GMT -5

DD777 - FYI the voice chat DID work in the 1.XX days - I know, I used it back then!

So that's two things broken and not fixed.

Factor in the return of (although MUCH less frequent) mini freezes - and we've got 3.

Fury makes 4 things. (okay, so maybe I'm in the far minority with that last statement).

I don't demand any answers that would violate their NDA, TOS or otherwise jeopardize their employment - but at the same time - if I adopted the communication scheme of SL/Sony - I'd have been out of a job long ago myself.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Is the Wipeout crew that developed FURY still in place?

Are any further progress of Wipeout HD/FURY under development?

Colin Berry has not be in charge of any Wipeout project since the initial release of HD.

Paul Tweedle took over this post in April this year,[that's when he joined this forum]
    Paul has not visited this forum since the 14th of August.

I think we have been left to rot IMHO.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

We can imagine they're still on hollydays, now that Fury is released and the brd ready to hit the stores. I'm still confident that all the issues online will be fixed soon. Good things about wipeout Hd are coming, a blue-ray on shops means more players online (and 3 or 4 new bling brigade threads here ), wipeout hd in 3D seems to be confirmed and a new dlc seems totally possible with new modes and 8 tracks, HD contents should equals the psp's games.
    This thread needed some optimism i think