Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!]

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the leaderboard issue is 'out of hand' of SL
    I hope you're wrong but it's impossible to know without any communication from SL still no reply from the PSN Blog ...

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Just chipping in my opinion here.

I'm always raving on to everybody about how Wipeout HD/Fury is the best racing game EVER. Giving it 10/10 ratings etc - but everything hinges on the competetive aspect. I spent about two hours last night trying to shave 3/10ths of a second from one of my SL times - there's just no point if the records don't update.

I also find the wall of silence on the subject really upsetting. If there's a fix in place, then that's great - I'll look forward to it.

If there's never likely to be one, then I think I've probably reached a point with Wipeout where there's no point in continuing to play.

In either case I think it's only fair to be informed one way or the other.

Am really pleased to see more of a fuss being kicked up about this, and sincerely hope that somebody can find it within themselves to provide a definitive answer shortly. I think we all deserve one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I think we should give him, Joey Payne from the PS Blog, a bit more time to
    respond. But one and a half week should be enough, so I will write another
    entry on the PS Blog if there isn't any answer on Monday the 28th of September.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

This is kinda off topic, but on the playstation blog presentation of the BD-version it says "28 reversible tracks". Shouldn't that be 12 reversible tracks and four zone-only tracks? (Or are they actually adding a shitload of new tracks? Me thinks not.) Only mentioning it here cause I can't be bothered to register at the playstation-blog to moan about it.

On-topic : FIX IT! How hard can it be to get a few numbers from my PS3 to your servers? I've lost count of how many PB's I've set and never seen again! Also - is it so god damned hard to say "We're working on it"?, or if you're not "Sorry, but can't be bothered due to "insert lame excuse involving either money or Sony or both"."
    Playing wipeout HD nowadays is like playing BF2 a few years back. Every patch would fix a few problems and create a bunch of new ones. (But at least they kept people up to date on their progress!)
    And finally, a (pre-emptive) disclaimer : WipEout HD is still the best damn game on the PS3, that's why I get so pissed every time there's something wrong with it

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well Paul Tweedle, the current SL man in charge who visits this forum hasn't visited here since 14th of August, which I presume was a cursory look at what was being said about FURY 3 weeks after it's release [SL WO staff went on holiday straight after FURY went live].

Even though just before going on holiday he did mention that they will look at fixing the records problems on their return,I find this a rather long absence and it has me worried that this records problem might end up being perpetual,if true to previous form he would of at least given [posted] some inkling on the current state of the fix from their end.

I might ask another forum member here to shoot off a email to their SL contact and see what the current state of staffing is on the Wipeout front ,any further work on the Wipeout series might of been put on ice for all we know.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

There always the other 3 SL empoyees here on this forum you could try contacting as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    Ubermall updates ...
    Metropia, Chenghou, Sebenco, Anulpha don´t, both forward and reverse.
    the reverse of the fury tracks don´t update.
    So 12 tracks don´t update, right?
    The rest do?

(I´m asking, ´cause I have to do some rankings based on Conna´s site before a Team Nordic-tourny - quite hard if it´s impossible to see your PB on these 12 tracks ..... thinking, thinking, thinking ...)

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Its twelve race tracks that don't update yes. Plus two of the zone tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

well, ide like ton known if S.Liverpool said something about this F.....g update and why it doesn't work ?
    How database is working ? and how is it updating ? Who host the database server ?
    and WHY S.Liverpool say nothing since few weeks ( except Blue ray news )

will have to wait release of blue ray version to get some answer or solution about this ?

COLIN , where are u ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Effedieffe

It seems that they have a chronic issue regarding leaderboards, last year they reset all Pulse rankings to eradicate erranous times (see here).
    I don't understand how people able to create amazing worlds and physics simulations crash with simple math operations, it's like a scientist unable to do 1+1!

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    @Rezatron, ubermall updates so your ok.
    metropia, chenghou, sebenco, anulpha dont , both forward and reverse.
    the reverse of the fury tracks dont update.
    And two of the pure four dont update, think syncopia and pro tozo. if not pro tozo then its mallavo
    You're joking!? I've just got a Global Rank of 5th on Tech De Ra Reverse, Venom, and now I'll never see it on the leaderboards?

Quote Originally Posted by tug_14 View Post
    COLIN , where are u ?
    Colin is not involved in this; it's the responsibility of Paul Tweedle and possibly a few others.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well where are the others? It's been like two weeks now (Not counting the two months before ProblemSolver posted on the PS Blog) and we have no reply or even information if the problem is acknowledged (and worked on or not.)

If SL abandons their game for a reason or another, well I'm gonna do just the same. :/
    I pretty much stopped playing WipEout HD now... There's only one small step left. Step that I will probably make whenever Uncharted 2 or Borderlands come out.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm the same.
    Apart from four races on the 13th I haven't played wipeout for nearly 2 months

Studio Liverpool...............Please fix leaderboards I have fast times but they wont appear

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

It's a damn shame that WOHD leaderboards aren't being maintained

I think though that this showcases the problems with "official" leaderboards that are created by publishers/developers. They NEVER work in the long term because they are (1) prone to cheating; (2) aren't updated regularly; and (3) inevitably taken down. Game publishers aren't particularly motivated to keep leaderboards running because it doesn't affect their financial bottom line.

That's what's great about the WOZ time trial boards-- as well as boards maintained by enthusiasts for other video games. I guess my question for y'all is, why not record their your times here on the website?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I happily use Connavars fine site, only I mainly play MP online and there's no way to distinguish between Single Race and MP records in the 'Personal' tab. The Personal tab seems to record at least some of my PBs, but I don't know if they're all there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Well where are the others? It's been like two weeks now (Not counting the two months before ProblemSolver posted on the PS Blog) and we have no reply or even information if the problem is acknowledged (and worked on or not.)

If SL abandons their game for a reason or another, well I'm gonna do just the same. :/
    I pretty much stopped playing WipEout HD now... There's only one small step left. Step that I will probably make whenever Uncharted 2 or Borderlands come out.
    Same here

It's been 3 weeks now since I work very far from home so I don't have much time to play, but also to care about my family and do everything I can't do during the week, but I see nothing has changed since my departure I'm feeling disappointed

I thought about taking my ps3 with me to be able to play more, but from what I see I don't think I will, I have much better to do, like contributing in some open source projects, it may not work as expected sometimes too, but at least I can see why and send a patch if I'm able to solve the issue...

@Frances_Penfold : There's a major issue with those community leaderboards : they're based on the official leaderboard. Apart from that you have no way to prove your score is genuine. I made a proposal to be able to link a picture to a time (not necessarily hosted on the website itself, could just be an additional field in the records table in the database) but I got no reply for this. Some people may put fake records on the website and you'll have no way to see if it's fake or not.

That will happen sooner or later, it has happened on scorehero.com for the song Through the fire and flames from guitar hero 3, but as people could link pictures and/or videos to prove they've really achieved their score, it was easy to identify the cheaters and remove their scores from the leaderboard.

I won't make yet another wipeout leaderboard site, I wouldn't have time to maintain it and it would sound like reinventing the wheel to me

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Some records on the official leaderboards are also bugged ones (SR, moa TT/phantom ...) so they're not more legitimate than those on Connavar's site.
    Off course some can enters fake times. But we have the possibility of picturesand videos, or for TT/SL uploading some ghosts on El habib's website (at least when they aren't bugged ).
    But i usually trust those who enters times on Connavar's site

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's mainly people from here and Wipeout Arena that use Connavars site.

For the most part they are all diehard Wipeout players who know how pointless it would be to put in incorrect times,as most people know each other and what general skill level each is at.

So I think his sites records would be the most realistic by a large margin.