Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!]

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

Quote Originally Posted by mic-dk View Post
    I really want to update my entries on Connavars site, but I can't tell the difference between Single Player and Multiplayer races in the "Personal" tab (which seems to contain the latest records)
    It's a moot point, even if you knew which were the SR and MP times you still won't know the 'best lap' needed for entering MP times as this screen only shows the number of speed pads hit in a race.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

personally i've seen all my laps updating in the leaderboards.... with no interruption in the last weeks too...

in any case i hope SL fix it for everybody.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@leungbok: Yeah like the 2000+ zone 'record' on Anulpha Pass. There might be
    a day where I'm able to do 2000 zones, in theory. xD leungbok, you seem to be
    one of the best Speed Lapper around, aren't you? So I'll give you (or anyone
    who is interested) four weeks to prove me wrong, to prove that all these BSB
    records can be beaten without BSB or any derivatives thereof. Four weeks are
    not enough? Well, then tell me how many weeks you need? But keep it a 1-digit
    figure.

@DD777: Yeah let us wait a bit more.

@karsten_beoulve: The leaderboard partially updates, but it doesn't update as
    a whole. Some track are fine others are not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

oh, now i undertstand, guess i was TTing in the right tracks then

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    @leungbok: Yeah like the 2000+ zone 'record' on Anulpha Pass. There might be
    a day where I'm able to do 2000 zones, in theory. xD leungbok, you seem to be
    one of the best Speed Lapper around, aren't you? So I'll give you (or anyone
    who is interested) four weeks to prove me wrong, to prove that all these BSB
    records can be beaten without BSB or any derivatives thereof. Four weeks are
    not enough? Well, then tell me how many weeks you need? But keep it a 1-digit
    figure.
    No four weeks are not enough, simply because i can't play atm (too much work). But i'll have more time after christmas, and i'll give a try on bsb races. But it's possible too that guys like Pirahpac, Eric7dm, Ak-furtif or Xbarnsternx already beats those times. Kanar too is one of the best speedlapers and he can be trusted when he says that the gain for bsb is 15/20 hundreths. I don't know any top pilot who did a really perfect lap on any track, and we find new stuffs practically everyday, new brs, better lines or boost locations...
    Last edited by leungbok; 19th September 2009 at 06:42 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Hope that this gets resolved in the not-too-distant future-- really frustrating for WOHD to support online leaderboards but then not have them actually updated

Really I am generally really pleased with Sony's support of the Wipeout franchise-- the exceptions being (1) the leaderboard issues; and (2) failure to release DLC to North America. I am guessing that both issues are partly out of Studio Liverpool's control.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    AppleJack052570

Hopefully the developers will have the leaderboard situation resolved soon. It is kind of annoying to see personal bests on the leaderboards that I've long since beaten still up there.

For now I'll still play as I love the game and still have some things to try to accomplish without working leaderboards (finishing campaigns, Zone Zeus, Zico, etc).

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Its true that bsb times are beatable. i've beat a good few of my personal bests since fury with the new ships, and a few with with hd icaras on the lower classes.. As for the top phantom times, myself personally i wont be able to better them, but the pilots that made them are certainly more than capable.

As for the leaderboards, i think its only a question of time before they are fixing. Be patient

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJack View Post
    Hopefully the developers will have the leaderboard situation resolved soon. It is kind of annoying to see personal bests on the leaderboards that I've long since beaten still up there.

For now I'll still play as I love the game and still have some things to try to accomplish without working leaderboards (finishing campaigns, Zone Zeus, Zico, etc).
    Yes, off course if a leaderboard exists, it must works perfectly. But it's not a major motivation for me. I just want to do the best lap or race possible, that's all (i know it's the same for at least Wotan & Pirahpac), no matters the rank.
    As an example i'm not satisfied with my phantom laptime on talon junction reverse despite it's a rank 1. I didn't perform all i wanted to on this attempt. At the opposite i'm very satisfied of my phantom laptime on talon forward, even if i was beaten, because i did the lap i wanted to do on this track. As for moa reverse, i succeeded on the huge shortcut, but i don't like it, so i invalidated my lap, i prefer my laptime with a boost/br on the magstrip, it was more fun and more in control !
    I enjoy TT and speedlaps sessions for the speed feelings, just because wipeout is about that ! And you, what do you think guys ? Leaderboard's not the main feature in the game, no ?
    Leaderboards can be a usefull clue on which times can be possible to achieve, but that's all
    Last edited by leungbok; 19th September 2009 at 09:17 AM.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

IMO the Leaderboard is one specific problem currently used to pinpoint the more general annoyance of WO: Lack of communication by developers and/or publishers. Is it 'yes, we're aware of this <problem/bug> and we're going to fix it' or 'Hey, this is our proposal to <issue/community building effort> we think might help' or 'Plz give feedback on <whatever>'. Other developers (mostly 3rd party?) are really responsive on issues and eager to know what the community has in mind. Examples for me are SoldnerX w/ a dedicated forum (I play that) and I think Fat Princess (I do not play that) w/ a dev-blog.

And I'm totally aware that I (we) do not own a support contract on WipEout to get things fixed in 72 hours. On the other hand it would be so easy with so less effort to get really value out of us - for free.