Thread: Problem with WO3 custom playlist, everything else plays fine.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default Problem with WO3 custom playlist, everything else plays fine.

I can play the music in the XMB just fine, but when I choose WO3 in HD/Fury it won't play at all. WO, XL, Fusion, Pure, and Pulse soundtrack all works fine. Frustrated cause it's my favorite one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Are they wma files? They'll play on PS3 but not in WipEout based on my experience. Or perhaps they're some other format that also doesn't work. Other than that I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't work, but there could be one.

Timezone
    GMT -8

hmmm... i'm pretty sure it's in mp3 format. but i'll double check when i get home.

no in-game wma huh? that's strange. i mean i don't use that format anyway but if the ps3 can play it why not in-game?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I've had this problem with The Prodigy's Music for the Jilted Generation. For some reason it just keeps trying to play each track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

If it's not format issues, could it be DRM issues? Doubtful, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

That's strange, I had the exact same problem! All you need to do is put the mp3's back on your computer and run them through a mp3 converter again. It worked for me anyway.

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

Same problem! Did you guys download the same torrent I did?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

All tracks from WO3 play fine on my PS3. Same for Prodigy's MFTJG. Maybe you got your music files corrupted while ripping them?

Timezone
    GMT -8

hey guys just got home. double checked the files and they are mp3s. it's not corrupted cause it plays fine in itunes and my xbox360. but one thing that caught my attention is that the WO3 soundtrack has a bitrate of 320 kbps. maybe the ps3 can't read files that high while playing games off the hard drive????

all the other soundtracks have a bit rate range from 128 - 256... gonna try to downsize it to see if it'll play.

Edit: I was right! I down sampled two tracks to 256 kbps and it played flawlessly i guess not enough ram in the ps3 . . .?

if anyone is interested i used a script called Downcoder in itunes on my mac to convert the files. make sure you go to preference and change your import settings to mp3s. and if you are on leopard make a folder called "Scripts" in Username > Library > iTunes > and drop the file in there and restart itunes. select your tracks and hit the downcoder in the top menu under the script icon. it'll ask what bit rate you want and if you want your entire library or just the selected. once complete it'll ask if you want to keep the old files.

rock on
    Last edited by Manny-Frizzle; 6th October 2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: solution

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I rip all my music at 320kbps, and like i said everything plays well while playing. Seems we're clueless again

Edit: Oh! Well fine then! Go rock the racetrack now