GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Exclamation Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!]

I wrote the following comment on the EU Playstation Blog entry
    'WipEout HD Fury Coming To Blu-ray'.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver
    @Joey Payne:

I have to make serious complain about WipEout HD Fury.

Since for over two month most leaderboards (records) aren't updating anymore.
    Why? We at WipeoutZone.com (the core WipEout community) follow a deep
    competition which is based on a working leaderboard. You wouldn't believe it,
    but a non-working leaderboard diminishes the enthusiasm of a lot of WipEout
    racing fans and essentially turns down the competition.

Additionally, some leaderboards contain (known) glitched 'records'. And there
    are also some 'records' on the board which can't be broken anymore since they
    are the result of the so-called boost-select-boost trick (prior to version 2.0).

I (we) wanna know if STUDIO Liverpool is working on a solution and whether we
    can expect any results soon?

Thanks in advance.

/PS
    I hope my question isn't left unanswered.

PSN ID
    shapealot

id be happy if they just let us know that were doing something about it. i used to do SL/TT everyday now i only really race online because i have a hoard of records not updated. like you said the motivation to put in the hard work isnt as strong anymore knowing your times wont be on the official leaderboards. i think you'll all agree its nice to see your name up there with the best

fingers crossed
    Last edited by shapealot; 19th September 2009 at 12:52 PM.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

ACK! I added my 2 cents.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

no new record uploading since almost 3 weeks( as i wrote in the bug thread)
    Today i updated my PS3 FW to 3.01 and still no updating even though sync attempts entering the records menu!!!
    Please SL fix this a.s.a.p.

Good work PS and Constrictor. Fully signed! Let`s hope we hear something before the Blu Ray release if nothing else. If people are going to be sold the game as having a leaderboards feature (which is standard in all racing games nowadays) then the leaderboards ought to work, or at least there should be some communication as to what is happening, imho.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Additionally, some leaderboards contain (known) glitched 'records'. And there
    are also some 'records' on the board which can't be broken anymore since they
    are the result of the so-called boost-select-boost trick (prior to version 2.0)..
    I love how here people never listen those who are experts on speedlaps when they say that BSB RECORDS CAN BE BROKEN (example : my 20.15 anulpha phantom was beaten by Ak-furtif without bsb )
    It really becomes boring to read all those complaints.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    If people are going to be sold the game as having a leaderboards feature (which is standard in all racing games nowadays) then the leaderboards ought to work
    There should also be something about voice chat... Honestly it's a legit case if you say you got tricked by the advertising as them saying the game had voice chat, but really it doesn't (or does so terribly, I personally can't even use the thing as it doesn't work.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

Thanks to ask them to solve the boards problems

But people who use bsb spend time to perform this trick.
    It's not an easy way as a glitch, they deserve their ranks!
    I mean it should be rude to delete their times
    So i would like Studio Liverpool to allow it back without the 3 seconds delay (which make it still available btw but harder to perform)

We can also see it as a way to perform much better time even after good lines on the tracks.
    Personnaly i mean it adds fun (and i'm not good with that trick)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Please don´t turn this thread into a thread about voice-chat or BSB
    What PS´s saying is very important to all of us:
    THE (lack of) UPDATING OF THE LEADERBOARDS!
    Indeed, what´s going on in the moment is very strange: Some PB´s update straight away and some don´t (own experience). (Just to clarify: I´m talking ´bout "Multiplayer"; I understand it´s the same **** regarding other parts of the game).
    I´ve got hope, though. As far as I remember, we had the same problem when HD was released. It took time, but finally our PB´s were updated.
    I have fate in SL considering this as the biggest problem at the moment
    Last edited by JJPAP; 18th September 2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Grammar

Even though ill never get a record time in anything, specially Wipeout, its annoying as hell the leaderboards not working. Im so tired of looking at my records and only seeing times from when i first got the game.
    The worst thing about the whole farce, is that SL dont even bother to try to fix the problem, and dosent seem to care much about the wipeout fans.

2cent from a noob

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Signed by RedScar

There is only one excuse I will accept for this, and thats SL are to busy making out next DLC

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I have to be honest, even though i prefer connavar and co's site a thousand million times more, the broken leaderboard has detered me massively from playing.

shallow in some ways yes, but hey ho.

I agree with PS totally please fix it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

While Connavar's site is working, i can live without the official's leaderboards. My ego don't needs that the wide world sees my races time, i only care about real wipeout's fans !

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

I'm entering my times on Connavar's site regardless of whether or not those times get updated. But yes, i've slowed down my TT/SL play due to this problem since I don't want alot of my records to be "lost" so to speak. Hopefully when this gets sorted all these lagging times will be accounted for!

I record all my times in a notebook before entering them in Connovar's site and i've noticed that Multiplayer Talon's Junction (all speeds) is updating fine (perhaps we can start a list?). Most others are not, i've got about 50 multiplayer records that need to be entered. The thing is you can see these MP times in your personal records but it won't give your best lap, only speed pads which makes entering those times half baked.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I really want to update my entries on Connavars site, but I can't tell the difference between Single Player and Multiplayer races in the "Personal" tab (which seems to contain the latest records)

I fully sign the need to kickstart the update process!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Quote Originally Posted by Rezatron View Post
    I'm entering my times on Connavar's site regardless of whether or not those times get updated.
    I know what you mean; I´m doing exactly the same, hoping the problem will be solved.
    BUT, although I definately trust the honest people of WO-zone, I imagine uproars in the future if it´s not possible to cross-check the records with a working SL-leaderboard.
    AND: Wipers dedicating a lot of time playing WO and bettering their records deserve to get their PB´s recognized: aka They show up on the SL-leaderboards.

PSN ID
    Wotan998

We must be patient . I'm sure SL will fix this problem later . The most important is to keep our motivation on beating our scores again and again . Leaderboards are just a "bonus" .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

What bothers me the most is that those guys and gals at SL are able to pull
    the hell out of the PS3 but aren't able to maintain a leaderboard server. If
    they can't maintain it, they should skew it altogether. What's the problem?
    I'm fine if we could update our records to a public leaderboard server straight
    out of the game. Would be cool if our records could be transmitted to
    Connavar's 'Website for Global Rankings', just for example.

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    I love how here people never listen those who are experts on speedlaps when they say that BSB RECORDS CAN BE BROKEN (example : my 20.15 anulpha phantom was beaten by Ak-furtif without bsb )
    It really becomes boring to read all those complaints.
    And I love how people never pay attention to written English and claim to
    know better. I wrote; "... there are also some 'records' on the board which
    can't be broken anymore ..."
    . Can you see the difference? kthx

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@ Pbs, All can be broken !!
    Sure Wotan !!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You got a reply on the PlayStation European blog ProblemSolver. It appears your concern is being "communicated" to Sony Liverpool.

If only it was the same for every "concern."