Thread: Gutted with Fury.

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

Default Gutted with Fury.

My PS3 and I have been re-united with each other after 3 long months. My first move was to install FURY and all the stress that it was bound to entail! I play HD on full motion control and on original I have to make sure I am in the same chair in the same position holding the controller in the same manner as before if I am to have any success. It is stressful awkward difficult and I love every frustrating second of it. (campaign on elite completed with full motion)
    Fury is like playing a totally different game, its just so....so....not what I was hoping for or expecting. I have tried to enjoy it as a game separate from wipeout HD but it really is a poor comparison when playing it full motion ( DO you think maybe we motioners got forgotten about?) The physics just feel so basic and arcadey.
    Is it just motion control or is any one else experiencing the same?

PSN ID
    finngers

I'd say you're inflicting any troubles with the handing onto yourself if you use motion control

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Even though I don't use motion, I am a bit disappointed with the control as well. It's just that I got so used to the original, but it's not that big a deal for me.

I was more disappointed that they took out the dude's voice that said "gold medal awarded" and "first place." It was a nice balance to the chick's. Of course, nothing compares to the chill robot voice from 2097.

PSN ID
    mr_handley

i like fury, personally motion control is just weak full stop and used it once and nver again.

fury is different, but to be honest i dont see that as a bad thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I don't know if they "tweaked" motion controls, it looks like it's the case, but
    I'm sure the physics haven't changed at all! I could directly play FURY the same
    way I played HD...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I don't use MC so I can't say one way or the other but why would they (SL) tweak it? Or blatantly change it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

Quote Originally Posted by MR-RICO84 View Post
    My PS3 and I have been re-united with each other after 3 long months. My first move was to install FURY and all the stress that it was bound to entail! I play HD on full motion control and on original I have to make sure I am in the same chair in the same position holding the controller in the same manner as before if I am to have any success. It is stressful awkward difficult and I love every frustrating second of it. (campaign on elite completed with full motion)
    Fury is like playing a totally different game, its just so....so....not what I was hoping for or expecting. I have tried to enjoy it as a game separate from wipeout HD but it really is a poor comparison when playing it full motion ( DO you think maybe we motioners got forgotten about?) The physics just feel so basic and arcadey.
    Is it just motion control or is any one else experiencing the same?
    if you had some special settings (sensitivity or whaterver) for playing you'll have to re-enter them again, since fury resets them.

maybe everything will be back to normal after you re-set your game... good luck

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Motion control? In HD I'm lucky to be able to get myself pointing in the right direction, so have never persevered with it. If you can win elite Phantom races with motion control, then I shake your virtual hand.

I really like Fury - can't play Detonator to save my life, but it was well worth it for the extra tracks.

My only complaint with Wipeout is the broken leaderboards - but there's another thread for that.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by karsten_beoulve View Post
    if you had some special settings (sensitivity or whaterver) for playing you'll have to re-enter them again, since fury resets them.
    Correct. Patch 2.00 resets the controller configuration you had entered, so you will have to enter them again. Unless you've already done that, it's probably the reason why it feels "weird."

with motion control wouldnt br's be a problem doing especially those really hard to do ones.howabout online racing how does motion control deal with online collisions with racers.
    must be really hard to play.i use cockpit and that hard to play and get used too.

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

I have my settings in order. I am starting to enjoy Fury, it just feels completely different in its handling. The only other full motioner I am aware of is subtotal and I think he feels the same as me on this one.

Hey Jasmin, BR's are a walk in the park on full motion as all you have to do is give a little flick of the controller to execute them, I play in cockpit view as well and the only problem I have is landing them when you are unsighted due to it all kicking of with mines and bombs going of everywhere.

Ps Jed tb, the motion control feature is not 'weak' it's brilliant, just takes a little getting used to. Achieving campaign elite trophy surly dispels any notion of it being a 'weak' or 'broken feature'.
    Last edited by MR-RICO84; 3rd October 2009 at 04:34 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think it's more because that the Fury tracks seem to have more bumps on them so you tend to bounce around a lot,and I honestly think the craft are riding slightly higher since the update,that or when a craft goes up over a bump it takes slightly longer than previously to come back down,something has changed,it's very slight but noticable.
    AG systems nose seems to ride slightly higher to me and as a consequence I feel that I'm bouncing around a bit more on the HD tracks as well,and I'm like you and race in cockpit mode which makes you very sensitive to any changes,especially at Phantom speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

MR-RICO, I'd love to watch a video of you playing with the MC

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

Did the handeling change with fury? I play with the controller stick and i havent noticed at all. Or has only the full motion handeling changed?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Quote Originally Posted by jan709 View Post
    Did the handeling change with fury? I play with the controller stick and i havent noticed at all. Or has only the full motion handeling changed?
    It seemed to have changed for me, but that was before I realized that the stats for the Fury-specific ships were changed. Now I don't remember the previous version very well.

So, perhaps not.