Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Annoying things about WOHD that are not bugs

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Koleax View Post
    ... Perhaps it will look incredible in 3D. ...
    It won't because it's an 2D post-processing effect, it's not 3D in any way.
    Likewise, the 2D HUD will also not look right in 3D.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    respawning after hitting 5 mines then having to wait 10 years to get going again.
    Really? Dont we only respawn when destroyed of going off-track?

I agree with you though, restart after being hit by weapons if ****ing too slow... even worst if you eat all 3 rockets in the ass. This is just dumb. Im not saying removing any after-shock from weapon impact, but waiting for an eternity to restart is just too much. Being slowed down ONE single second is more than enough.

Timezone
    GMT -5

It's pretty common to get destroyed and/or go off-track after being hit with weapons fire. Your craft stops responding for a moment - usually just long enough so that you fall off the track. When you respawn - you now have to wait before you can start accelerating. (due to the previous weapons fire)

I know exactly what Yeldar is speaking of - and it's brutal.

I miss the 1.XX weapons power - 1.3+ weapons started using steroids. Although the 1.3 leach beam actually worked (and only then)! Why that got dropped is beyond me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Is that 1.XX weapon a Pure/Pulse thing? It made me think of Fusion and its ships with varying weapon strengths.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

The Tri Rocket can be exploited very well if done right at a start of the race You just Pin your craft one way and fire, instant 3 hit KO. I agree though it should be toned down.

@yeldar and ih8you....i agree can be to punishing..hit by weapon on sol2 drift slllllooowlly off the track..start a slow skydive ..eventually respawn and accelerate..loses 5 seconds easy maybe upto 7 seconds..

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I got a great video of this happening on metropia reverse: just after the mag i got shot by something or other then hit 5 mines then got respawned by some rammage (as you do)
    upon respawn: .....erm....hello...?...has my X button broken or what...hello?...?...ah...there we go...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It's even worse when you respawn right on top of a bunch of mines and/or a bomb dropped by others as they flew past. That's happened to me a good few times.

metropia..when you hit a little rivet nut in the wall.fly backwards then float off into the air..knock out a barrel roll to try and make something happen..eventually respawn on the track..

that for me is the most annoying respawn in the game cos it shouldnt even be a crash as a ship going 800kmh hitting a rivet on a wall would just go past...

mkae L2 a respawn button for online races so we can bypass broken crash respawn sequences..

press the button and that it.

Timezone
    GMT -5

What I hate the most about WOHD is the Fury Track Weapon / Speed Pad activation radius - it's so different from HD.

Honestly - that's the sole reason I don't fly the new tracks - it's just so annoying to me - the level of inconsistency between the pads - even on different Fury tracks.