Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Annoying things about WOHD that are not bugs

i would definitely class the leech beam as something 'annoying about hd that are not a bug' in terms of not really been a great weapon and it's visual quality. i hope it doesn't re-appear in the next title.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

In Eliminator mode. If someone quits (or abandons the room) their ship is still live. I ran into the same two damned ships repeatedly since those to pu$$ys never even started the race. Of course by banging into them they float to different parts of the track so it's not something you'll be able to memorize.

@Kyonshi ...totally agree..custom skins and personalising your ship so its unique is without question the most asked for thing.

Not really what this thread is about cos its not in the game..but good all the same...

@Yeldar...100% correct lapped bombs from lapped losers must go...

to be honest any player who drops a bomb hoping the leader may hit it on the next lap is poor sportsman.

lapped losers cannot ever win by droping a bomb only annoy the leader and effect his/her leaderboard time it is impossible to catch up from that positon.

I got got lapped bombed 3 times by loser in one race it annoyed me so i sent message to tell him to stop it..he replied "F**k YOU B***H" we played again and lapped loser did it again so i parked up waited for him and just spent whole race following behind ramming and shooting..i managed to destroy him 4 times..wow it was fun..but he quit and sent me more abbusive emails later..

think his id was darkside or something like that..anyone who plays him please blow him off the track..theirs no need for abusive emails....ITS A GAME..

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Yeah theres this weird bug online I ran into the other day. It almost never happens but its very annoying.

Me losing. :/ SL please fix this.

In all seriousness being in first and not having quakes called is VERY annoying.
    Last edited by Vartazian; 19th September 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BlochNWhitey

One or two things from me.. the first bit of amphiseum where your ship bumps right at the end of the mag track. D;

Uhmmm, also, there absolutely needs to be a limit on how many times people can pick Sol 2 in online races, it's terrible.

lol@varti.....thats a serious bug your talking about their.....can we race agin soon..i need you to see if i have improved since last time..ive been practising still

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Yeah ill be up for a match. Ill fire up the AG SYS to get ready to take on a Feisar

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Rumble

Yeah, it may sound like a minor issue to some, but for me it really got annoying. Normally I like rumble, but it's just over used for me. At Phantom the controller keeps shaking 9/10 of the race because damage and speed rumble sums up. Why does there have to be a rumble effect when I cross a speed pad?! I'm always like "what did I hit this time?". An option to modify the rumble effect is my wish here.

And I strongly agree about whats being said about the colision/damage thing. There's just too much fight on the track that can get you from 100% to zero within seconds whitout even drive incorrectly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Max, you do know you can turn the rumble off completely, right?
    But I guess that's not what you meant, just a selection of events where it should rumble - which is impossible, sadly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yep, I know. And I also did indeed turn it off, but as you said, that's not what I meant, though for me it's still better than HD's rumble at the moment.

Ship to Ship damage, when two ships fight for a racing line and their energy drains to zero in few seconds isnt such a bad thing. It can be used as a tactic for a ship with full enegy to take out a weaker ship by locking with it. The weaker ship always has the option to side shift or simply take their finger off the x button which may explain why SL has a sensitivity level for X.

Wall scrape damage on the other hand needs to be fixed as the dammage taken from them is too high.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

^facepalm

Come back and talk about the collisions in online races when you actually know what you are talking about.
    There's no "tactic", no "skill" no nothing involved. It's just terrible lag and everyone suffers from it, to the point that you can actually lose online races because of these collisions and the fact that all your energy is drained 1/4 into the first lap.
    And yeah, steering away or slowing down doesn't work, you still get sucked up by the ship that's hitting you. I tried that multiple times, trust me, you can't do **** about it. You just have to hope you make it through and don't end up being pushed through the track or off the wall, or destroyed.

I can see what disruptor is saying..thats if you got full energy and you think other ship may not have go in lock ships and they may end up blowing up.

scummy but probally happens all the time.

Right about no skill required just a guess of their energy level is all i think is needed.

@darkdrium777 well it worked well when i blew you off the track last time i was in a game with you. your energy must of been a little lower than mine.

A little more respect in the forums darkdrium, even if I am wrong which I am not, their is no need to adopt that shitty attitude with me whoever you may be.

Thx

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Oh it works well did it? Want to try again? It's been a few months after all.
    We'll see if it works well.

btw: you are wrong: it's lag, not you. You don't have control over lag. You might want to push me off, and yes, in that case it might appear that you have succeded with just the push you give, but on the other side, the ship is still pushing the other player because of the lag. So while you are back to driving normally, on the other side it doesn't appear as such.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Disruptor. Your Wrong. Plain and simple its a lag issue.

I wouldnt try attacking DD777 either, hes one of the best of the best.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you, Disruptor. Ship collisions take off far too much damage, especially when there is so much lag which makes it almost unavoidable. I might agree with you if the game's online was more stable and the damage was toned down slightly but at the moment ship scraping damage is more annoyance than anything else.

Bashing is also an issue too, in a lot of my races I get bashed around the track and I possibly fall off or are destroyed where the other ships are unaffected. This happens to other people as well. I'm guessing this is because of lag, too.

I dont think you understood what i was saying.

Yes it is a lag issue.
    No you can not ram another ship off the track or out of the way, it is all lag and luck.

Yes you can lock up with another ship and both lose your energy in a few seconds.So when I have full energy and I believe another ship has not I will if I can make as much contact with the ship with the intention of making their ship explode before mine does by drainig off both our energy bars.

No personal attack intended to darkdrium, his attitude in his post was insulting and i answered back likewise.

Default Moderator message.

Which would make both of you wrong instead of just one. No further such remarks from either of you, please, or the infractions will start.

regadless of if this is a tactic or not dosn't interst me.. the damage taken from ship to ship and lag issues is way to great and can spoil many games for all skill levels of players. this point has been raised by many.