Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying things about WOHD that are not bugs

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Saturn is Right, even if I have raced with AG-S since the start it is a bit OP.

Collisions, This ties into the net code but I Can't stand them. Nothing ruins my racing fun knowing that I died because I get stuck under someone on a longer turn and push into the wall killing 30 shield energy. I realize this is a racing game and physical contact is unavoidable, but when I lose more shield to laggy collsions then weapons there is a problem.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Correction: the Leech Beam was always like it is now, it's only with the change with the Rocket that it started to pull people backwards and become over powered, as it even cancelled a turbo! So they changed it back. Yes, the Leech Beam remains virtually useless as it does not cover the energy expense in absorption or use for a single Barrel Roll.

Guys, I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but I have to post some of the best annoyances of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Right, now I'm plugged in and charging, so let's go on:

Online menus

First, let's start by the online game list. You have a way of listing every game available that is appropriate, you list the player, the race track, if the game has started or not, etc. However, the problem is that such information is only available for a fraction of a second! It keeps flashing back and forth, back and forth, to the point of driving you insane just because you can't read what the whole race is about in one second! My recommendation is to create stylish icons or even new categories to denote if the race is in progress, and what speed, track and etc it's played at. Sure, you can read this information right now, but damn it's tedious just having to wait for the little thing to flash back to what you want to read.
    Besides, it makes the whole lobby look like some hyperactive disco party.
    Then, you have added so many icons at the bottom that it has become so cluttered, and these too flash back and forth with the track list if it's a tournament, arrgh. Please, allow the option to check up in a list what the track (tracks) that are being raced are.
    Conclusion: less flashing, more readable information, please.
    Now it concerns the filters by which you can search. This part needs some serious extension. You have added in so many customization options in the new patches, yet we have about what, three filters? Friends, region and speed class? How about what tracks, how many laps, barrel rolls on or off, pilot assist, etc.

brb, gonna post more later (probably, if I can remember)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm pretty sure it ever so slightly pulled people backwards before it became super powered. It was subtle, but I'm pretty sure it was there. Then after that update it pulled people to a virtual halt, so by comparison it felt like it did nothing before.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

No it had no effect, it just sucked energy. I am 100% certain. It's back at exactly where it was, and where it was like in Wip3out where the energy drain first appeared.

1.Records that work. With cheats and glitch times removed monthly.
    2.Wall scraping is unrealistic and slows you down more than a head collision with a wall.
    3.Ghosts available for all TT's and SL would help arrange to leaderboards into it's correct order and ensure all races, TT's and SL's are based on ability rather than secret Barrel Roll locations and shortcuts.
    4.Damage collision is broken and needs reworking.
    5.Ship to ship collisions are broken.
    6.Remove or disable all small objects from the track that can stop your ship dead. Would they really make tracks with stupid little items on them to make you crash, for example a street light that over hangs over a track where you jump.Or a wingnut on the metalwork walls on tracks like metropia.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

OK. Well I still think I might be right. No matter. It is what it is now.

leech did pullback im sure of that. It does on pulse still. leech suks now..pointless weapon

Leech beam=absorb ..yummy.. yummy

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Leech beam does not slow down on Pulse, it only impairs vision because of camera effect. Anyways, this thread isn't about leech beam only (which is by far the smallest of weapons on the annoyance scale)

by the look of the thread it seem the same things keep popping up time after time.

but regardless of these bum issues we all gotta remember that wipeout is still to cool game cos we all still play it ..it just could be even better with a bit of attention from SL.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Leech beam did pull you back(i'm 100% certain), now it does **** all.
    Online ghosts, my own ghosts glitch, in TT more so. Does anybody really want to download a ghost that glips 5 seconds ahead. I think not.
    Rockets take the biscuit, too many mines/ bombs and shields seem to be all i pick up.
    Ship collisions, fed up being pushed sideways into a wall because i cant maintain the path i want to take.
    Spectator should be removed, totally useless IMO, and dull.
    Back dropper bombs shouldn't effect those in the lead.
    Lastly i agree with DD, online menus = to much info , not enough games.