Thread: Fluke

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Default Fluke

The music group that brought you Atom Bomb for Wipeout XL
    There Risotto ablum provide that this group is still alive and ready to come back
    There mascot Arial Tetsuo perfecto!
    The have a new or two new albums out one I saw in Manifest Disk and Tapes
    Fluke
    Progression History XXX

Do you think there going to comtribute to another track for Wipeout ever again?

no,

they broke up in 1998. Although it's not mentioned in this link:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...=Byqf1zfjhehok

and it's only Progressive History X (it's a best of album).

Rachel (the Ariel Tetsuo-ish figurehead) was only a dancer, she didn't contribute to the band in any other way.

they were an awesome band though.

aus!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

That hurts to here that.

Fluke was the group that inspired me to become a DJ. I like there style of doing music and the way every fluke album came out. Were you had to wait like a year and a half, close to two years for the next.

I never had a chance to see them live, even when they were here in 1995 touring there album Atom Bomb. Even though she was a dancer, she had a pretty good singing voice.

Yeah, going to miss you fluke

DJ Techno

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Default One fond Fluke memory

I remember cruising through downtown Mexico City (just visiting) when a familiar tune came on the car radio. I instantly noticed that it was a track from Fluke's album OTO. Can't remember which track it was, though.

The music fit the scenery quite well: late at night, skyscrapers, thousands of cars in one constant flood of headlights, taillights. Mega City indeed.

Check out this cool station: http://www.985.com.mx/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Digging up an ancient thread, yes, but since I have a question regarding Fluke I figured why open a new one.

After hearing Goodnight Lover over and over again as well as some other songs from Risotto, I decided to buy one or two of their albums. Now, since there is a LOT of much information on Fluke floating on the net, I am having a hard timing finding what I'm looking for. What I'd really need is a short summary of their studio albums on CD and what kind of musical style they are. I like almost everything on Risotto, but have heard that Fluke have come a long way during their career...
    Now, which of the other albums do you think could suit my taste? Is Progressive History XXX worth its money or is it more for the hardcore fan?

Ben

PSN ID
    Judus

OK, this is only an opinion...

i bought Progressive history XXX but didnt like a lot of tracks on it, by that i mean they werent like wipeout tracks or near enough, however i bought the album "puppy" in which almost all the tracks were great...

one thing that puzzels me though
    auslander wrote
    they broke up in 1998. Although it's not mentioned in this link:
    but the album "puppy" was released in 2003..

am i missing something here?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I might check Puppy out - I thought Progressive History XXX was a waste of £20.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Puppy has such a silly cover I wasn't sure what to expect of it. ;) What was bad about the History?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It contains mostly special remixes of their tracks, so even the good ones, like Atom Bomb, have been remixed and diluted beyond what was originally good about them.

I just find the whole album is a missed opportunity - rather than providing a summary of the highlights of their career, they've tried to be clever and served only to detract from the great originals.

Probably.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I think I know what you are saying. Guess I'll be missing out on that one then. Also, I never liked compilations in the first place. :)

OK, so anyone else has an opinion on any of the other albums? Sorry, but I wouldn't know where else to ask.

PSN ID
    Judus

have you tried Hybrid's "morning sci-fi" album? it rules..A worthy addition to their great albums.

G'Kyl wrote:
    Puppy has such a silly cover I wasn't sure what to expect of it.
    For starters it has original tracks than remixes. The tracks also are more varied and yet feel underground at the same time.
    theres samples to all the tracks from puppy.

http://www.mp3search.ru/album.html?id=11944

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Thanks a lot for the link! Yet I find most of the tracks are too much in the field of mainstream pop music, which isn't what I am looking for. Good thing I didn't buy without listening in first. ;)

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Puppy has such a silly cover I wasn't sure what to expect of it.
    Sorry to disagree, but, well, I disagree. :wink: The cover looks unique, and whoever can't see the beauty in Puppies may not agree, but it uses that with a mixter of mystery, which I like very much!!!!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I too didn't think much of Prog History XXX, you just got a selection of the old album tracks that never saw a single release and a bunch of remixes from other artists (with the exception of a couple of remixes), but of course we know that remixes done by other artists for fluke nearly always sucked, sadly.

Risotto was a great album, worth getting for the tracks that never saw a single release, other than Atom Bomb and Absurd, the best ones IMO were Amp, Referendrum and Goodnight lover, all great tracks

Oto is a lot shorter an album, very downbeat and kinda chilled, all of the tracks on there are of that style or mixes of other previous tracks in that style.

Six Wheels On My Wagon I don't have but I believe it has a few Fluke classics on there like Slid and Electric Guitar, can't be too sure though.

The earlier albums were all Vinyls that are prettymuch impossible to get anymore, this is the one thing that makes Progressive History XXX worth getting since the first disk is full of tracks from their early albums.

Dim, out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Well, I just listened in to a few tracks from Prog. Hist. and several other Fluke albums on Amazon. Seems like Risotto is the only one that really suites my taste in electronical music. Goodbuy Lover is what I fell in love with and from what I've heard so far, it's subjectively their best track. Fine, I'll be bidding on Risotto on eBay then tomorrow night. Wish me luck all. Oh, and thanks. :)

Ben