Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best FEISAR alternatives?

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Arrow

I've found that low handling ships are better as the speed gets faster. Not sure about Feisar...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Stated otherwise; more handling leads to a decrease in velocity while
    steering too much. Yeah, that's true. One can experience this using
    Feisar. Being tight on the controls is key. Oh yes!

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Unhappy

Either way, I'd need surgery to seperate me from my Icaras. Not to mention the time where I had to unlock all the zone skins for the other ships...Especially with AG Systems, I cannot stand that ship one bit...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I used to use FEISAR. The handling made me inconsistent because I would always overcompensate when something went wrong. I used Goteki for a long time, but I'm starting to feel no benefit from it at all.

If you prefer ships that handle well, then AG-S should be miles ahead of Goteki as a FEISAR replacement. Thrust is only 10 less, handling is way better. Speed is the same, I think, so based on that shield energy must be slightly lower (?). But shields don't matter too much because you can learn good shield management. But overall, it is the fact that Goteki's speed is no better than AG-S that makes me feel it's pointless to choose it just for the 10% thrust bonus. Online, there will be plenty of times where an AG-S will beat a Goteki off the line of the AG-S user has has a better ping or the AG-S user is maybe just better at timing the starts perfectly. That's all based on HD ships. Not sure about Fury but I think Fury AG-S now has 95% thrust while Goteki stays at 100% so it's possibly even more the case.

Personal preference comes in to it in as much as I don't really like better handling ships. The fact that it's easier to get around a corner means I think about it less, and then they tend to feel twitchy to me too. I still like FEISAR and also have the odd day that's a FEISAR day, but they're rare.

HD Mirage could be worth a try. It feels smooth and has good all round stats. I would suggest trying HD Mirage and AG-S (HD or Fury) and seeing how you get on.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Talking Well, as an ex Feisar pilot.....

Ive raced Feisar in every WipEout game up till HD, and was in the same situation as you and then I stumbled upon HD Harimau. And then Fury came along and made them even better. The handlings still decent enough that you can take pretty much every corner without lifting off the accelerator (as long as youve got the right line) but the rest of the stats are a little better.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    diddymal

Harimau is awesome, if your notusing Fury variations try Assegai.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

imo the hd harimau is the very best handling ship in the game.
    the fury harimau is also an extremely good handler and with its boosted top speed it is now more than ever a viable alternative to replace the feisar.

about the fury versus hd ships i have most experience in the piranha and triakis.
    the fury piranha definitely doesnt feel as tight as the hd one and i am quite positive im faster throughout the corners in the hd one. but the fury piranha is without a slight of doubt faster off the start line.
    the fury triakis is now a more viable alternative to use seriously online due to its monstrous stats gain
    +5 speed
    +10 thrust
    +10 handling
    but it is also the ship i tried diverting the most from its roots, it simply feels to different to be compared properly.

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Red face

One question that strikes me with Icaras vs. Harimau: What is the point in sacrificing speed, for more handling? (And a bit of shield...) Seems a bit absurd if you ask me. At higher speed it's sort of an advantage to have low handling so you don't overdo it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

thats what i like about the harimau, perfect balance.
    to me feisar is useless, and the assegai slides out to much in the corners. the harimau has a quite neutral behavior throughout corners and is therefore good at even the higher speeds. the ag-s has a similar handling as the harimau but with lower top speed, therefore i would call it a naturall transition for a feisar-user depending on whats he thinks is more important. speed, or thrust.
    i myself beat campaign legend using only harimau and goteki. harimau in no opponents races and goteki in the AI cluttered mayhem. but i guess it just comes down to preference

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

I've been racing with harimau yesterday, i have to say that i'm quite impressed, i think i really shaved up some time and i've been more competitive online. It's worth a more serious training!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

i agree, fury's harimau is now a very interesting ship !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

After using Icaras for a long time i tried Harimau+ and i beat a lot of my records. Regardles is it Venom or Phantom that ship suits me perfectly.

I checked some stats yesterday and i was surprised with Qirex+. It seems to be well balanced all around. I don't think someone mentioned about Qirex+...
    Last edited by phaeton_pl; 11th September 2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: +++

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

LOL I love how people are using the + now, like Harimau+, Feisar+

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I like. But for some reasons (i.e. to be more clear) I used Fury-Feisar and
    HD-Feisar in one of my latest post here.

Shouldn't it be Harimau F, Feisar F, etc.?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I only use HD AG SYS. the new one is crap and I don't like the other ships.