Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Rivalry / Dislikes

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Default Wipeout HD Rivalry / Dislikes

I love most forms of motor racing - but what excites me about it isn't the cars themselves, but rather the personalities of the drivers and the rivalry that exists between them. Racing becomes so much more intense when there is a clash of egos and the drivers feel that they have something to prove on the track.

Now when playing Wipeout HD online, I've had some very brutal and intense races against various other contenders, but I tend to have the attitude in Wipeout that 'anything goes', and I've never felt any dislike for another pilot (although certainly I like some more than others).

I was just wondering if this is the case for everybody - or if there are simmering grudges out there on the leaderboard? Other pilots that you feel a particular urge to eliminate at any given opportunity?

I don't think that it would be healthy to bring anybody's name into it - but am definitely curious in general terms, as to whether it's all fun and games, or whether there's any sort of road rage going on between certain players?
    Last edited by jimsin; 10th September 2009 at 02:20 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BlochNWhitey

I honestly like everyone on here, even the over-confident ones. My issue is I just don't like partaking in competition, I think it kind of.. ruins the game for me, and i know 99% of the others on here won't agree. I merely play to beat my own times and enjoy getting better and better at each corner.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Nicely put, Jimsin. Im sure you can get an idea of what kind of pilot I am just having played me against me a few times. I never hold grudges for the simple fact that WipEout is ever changing. "Pilot" may win a few rounds, but "Pilotx" will win the next few. Quite simply put, I race "tit for tat"; If you whail on me, Im going to whail back. If you want to race, I'll race ya. If you want a blodd bath, then pack a lunch cuz Ima bring it
    Case and point, I go with the flow...although, it is good fun exchanging fire from time to time Especially when you know that its "all good".

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I just go for revenge kills, the old "eye for an eye" mentality

PSN ID
    chboing

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Ive made Many an Enemy on the tracks. And I dont regret it. Gives me more Insentive to Reduce other ships to Scrap metal.

Rivalry is why I play the game.

Actually Some people already know this but when I race I have Primary "Targets" Ill Purposley slow down and hinder my own performance to destroy this other person and Greatly hinder their race experience.

It is the ultimate thrill!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

personally i never had any problem with anyone online... the only 2-3 that pissed me were a couple of high level racers (lv 40-50-60) that would change the race kind from flash or rapier to phantom after getting the room full of average/low level players... all with the 3 second before racestart.

i remember a german (i have nothing aginst german... my grandmother is german and my mother austrian) that became the host of a group of 4 lv1 players, 3 around lv 10, and himself at lv 50... he changed the tournament from venom to phantom with 3 seconds startup... needless to say that he was actually time-trialling alone after the second race...

actually at half of the first race 4 people had left already... these are the only things pissing me off. i played it off to the end tought, and managed to end withing 30 seconds after the winner all time

beside that i never get too much pissed at people for shooting me or for the battle frenzy... i mostly get pissed at the bad luck of getting hit by a random shot from incredibly far.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    ...Ill Purposley slow down and hinder my own performance to destroy this other person and Greatly hinder their race experience.
    Next time we race could you actually try putting that into practice... Usually you shoot me then scamper off up the track laying mines/bombs all over the shop Slow down next time...I won't shoot you...promise
    Actually I probably won't

I love all players in wipeout generaly. They are all nice and all too fast, the more i play the more i like the game. Its good to play a game where the players are so skillful and hard to beat, it makes the game so much more addictive.

The only thing i dont like in wipeout is bad losers who get abusive and ungracious winners who have no manners .Luckily i havnt really met many of those..

PSN ID
    finngers

Blowing people up in races and staying in the middle of the pack is well more fun than winning to me so i dunno if people don't like me but every message ive got has been nice so i think this game is pretty chill and i be nice back, i played the ufc game for a bit and half the messages were like '**** u bitch' which was funny for a bit but got old after a while so this is a nice change

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    Actually Some people already know this but when I race I have Primary "Targets" Ill Purposley slow down and hinder my own performance to destroy this other person and Greatly hinder their race experience.

It is the ultimate thrill!
    I used to do that, then Pulse came along and ruined it with its soft crappy weaponry. However I was also chasing these targets, you make it sound like your mr invincible never out of first place...? Or you target weaker players on purpose.

Now its more a case of winning, I also like hunting down people who constantly ram into and try to bash me around.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Rapier: It's Vartazian. He does that to troll a little I guess (And it works )
    As long as he doesn't proclaim himself Mr Worldwide Number One in every other post...

Besides, who never slowed down to shoot someone?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Guilty as charged
    If someone get's the 'quaker' badge and in the process buggers my race I tend to send a few special packages their way all in good fun of course

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Talking

AG SYSTEMS must die!

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Besides, who never slowed down to shoot someone?
    I have to admitt I was leading a race on Sol 2, and I picked up a quake and slowed down for this player using AG Systems. I quaked him and he fell off the track.

how can you have a persoanl hate problem with ag systems. its just a ship the game.please explain

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Whizzer The Hawk View Post
    AG SYSTEMS must die!
    Word!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, what did AG-S ever do to you? Lucky for me (or unlucky) I rarely have to slow down to shoot someone, since I'm usually mid pack anyway lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It has weak shields and explodes nicely when plasma'ed
    AG-Systems is usually the one that dies whenever it's racing against me (AI, and online sometimes I happen to shoot it too.)

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Cool

I do not have a personal hate with AG-Systems. I am role-playing in the WipEout world. Everyone needs a rival team, no matter how uncompetetive you are - there will always be one you hate.