Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Rivalry / Dislikes

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    It has weak shields and explodes nicely when plasma'ed
    AG-Systems is usually the one that dies whenever it's racing against me (AI, and online sometimes I happen to shoot it too.)
    That is my point Darkdrium. AG-Systems always gets in the way and overtakes.

AG-S invented anti-grav racing; c'mon give 'em a break.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    I used to do that, then Pulse came along and ruined it with its soft crappy weaponry. However I was also chasing these targets, you make it sound like your mr invincible never out of first place...? Or you target weaker players on purpose.
    Actually I usually Set My targets for the other fastest players on the track. People who are usually a threat. If not I usually just zip ahead anyways.

No Im not Mr. Invincible, No Im not worldwide champion I just like Killing other players. Race me, You will see what I mean.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

On the subject of blowing people up I have to say I'm quite partial to a bit of eliminating. I enjoy getting people with plasmas that are a few lengths away and to then see their ship blow up in a satisfying cloud of ship parts. I don't target people, though. If I have a weapon I'll use it but I won't go out of my way, such as slowing down, to make use of a weapon.

However, eliminator mode is a different story. Anyone that's played with me on that might know what I mean

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Amorbis you also fly Pirahna which is like a Flying Tank.. Well I guess thats Triakis, You know what I mean

PSN ID
    Amorbis

A flying tank is better than a paper aeroplane, at least it is for me. The high shield has saved me from a lot of sticky situations I'm sure. I don't really hate any ships as they all have their uses, but Piranha seems to work well for me. I have picked up on the AG Systems hate, it is true that a lot of people use it. But if it wasn't AG Systems it would have to be another team to be the people's favourite, so I'm not going to be too harsh on it.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Menolike G45 because they always seem to end up at the front of the starting grid...

Fair enough in tournaments though

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    AG-S invented anti-grav racing; c'mon give 'em a break.
    Even if they did Lance, think of us anti-AG-System racers as a rebellion.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Apologies for posting this thread when there was another similar one from before - but I guess it has brought it back, and there have been a lot of fun, interesting posts which I've enjoyed reading.

When I made this post, I was thinking about more negative rivalries such as Senna/Prost or more recently Hamilton/Alonso in F1 - or Rossi/Biaggi in Moto GP - but yes, thinking about more friendly rivalries I'd definitely have to say Jasmin Jade - some people I can never catch up with - others I always beat - but Jasmin always seems to be just ahead, just behind, or scraping my paintwork.

Other than that, I also tend to want to beat people who I never see on the Zone Forums, so don't know anything about - people like seanywauny, JJohnEames, PEPEDA, oolproo, & DarkseidMD - unfortunately they are still a bit too fast for me, so it only happens when I'm lucky

correct me if i am wrong but i played seanywauny and he appears from what i have seen to only enjoy playing absolute beginners on slow speed class where his victory is guaranteed. I have never seen him in a real competetive game with the players here where vicory would be extremly hard for him.

@jimsin..our rivarly is good i practice i beat you, you practice you beat me..we both get better soon we will be beating others that were originally out of our reach

@varti....i can vouch for him..if you are close to him he will lay it thick and blow you off the track..if you are slow he will leave you alone.Very hard player to take anything from.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

i get aggressive versus people in icaras
    usually nothing personal behind it, but its sooo many online that use it. i feel its an obligation as a piranha racer to do everything in my might to wipe them off the face of the earth.
    feed me
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 11th September 2009 at 04:20 AM. Reason: punctuations are nice :P

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Exclamation

Pffft! I beg to differ! I'll show you the true meaning of Flying High - watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    @varti....i can vouch for him..if you are close to him he will lay it thick and blow you off the track..if you are slow he will leave you alone.Very hard player to take anything from.
    In one lap of Anulpha Pass Reverse Varti was behind me and I received: Rockets, 2 missiles, a quake all in the backside, and he shot ahead of me and layed some mines to finish me off...

Didn't take him long because of my weak shields...
    Last edited by Lance; 11th September 2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts by same author. Please avoid multiple posting.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Please try not to double post at four minutes interval

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by Whizzer The Hawk View Post
    In one lap of Anulpha Pass Reverse Varti was behind me and I received: Rockets, 2 missiles, a quake all in the backside, and he shot ahead of me and layed some mines to finish me off...

Didn't take him long because of my weak shields...
    http://snp.bpb.de/referate/mk4.gif

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Could be interesting.... Varti m'lad

If your talking about teams, then Piranha can rot, according to the story Piranha were jealous of our high maneuverability, they couldn't get that same maneuverability themselves so bought and absorbed my team. But look what happened you bit off more than you could chew you stupid fish... consider yourselves speared.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

*reads story

nope...still lost

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

I have a rival right now...its name is the HD+ AI...tough bugger, some would call it 'elite'. Yet I try,try, try. One of these days, I will conquer him (or her)

I havnt had too much of a problem with elite phantom races so far but i havnt tried them all.but i dont like them cos they are so unrealistic and cheat.
    weapons seem to not have the same effect and basically when i race elite AI i just imagine im doing a time trial and fly threw them..

i got 6 reverses left to do.i didnt even know you had to play reverse till my trophey never poped up and i read requiremnts.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Lol... I am going for elite campaign Legend. So far, Sembenco Rapier and Phantom are just EVIL. Ill get to 2nd place and then Ill get mined,bombed,missled and plasmaed inside of 2 seconds...rather frustrating.

I was talking about arcade elite trophey..That elite Hd campaign Yuk Yuk all those slow races on elite..dont know if i could stomach that..