Thread: Is it possible to move game data?

Default Is it possible to move game data?

I tried searching the forum, so I apologize if this has been asked here before and answered.

My brother purchased Wipeout HD on his PS3 a long time ago and I've been playing it on his PS3 username. I'm all the way to the Meltdown campaign and I would like to move all of the game data to my own PS3 username, and hopefully my own PS3 later when I get my own.

I tried doing this, but upon loading the game on my own PS3 name... I get an error during the loading screen just before the main menu. It asks me to delete the game data and make a new one or continue, but if I press continue it simply gives me the same error.

Is there a way that I can transfer all of my game data which includes medals, campaign progress, unlocked maps / vehicles, (pretty much everything) to a different PS3 username or perhaps even a different PS3?

Thanks,
    -Neil

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

As far as I know you can't transfer saved data to another PSN name, since trophies and etc are tied to a specific account. It is possible to transfer between PS3's if you have the same user name though. Unfortunately it looks like you will have to redo most of the campain.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    As far as I know you can't transfer saved data to another PSN name, since trophies and etc are tied to a specific account. It is possible to transfer between PS3's if you have the same user name though. Unfortunately it looks like you will have to redo most of the campain.
    Why is this unfortunate?

I can confirm this though. You can copy your data to another PS3, but your PSN ID needs to be the same.

@below
    Yeah, now that you put it that way, I guess that could be frustrating. Although the Elite AI can be challenging even at Venom speed. Luckily, it won't take nearly as long as the first time. At least in my experience.
    Last edited by afatsuoM; 25th September 2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Typo + reaction

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Redoing all the early stuff on venom and flash is a slow and frustrating thing to do if you have done it once.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i can confirm it, u have to do everything again. but wipEout HD is 1 of the top 5 games on PS3, so it isn't as bad as it sounds. once u cleared the game on elite, u will be very fast in clearing it again.