Thread: Network Error

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Default Network Error

Got the dreaded network error lastnight - "An error occurred while updating the game. Please try again". Not sure what to do. That old solution of logging out the PSN and starting WipeOut is not possible with update 3.0. Any help would be appreciated.

PSN - NX-01 StarClass

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Hmmm...thats odd. whats more, is I started up WipEout this afternoon only to get prompted for the 2.0 download. I hit accept and the game started normally. I was thinking to myself, "Dont I have 2.00 already?"...Weird. Id say just give it a little while and try again. Could be busy servers, primetime for your personal connection, etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I got that message too - kinda weird. As I type this my PS3 just started itself up - even weirder.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

This sure is weird. I have two PSN ID's (twill812) & (NX-01). The twill812 has this problem back in Jun 09, so I just race with my NX-01 Id. Now this Id is @#%&! What's up with this? I'm having racing pains and can't get my online fix. Did send an email to playstation.com and got the standard "get back to you in 48 hours" Now I guess I'll have to pop in a BD and have a cold one.
    Last edited by Lance; 8th September 2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Bring Ice, that is a long 48hrs

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I received the 2.00 update message earlier today too, I dismissed it as nothing special. Later than that I had a hopefully unrelated incident in which I suddenly disconnected and was unable to reconnect to only the WipEout HD servers, I was still signed into the PSN and could play other games online.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about really, I would think everything will be back to normal tomorrow.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    Bring Ice, that is a long 48hrs
    Way ahead of ya. Got a 12 pack in the frig and got pizza on the way. Now to finally open my Braveheart & Gladiator BD's. Saved $10 for both at BB on Friday.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I hope this is a WO server hiccup, now I'm scared to log into WO and play online.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I thought it was just another symptom of my PS3 dying - as I got the prompts a few times now, even before today. And I also keep getting the epilepsy warning (the one from the FIRST time you log in) and the "turn pilot assist on?" bit.

The game data, otherwise is - well who knows. Badges keep getting cleared on my end - and I just gave up on campaign mode a while back.

I am able to play online, albeit with default skins - but it's something enough for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    robanddee

So update 3.0 is out??? I just got the update 2.0 message as well, might be time to back up game data again - just in case, I just got my Elite Campaign Legend Trophy & have only 3 tracks left in Arcade Perfect - I would really hate to lose it all now because of a shonky update...

Timezone
    GMT -5

The trophies are actually on PSN - not your PS3 alone - so those will likely be fine. The badges you get (in the game itself) during online play, ect - those are tied to the PS3 - and those are what I lost (though I don't care much about them).

I believe Wipeout is still 2.XX - but the PS3 firmware is at 3.XX now. Which is causing the headaches - I don't know.

That aside, backing up your data never is too shabby of an idea - just in case.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yo dawg I heard you liked update 2.00 so I put an update notice in your already updated game so you can read about the fantastic update while you are already updated.

Doesn't work that well this one...

Sign me on the list (if there is one) of those who got the prompt after the autosave warning (Didn't get the "are you a n00b?" message though)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    robanddee

I imagine the Arcade Perfect progress is saved within the game though, wouldn't want to lose that! (13 out of 16 tracks complete) I know the trophies are stored on PSN but I dont want to lose all my little Elite Gold Medals either...took me awhile to get them all.
    Last edited by robanddee; 8th September 2009 at 05:55 AM.