Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD in 3D in 2010!!

PSN ID
    MiguelX69

Good thing sony is making their OS more forgiving on the ram... They have something like 90MB ocuppied by the OS, and they want something like 30MB. So it will give more space for those hard 2x60fps computations

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

I stopped by a local Sony Style store and they were running a demo for their 3D TV's which included some WO Fury HD and some misc video clips etc.

I must say it was beyond words IMO, just and awesome enthralling experience especially for us wipeout fans.

Their 3D technology is much like that seen in recent 3D movies shown at the movies. Picture produces a 3D effect of "Depth" vs. "Pop-Out".

Interestingly enough, it was more detailed than just craft appearing separated from the track and creating a depth illusion, but the craft itself has its own levels of depth. I noticed that specifically with the Fury Qirex in which you could see a difference in depth from the ships cockpit and body.

Clip also included Mirage, Icaras, Harimau...some BR's and weapon usage...
    Fortunately it was only a video clip and not a playable demo, since otherwise I probably would sit there all day play 3D WOHD, lol...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Great, can't wait to buy a new HDTV! (and sell the one I own).
    I also heard that Super Stardust HD was mindblowing, I wonder if Wipeout HD
    looks any better, as in more realistic.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

ZONE in 3-D. Can't wait!

PSN ID
    MiguelX69

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    ZONE in 3-D. Can't wait!
    Me neither.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Now imagine that with a 3D beamer

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

There are rumours about new ps3 firmware with 3d video output support in June. Cant wait to try it out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by NightArh View Post
    There are rumours about new ps3 firmware with 3d video output support in June. Cant wait to try it out
    do you have a 3D ready TV screen ?

They're still not available in France and it's getting really frustrating since I don't have a HD TV, and games are more and more difficult to look without it (still beautyfull but not has much, and tiny texts are almost impossible to ready u_u)

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

No new 3d Bravia TVs are still not aviable here... But one of them will be my next TV I want buy. But I know nothing about their health influence yet... I am feeling my eyes tired after 3d movie experience in the cinema

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I think in Europe we will have in August the 3DTV, around 1.790€.
    But recently i bought a FullHD TV so i will not buy any new TV in 10 years maybe.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Didn't they say that TVs with at least 120Hz will support 3D with 60 frames for each eye (at least for gaming)?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Yes, but the 120Hz must be in input and in output.
    Nowadays they are only in output, (the tv processor "create" the missing images interpolating the real ones) but the input is still 50/60 Hz.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Some Plasma TV are already 3D Readyn but almost all LCD and LED TV aren't.

Apparently, The SAMSUNG UE46C8700 (LED - 117cm/46" - 200Hz - 3D Ready) will be available in April (in France) and will be sold around €2000 (already listed at €2008 shipping fees excluded on some sites).

The same model without 3D Ready, SAMSUNG UE46B8000 (still 200Hz) is listed at €1990.

Not bad !
    I'm more encline to buy Samsung TV, but I will wait to see the differences between SONY and Samsung model.

EDIT : 3D TV is great, but what is the 3D-glasses prices ?
    I read that Panasonic has already launched their 3D Ready TV in US with a Bundle (50" TV + pair of 3D glasses + 3D Ready BRD Player) at $2900, and it seems to be out of stock.
    Last edited by Sch@dows; 23rd March 2010 at 10:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

The Samsung UN46C7000WF is available now in the US for $2340, and the 55" model for $3000.

The glasses are $150 for battery operated ones and $200 for rechargeable adult-sized. I don't know what the battery life is like, but the rechargeable ones are not as bulky and more comfortable to wear anyway. This Samsung model just went on display yesterday at Best Buy, so I will plan a visit tomorrow.

I'm still unsure because that model is edge-lit and will exhibit uniformity problems with very dark images. Even the more expensive local-dimming led-backlit models will not look as good was what's in front of me right now (a Sony XEL-1). Though I would like something larger than 11".

PSN ID
    love9sick

What are the chances we are going to get another expansion in the future? I would really love that. The 3D thing sounds nice but There isn't a single TV that supports 120Hz+ in my house hold yet.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

With sony liverpool having been disbanded, I don't think we will see another expansion soon (and maybe neither another wipeout on ps3)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sony shows Wipeout HD/FURY as one of the games in it's current ad for 3D TV , and since Wipeout has already been demonstrated at previous E3's/CES shows in 3D,[ pretty much the only game Sony has shown 3D wise as far as I know] it could be assumed that some form of 3D version of Wipeout is already in the can.
    How far advanced it was/is, pre and post the SL redundancies is what really matters.
    How Sony intend to implement 3D game playback via the system 3D software update will be the determining factor.
    I'm not expecting that much of a take up regardless of how good it is after reading many posts around the web.
    It seems most are of the opinion that this 1st generation of consumer home 3D will be a flop,mainly due to the need to wear glasses,and secondly that if watching a sporting event in 3D, the viewer would most likely find themselves in the situation where they would be having to cycle through wearing/removing the glasses as the game stops and none 3D ad's come on screen,and also when one views something other than the screen in the room.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Sony shows Wipeout HD/FURY as one of the games in it's current ad for 3D TV , and since Wipeout has already been demonstrated at previous E3's/CES shows in 3D,[ pretty much the only game Sony has shown 3D wise as far as I know] it could be assumed that some form of 3D version of Wipeout is already in the can.
    Well, Sony has also shown GT5 Prologue (and GT5 demos), MotorStorm 2, and Killzone 2 (at least those are the ones I saw videos and screenshots from.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It seems most are of the opinion that this 1st generation of consumer home 3D will be a flop,mainly due to the need to wear glasses,and secondly that if watching a sporting event in 3D, the viewer would most likely find themselves in the situation where they would be having to cycle through wearing/removing the glasses as the game stops and none 3D ad's come on screen,and also when one views something other than the screen in the room.
    I don't think there will be a need to remove glasses just for that, because as i've seen on the Samsung UE46C7700, it can emulate 3D from a 2D source (even if it is less impressive than 3d sources).
    But the test point out one important drawback, the decreased luminosity due to the glasses.

Also, the 3D technology without glasses is far from being ready (and probably will never be). User must be right in front of the screen (at the center) and at a pre-defined distance otherwise, right-left images will overlap. Even if the technology, one day, use motion tracking to adapt to where the user is, it will still prevent 2 user to look at the TV at the same time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

The decrease of luminosity is not really an issue as you can compensate for it.

I'd say, don't buy 3d TVs right now, wait for the games to be released first,
    by then, prices will go down and most of the quirks and irks will have been fixed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Of course I won't buy it until it is useful (probably in june when the new firmware will be available).

from the tests I've read, luminosity IS a problem. Even if you try to compensate for it, by tuning the settings of the TV, you can't achieve the same luminosity with glasses put on. You have to look a the TV in a dark environment to really compensate for it.

Some tests have also pointed out that some glasses aren't perfectly synchrinized with the screen leaving an afterimage.