6 9.68%

14 22.58%

38 61.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i buy wipeout HD? pro/con/rating please

PSN ID
    NCR_GhosT, NCRghosT

Default Should i buy wipeout HD? pro/con/rating please

i was looking into buying another game for my ps3 since all i have is resistance fall of man so far so i was looking for another and i want to know your opinions of wipeout HD compared to pulse and what you rate it on a scale of 1-10

Timezone
    GMT -5

Get it. It's a great game.
    I don't play it as much as some of the people here but it's the one game that I do keep coming back to... and the game that made me get a PS3 over a 360.
    I got it day 1 and still play it now (off and on) a year later.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Pros: Very fun if you enjoy the WO experience, challenging, competitive, great community, cheaper then most other games
    Cons: Challenging, sometimes to the point of extreme frustration

Its a great game, and the single best purchase for my PS3 to date since it is the only game I still play.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Easily 10/10 or more ... I've sold most of my other games because Wipeout HD makes them all seem lame in comparison.

Pros - Amazingly competetive, exciting, challenging,wonderful community, looks dreamy, endless playability (unless you get world number one for everything, and can retire), lots of mode variety, ridiculously cheap for what you get.

Cons - erm ...I've lost my summer

Timezone
    GMT -5

Going to Wipeoutzone and asking if we like Wipeout is about as unbiased as going to a Ford forum and asking if they like Mustangs.

That said: Original Wipeout HD 10/10 -- Current Wipeout HD 8.5/10

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Should you get WipEout HD? Yes, you should.

That could be all, though I have to mention there are a few things that bother me with it, but these will probably not bother you unless you are a perfectionist like I am. WipEout is the pinnacle of anti-gravity racing and as such I feel it should really be at the top of it's form, and unfortunately it isn't because of issues mentioned some time ago that still have not been fixed. But like I said, these would probably not bother you as much as they bother me.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Ahhh I smile when Ridium (how did I get that from drium? I have NO idea, but unless it bothers you im totally gonna keep goin with that. awesome name) talks about Wipeout being at the top of its form. Makes me think of a future release, disc-based, and spit-shined in all the places we've gotten picky. Ahh, dreamz.

But look at all those perfect 10s! You buncha fanboys!

My verdict? It's got custom soundtracks, SUPER competitive online gameplay, and really engaging racing. If you get good in this game, it shows. And the AI in HD plays without shin-guards, if ya catch my meaning. Leaderboards, and of course if you have a nice television and/or dolby 5.1, this game is the ultimate showoff of High res.

Ya like racing games? Can't go wrong.

Yes of course, get it. In my opinion it should be more accurately called Wipeout Pulse HD, so if you loved that game you will love this too. The graphics are shiny and there are stacks of game modes to enjoy. Online is busy and the leaderboards are brutal - you can`t go wrong for that kind of money anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    diddymal

If you don't mind the occasional fit of rage this is the game for you. Definitely one of the best racers you can buy, certainly the best for it's price.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It's worth getting, although I always feel a bit short changed by it, since I only play two tracks - Moa Therma and Metropia, because those are the ones that aren't saturated by barrel rolls.

The rest are either a corkscrew party or have colours so vomit inducingly lurid that I can't muster up the motivation to play them.

So yeah, that's my summary and I've given it a generous 7/10, but if you're a fan of barrel rolls then it's easily a 9 or more - especially if you can forgive the crimes against subtlety that the strobing tracks are.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    asdfffdsa

Wipeout HD is high on my list of favorite games (across all platforms, past and present). For the price, I would say it's a no-brainer.

If you're a Wipeout fan, then there really is no excuse not to have Wipeout HD. Yes, it's challenging, but this is Wipeout ... what do you expect? The result of such an extreme degree of challenge is much more interesting competition (as opposed to some mundane rubbish like Call of Duty).

If money is an issue, I will gladly gameshare Wipeout HD and the expansion with you.
    Last edited by asdfffdsa; 2nd September 2009 at 12:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    diddymal

Are you serious man, I love all the pretty colours, it's a shame you can't slow down to appreciate them haha

i can't believe you're debating it.

get it!

i gave it a 7 as it's not perfect or gives me the feeling of sheer joy that, say wipeout 2097, 3 or pure do...but if you like pulse you'll get on with HD, it's a bargain, even if you add on the price of the Fury update. The PS3 doesn't really have a huge ammount of what i'd call Amazing titles. HD is one of them though...and if you have a ps3, you should have this game!!!!

PSN ID
    NCR_GhosT, NCRghosT

Cons - erm ...I've lost my summer
    lol =)

well i thank all of you that have provided your opinions on the game this helped me clarify my mind a bit lol even if i dont get it for this game it will be one i will get. if anyone else posts anymore of their reviews ill continue reading them. thanks again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

Getting wipeout HD is a must! It is the single best racer on the ps3 and if you dont get so worked up over the "good old no barrelroll days", as some on this forum do , the frustration level is not that high.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I was going to give it 9, but i was thinking of Pulse at the same time, so i gave it 8, since i took a point off from the reason why of not enough Pulse tracks in the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

well, due to price and quality of this game, all magazines and websites agree to say it's a must have on PS3.
    if you own a PS3 and don't have WOHD, then you miss everything.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

WipEout HD Fury is one of the best games on PS3.

Technically, the game is bleeding edge and rivals other great games
    on Playstation 3 within this regard.

A clear 10, for sure!

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

well i have got it today and the time i have played it so far i reckon its worth the money

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ay just buy the game NCR,

Its pretty cheap, not like you a maxing a decision of putting a deposit down on a house or something,

Download it and try it for yourself.