Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wipeout pulse download

Default wipeout pulse download

Is there a downloadable wipeout pulse? If there is, can you use your gamesaves from your psp game?

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

It's on the UK PSN Store. Not sure about others. I believe you can use your old saves on it. I have a PSN Store version of Pure that loads up other saves, so this one should too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I'd like to know more about this as well.

I assume that DLC purchased via SCEE's PSN network will work with SCEE's PSN version of Pulse, correct?

Another question-- how large is downloadable version of Pulse and its DLC? Will my 1 GB memory stick be enough to hold all of it?

(As I mentioned in the Pure board thread, I am eagerly awaiting the release of PSN cards in the retail space in Europe-- so I can pick up some Europe-only digital content that isn't available via PSN in the U.S.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I think WipEout Pulse take 210 Mo on a memory stick, and 250 Mo with all DLC. Gamesaves and DLC are compatible for Europe, I don't know if a gamesave done with american UMD will be compatible with an european download, but it's possible, Asayyeah told me that european DLC works with an american UMD

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

The size of downloadable version is 210Mb

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Correct me if I'm wrong: the packs being compatible with the US version of the game, that's the one you should get since it has the broken records' fix.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Yep, DLC packs and game saves work in both Euro and US versions of Pulse.

Loading up a Euro save with broken records on US Pulse doesn't seem to fix them, unfortunately, but should prevent it happening again while playing on the US version.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Thanks for the information everybody

Quote Originally Posted by guillaume View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong: the packs being compatible with the US version of the game, that's the one you should get since it has the broken records' fix.
    Seems right to me-- I have the NTSC version of Pulse and it works fine with my PAL save data.

Only problem is that Pulse isn't available for download on the U.S. PSN

Any chance that the PAL downloadable version has fixed the bugs present in the PAL UMD?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I dont think so. It is just a copy of original UMD game with the same serial number. (I am saying this looking at other games became Platinum) But I am not sure

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Lixander

I got Pulse and its DLC on the online store, and it runs fine. I however did not have a UMD prior to this.

So from EU at least it should be avaliable!

Oh, and I love the downloaded games from the store, samll loading times!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

FYI--Pulse is now available to download on the US PSN store. No word yet on if the download includes the DLC packs or not. File size is 181MB

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Wait... wat?

When did this happen? What about the DLC?

*fires up his PS3*

EDIT--

Pulse is definitely available for purchase ($23) but no sign of the DLC I looked under the "add-on" menu and there's nothing there for Pulse.

Booooooo.
    Last edited by Frances_Penfold; 10th September 2009 at 11:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    AppleJack052570

I think they put it out in the last PS Store update (usually every Thursday in the US).

I already have the UMD of Pulse but I'd get the downloadable one if I could somehow get the DLC packs with it, which I doubt we'll ever see in the US.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Given that it's been... like years since the DLC was released in PAL land and that it never made it to North America, it seems safe to say that the DLC probably won't make it to the North American PSN store

In just a few weeks time you can buy a PSN card from PAL land though and use it to download Pulse + the DLC...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Yeah, but the problem with holding the game, plus DLC on your PSP is that you have to connect the PSP to a PC everytime you want to switch the user information. If you activate a Euro account on the PSP, you can only play DLC from the Euro account and vice-versa. Having a US account would mean you wouldn't be able to play the Euro content.

It works for sure, but is not a convenient way to play. `

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Yeah, this is true

Since I mostly play Wipeout on my two PSPs I will probably be converting both to a PAL land account-- which will allow me to buy PAL Pure (already have the UMD version) and obtain the DLC for Pulse (I have the UMD but no DLC).

IIRC Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 have both been submitted to the game rating board in PAL land. So with luck, essentially every Wipeout game (minus Fusion and WOHD) will be play-able on a PAL account PSP within a years time or so. For a primarily handheld gamer like myself, that's all pretty awesome

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Apparently, I can use my EU gamesave in a US Pulse UMD! Kepping all my stats is great news and I don't need to unlock everything again. And I know that the US Pulse has the "broken records bug"-fix. Does anyone know if there are any other differencies between the EU Pulse and the US Pulse making the US Pulse worth getting? It's probably pretty cheap on eBay.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 25th December 2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Get US version, cos, Single Race records are not broken and Euro Version does and that`s how I got both of them but I bought euro first till I realised there is alot of broken records and SL told us, US version had been fixed and I bought that as well.

stevie

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Aside from the Single Race fix, the only difference I could notice was a different title screen. Runs the same during gameplay (so the two versions are interchangable for setting records), same respawn points, and the DLC is compatible with either version.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

But the records that are already broken on my savefile can't be fixed with the US Pulse, right? I must play through the entire game again.