Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo PSP/ Gran Turismo 5

Yes Lance the 3000 is also 480x272. I never tried one though. I thought the build quality of the old phat 1000 was better than the 2000. A PSP 1000 can be used as a blunt offensive weapon if you are cornered in an alleyway whereas a PSP2000 would be useless in such a situation.

I think all PSPs will play GT at 333mhz because developers can use the full power these days. I could be wrong on that however.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Mine is a Japanese 1994
    Wow, an early one. Did you get Kurt Curbain to sign the back?

Quote Originally Posted by archman View Post
    Ever heard of kai or ps3 adhoc party?

For kai: Every hit that comes out, and appears to not have an infrastructure mode, will be opened in the kai arena for sure, in a matter of hours or days after the release.
    Yeah, I figured he was planning to use Kai or adhoc party-- mostly I am curious to know if there will be a significant number of folks playing via these mechanisms such that online matches can be found

Set up of adhoc party is supposedly simple so perhaps it will widely used. And curses to SCEA/SCEE for taking so long to release the damn application outside of Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    Wow, an early one. Did you get Kurt Curbain to sign the back?
    I think I bought it in 95, so I couldn`t have got Kurt to sign it even if I did bump into him, which was unlikely in Swindon. But it`s the very earliest model. It came with O for select and X for cancel in the firmware (I think it was that way) and I had it like that for years until eventually I put euro firmware on it. I was too scared to flash it with anything but Japanese firmware for a long time.

At the time I remember being worried that it would break easily or the nub fall off but really they are very robust, unless you are Asayyeah who managed to kill a few PSP 1000s, iirc

Anyway it is good to know that GT is finally arriving for all those who bought a PSP 1000 to play it. You can`t accuse those developers of rushing untested product out of the door anyway.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

I've actually played a bespoke version of Gran Turismo, I know a well known sportscar driver and he says that its almost essential for Le Mans with the cut backs on testing, the realism is alot more impressive on this version.

Polyphony actually do supply these versions of the game to drivers and teams.

I hope they're not using the physics model from GT3-A Spec. My brief experience with it indicated a very unrealistic and insensitive control of the cars, which seemed to have constant heavy understeer, no matter which car I picked. My time on the damaged disk was too limited to fully explore the game, but that was the overwhelming impression I was left with. It was completely unlike the very realistic 'feel' of the original GT handling model.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I'll buy Gran Turismo PSP, this game seems to be cool, and multiplayer too.
    I heard Ad Hoc party should become available on the US PSStore, it will be best for me (and most part of you), I don't understand Japanese !
    Then, maybe I'll take too GT5 on PS3, I like the online mode on GT5 prologue, so GT5 can't be worse.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I've pre-ordered my copy already, seems I get some sort of Enzo Ferrari unlock too. The Special Edition was the same price as the normal one, so I thought why the hell not?

On the Aussie automotive front, I'd be happy with just Bathurst. There were a few in GT4, so there's hope yet. Racing games never show the Aussie cars any love, it's usually the Pontiac GTO/Vauxhall Monaro (Which is really an HSV! /rant)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Yeah i made a pre-order at EB too. The sales people there speak ****, i know, cause i use to be one, but i think getting to code for the Ferrari is legit, which is great.

Bathurst is one track, that must, and i emphasize must be included in the next coming Gran Turismo's. Driving up on the mountain truly tests your driving skills around those fast camber corners.

I dont think there is any new Australian cars include there Harvey. Just the AU Falcon V8 Supercar from Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec and the BA Falcon F6 and GT, as well as the Holden old 5.7liter V8 SS Commodore and Monaro. I would really crave to see the new FPV FG Falcon F6 in there. That car would own so many European and American cars.

Lets hope this game does come out on the 1st of October.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I've never heard any mention of Bathurst being on GT, but its inclusion would be awesome - it's a far better race track than some of the others on there.

Agreed about Bathurst. I`ve only played it in Toca World Touring Cars but it was the most thrilling and scariest track in that game. The way it messed with the weight of the car was brilliant.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

The V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000 is just over a month from now. Always is a great race to watch on tellie on that Sunday in October. Love watching the race when the track is all wet. I remember a few years back a roo got owned by a commodore on the mountain, the front of the car was completely owned. That was probably one of the best instant replays ive ever seen;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszWn...eature=related

BOOM!

Imagine Bathurst 1000 as one of the Endurance races in Gran Turismo, 161 laps of hell. I would love that. I need to suggest this on Gran Turismo Forum.

But Gran Turismo PSP looks like one of the best PSP titles to purchase since Wipeout Pulse back in November 2007.

Poor Skippy. A bit like Road Rash 3 with cars. Was that actually shown on air? I`m pretty sure it would be censored in the UK - we can see drivers having their heads smashed in from all angles but showing any injury to an animal is beyond the pale.

On the subject of driving games (I think I will need one for my PS3) is anyone thinking of getting Dirt 2? No split screen but the demo was fun and some of the races could be great stuff online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Agreed about Bathurst. I`ve only played it in Toca World Touring Cars but it was the most thrilling and scariest track in that game. The way it messed with the weight of the car was brilliant.
    I could say the same words I loved this track on Toca WTC (and Road America), the cars could fly over the track, this game was very fun, with a great internal view.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Yeap Lunar, it was on llive air, and even better it was replayed over in slow motion too.

A minute later Ch10 was apologizing non stop for showing that footage. I can imagine alot of little kiddys watching the 1000 and saying, "is the roo ok dad?", lol XD.

Ive started a thread about including the Bathurst track on the GT Forums, most of the responses it pretty positive in seeing this track included in GT5.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Wow, those kangaroos really are the North American / European version of deer.

Convergent evolution FTW... or FTL in this case

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

3weeks ago, i missed a Roo that jump out in front of my Subi, on this dirty road i was absolutely hammering it down with a few mates. Would of been nasty if i hit it. I need a roo bar on my car i reckon.

Perhaps someday, kangaroos will race in GranTurismo.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Im not sure with Americans. But we dont actually ride roos here in Aus like a horse. Just got to watch out for them on the country roads, and in some places they are pests, so they are culled, and packaged for the Chinese and Japanese to eat.

Anyway, i just received a PM from SCE. Saying the released date for Gran Turismo PSP is official. 1st of October for here, cant wait, this game is going to be the best PSP game that has been released since Pulse.

BTW who here at wz is apart of the GTPlanet forums ???

I think I might have found my PS3 racer, and this might keep a few going until GT arrives. Supercar Challenge, just out yesterday, has a slightly naff name but could be the mutt`s nuts for a sim style racer. The game before, Ferrari Challenge, was a good sim racer but only had Ferraris and this improves on it, apparently. You can also get the demo here I think. Going to download and try it out today. Hoping for some realistic driving action, no "Grid" style cheez, barrel rolls only when I screw up on corners, and lots and lots of flying Roos.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    3weeks ago, i missed a Roo that jump out in front of my Subi, on this dirty road i was absolutely hammering it down with a few mates. Would of been nasty if i hit it. I need a roo bar on my car i reckon.
    Roo bars ftw! My dad hit a roo just out of Jurien Bay with his Navara, roo came off second best. And I remember the roo incident from Bathurst a few years ago, Jim Richards was the unlucky bugger if I remember correctly. Have you seen the footage of (Craig Lowndes?) having somebody's tire fly through the front windshield, just missing him?

Back on topic, Oct. 1st isn't that far off, HOORAY! Not long to wait at all!