Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SL leaderboard post boost-select-boost

Problemsolver, yes, I do think that; several people have stated why they think one approach or the other, to exploit or not exploit, is or is not fair or justifiable. If they are not trying to change each other's opinions, then there is no point in arguing this to each other. The only issue remaining would be that obvious flaws should be fixed, a point on which there is probably full agreement, and which therefore is up to SL, whom are therefore the people who should be approached and convinced to fix the exploits soon.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Wow, I'm totally stunned by this 'discussion' - but it was an interesting read. And I second that, someone has to talk to SL. Who's able to do that?

btw, I think I mentioned it somewhere else here - somewhat fuzzy - before but SL and/or SCEE's communication/marketing/community/relation department sucks big time on WOHD. EOD!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Jesus ****,

Everyone needs to chillout and have a ciggie, or a durry (ask ace), or a fang, or a ****, or a pissup or something,

Need to just calm down for a sec.

Foxx might be right here, BRs have made a ****ing mess of Wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    [i]Disclaimer: The following statement does
    It seems like that younger ppl tend to like BSB somehow to prove something
    for themself and against others. Whereas older ppl don't like it because it's
    obviously cheating (you name it). Let me tell you, if you get older then you
    wanna have a real good and fair competition among your friends. But younger
    people tend to take whatever is needed to win and they care less for their
    opponents (friends?). In essence, they don't really care that much whether they will destroy any competition using a cheat or not.
    I am 19, and this is only my second Wipeout game (WO64 was my first) so I would consider myself young. That said I have been an amateur gamer in leagues such as TWL, TGL and the now defunct CAL (Amateur branch of the CPL) for a good 6 years now. Facing another team (with anywhere from 1-15 other teammates) in a semi-serious match with no prize other then bragging rights has shown me how serious even small glitchs can be to affecting the overall fairness of a match. Even in public random matches, when I see someone use a glitch I feel cheated and it detracts from my overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    The vast majority of people who buy the game never get near top times with BSB existing or not. I`m not sure that the activities of a handful of players who want to use BSB to beat each other, because they have to use it to remain competitive and trim off a few tenths, is really going to be a commercial concern and therefore I won`t be surprise if nothing ever happens anyway.
    I fully admit that I can not pull off BSB with any sort of consistency, hell even a good clean lap is still tough for me on certain tracks. Regardless though, I should not have to learn BSB to stay competitive if BSB is not an intended gameplay mechanic. This isn't me just being to lazy to take advantage of a proper game mechanic and then bitching when I can't get 1st on the record board. Even with BSB I will never make the top 10 for speed lap unless I somehow get better (which is unlikely), but it deters me from even trying knowing I will have to glitch just to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    @Lance: Do you really think one tries do change each other's opinions
    here? I think we're all a little bit upset coz fixing all the issues would take
    nothing when compared to the effort SL had spent on other things within
    WipEout HD. Hell, I would be fine with one track less if they fix all the
    issues in return.
    QFT, the real issue that we can all agree on. SL needs to wipe the boards and find an appropriate fix to BSB.
    Last edited by RedScar; 2nd September 2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

SL just need to comment on the situation really. I was all for removing bsb. Now i wish they'd just kept it how it was.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

^ This, Either put BSB back, or reset the Single Lap records.

I'd be more for the latter.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That one sentence pretty much sums it up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Default wake up guys

Ok this discussion is starting to piss me off. I don't see why SL would have to reset the speed lap times. First things first, I'm not using BSB, but since day one, I FULLY RESPECT and SUPPORT this TECHNIQUE. As it has been stated, you can manually use this technique with patience, dedication & work, by nosing down then up before the starting line. As some of the best pilots explained. And seriously, how can people conclude BSB times are unbeatable? Let me laugh. The only thing you need to beat BSB is TIME. Lots of it. I think a lot of people here don't realize the amount of dedication some pilot put in this game. I'm talking about 6000/7000 laps per track. 500/600 hours of gaming. Kind of "professional" status, compared to the casual gamers. I'm fed up to read "horrendous BR" or "Fkin BSB". If you don't want to compete, then go to the eliminator mode and enjoy your set of rockets. Or play Monster Hunter, or your Xbox. But if you want to compete, then fight with the best. And respect their ACHIEVEMENT.
    Seriously, nobody noticed what pirahpac said or what? Anulpha pass forward, Akfurtif : 20.08 WITHOUT BSB. (and remember Wellington reached 20.24 A WHILE AGO). This simple fact proves every time is beatable. I'm fighting when I have time myself. Means never. I fully accept the challenge against BSB, because it's a simple 0.15 gap at the start. Tell me you're unable to bridge that gap during your entire lap, and I'll tell you you're LAZZY. As I said above, you guys are shooting on the best pilots in the world, who dedicated a huge part of their life to the game. I see not point in arguing if you just consider wipeout hd as a simple game. But if you really want to compete, just accept the fact wipeout HD is probably the MOST DIFFICULT OPUS in the entire serie, and get back to work. I'll continue to follow the best ghosts available at wipeoutghost.com, and one day inchallah I'll beat even the BSB ones, cos my lines will be perfect one day, with PATIENCE, DEDICATION & WORK. And I'll bridge this tiny 0.15 gap at the start. Let me introduce some buddhist thinking, as Flashback_Jack did one day; " How to become successfull? 10 000 HOURS" or "Knowledge is not skill. Knowledge plus 10000 times is skill." http://nanyate.com/culture/how-to-be...ul-10000-hours
    Just a last thing regarding the speed lap rankings. Actually I agree on the fact that there's 2 or 3 glitched world records. Moa reverse, sol2... But they are OBVIOUS, we all know them. And of course I would like to see them erased.

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    Dont be discouraged trying to better yours BsB times though, since the update i've bettered quite a few without this method and come real close to some with the new ships
    ... Fully agree with you mate, I've myself lowered some of my times with a lot of work & with the fantastic Icaras MkII. I'm just lacking of time, that's all.
    Last edited by kanar; 4th September 2009 at 11:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Nothing more to add, mate

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

• kanar is back, i send you a green square by mind
    • But I think you waste lot of time writing long (and good) posts like this, how do you want beat BSB (cheating*) records ?

• *french persiflage

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Phow!

Kanar is pissed XD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

, I'm not pissed. That was only my 2 cents, as this thread is talking about my favourite mode. I'm more pissed off by the fact I've no time to play as I would like to. Not enough time to enjoy some trance music & hunt some superfast ghosts. And reach that state of trance when I'm improving, even by a tenth, one of my times.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    And reach that state of trance when I'm improving, even by a tenth, one of my times.
    Yes that's exactly what it's all about, but for this very short moment, you have to train for days. Not everydoby understood that. But this fugitive feeling costs gold !!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I can tell you folk go out to Trance clubs on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Yes that's exactly what it's all about, but for this very short moment, you have to train for days. Not everydoby understood that. But this fugitive feeling costs gold !!
    On that we can all agree, sirs

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

, reach that state of trance when I'm improving, even by a tenth, one of my times.
    Thats what i play for, not for #1 place in ranking. It's pure essence of speed laping... Kanar you got the point!
    Disscusion is over, thank god...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    I can tell you folk go out to Trance clubs on the weekend
    ah ah kigo I'm too old for that, and my wife is listening to everything EXCEPT trance music . Phaeton I need some of your ghosts too lol, you fantastic speed lapper (what a moa run!). Lunar, Leungbok, kaori, and of course you crazy aussie dude, hope to race you soon my friends.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I don't see why SL would have to reset the speed lap times.
    You don't?
    How about for the very same reason that was stated before: every single one of the times currently at the top but a sample few is attained using an exploit that is still permitted by the game's design but is obviously not allowed by Sony Liverpool, the designers of said game. Any hack, cheat, glitch or exploit in any other game is enough to have the competition resetted: stat padders in other games get their characters reset and frequently their asses banned, for example. That you or these other guys "fully support the technique" makes no difference. I praise the skill required to perform it. The technique is still an exploit and I have no respect for that in any kind of game. SL also obviously does not "fully support it", but I am sure appreciate the skill of these pilots just like I do. The best reward for these pilots would be to still be on top after a wipe of the board and the removal of the exploit.
    WipEout HD should be no difference vs those other games where action is taken. These skillful pilots still used an exploit to achieve their time, that's enough to have these times taken down. And since there's absolutely no way to tell who used BSB and who didn't, an absolute and unbiased wipe is necessary. They are free to try again using conventional racing techniques without exploits. And they will because like you say, they have that much time to play the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

^ What he said.

SL acknowledged that the BSB was a glitch/loop hole to achieve faster times and have removed the ability (on most tracks anyway) for it. This means that the existing times on the SL records with BSB gone will basically never ever be beaten again for the rest of us, which is stupid and unfair.

I have nothing against BSB by the way. It's mad fun to pull it off, but this is regarding the existing records.

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    ^ What he said.

SL acknowledged that the BSB was a glitch/loop hole to achieve faster times and have removed the ability (on most tracks anyway) for it. This means that the existing times on the SL records with BSB gone will basically never ever be beaten again for the rest of us, which is stupid and unfair.

I have nothing against BSB by the way. It's mad fun to pull it off, but this is regarding the existing records.
    And I fully agree, the actual records can't be broken.