Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SL leaderboard post boost-select-boost

PSN ID
    pirhapac

i havent probleme with a clean leaderboards sl without bsb..cuz im sure the ranking sl will be exactly same order

Thanks for the link, OBH. It`s a very Wipeout 2097 flying through the scenery shortcut, that one. I would imagine that SL dislike that one because you actually go through what is supposedly solid matter, and that is unrealistic and doesn`t pass QA these days.

I agree that discussion of resets is fairly academic if the leaderboards don`t really update in the first place. Ever since Pure with its elimination bug in multiplayer race times there seem to have been nasty bugs in the game records and the way they are recorded locally and online.

PSN ID
    shapealot

havnt we bin through this before in my thread?

i agree with pirhapac the top pilots will still be on top im just not looking forward to workin my way up from the bottom again

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

I would imagine that SL dislike that one because you actually go through what is supposedly solid matter, and that is unrealistic and doesn`t pass QA these days.
    They should remove the boost-br on AP Rev aswell then as you can go straight through the wall there .

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Quote Originally Posted by RobCoxy View Post
    They should remove the boost-br on AP Rev aswell then as you can go straight through the wall there .
    Only just though mate. Have to be careful not to hit the wall and besides thats not the best place to use the boost for speed lapping/ tt, but i see your point you can go through the wall so that needs fixing too.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I guess that's what you get when you used this boost reset feature in order to get faster times. It's kind of a lesson: "you shouldn't have used it."
    Some people haven't learned though and are still using it...
    IMO they should wipe the leaderboards clean of all the modes that have had glitches in them: Zone, Speed Lap and Single Race.
    Surely SR times are based solely on the luck of the weapons draw?

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Just to clarify on the Zone scores

Its Syncopia and Mallavol that don't update at all.

I did a PB on Pro yesterday and it updated in minutes.

at the moment I'm only playing pro and C12 of the pure4 as seriously whats the point when the leaderboards don't bother. I tried Connavar's site and updated a load of records and then when I checked they hadn't changed either and just reverted to my default score.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPhazon View Post
    Surely SR times are based solely on the luck of the weapons draw?
    Go look at the single race leaderboards and come back again. Look at every single track. Phantom of course.
    If anything, it's much worse than the speed lap leaderboards.

OBH: I am not aggressive, I am not damning all the people who used the BSB when it was available. I am just saying, they shouldn't have used it because it's just common sense. It's obvious that you are exploiting the boost reset to get a faster time when you do it. Does it take skill, I'd say yes, but it's not a legit technique. Again, like I've already said multiple times on this issue: I'm not attacking the people who used it (The French Fourbe are still highly skilled players that I enjoy talking/racing with), I am only talking about the technique.
    But there is a huge difference between boosting and flying in the air (Without going through walls, as that is also glitching) and doing a barrel roll, and exploiting the boost reset feature. One is a valid racing technique, the other is an exploit. So that's a huge difference. If you can't see that, and if anyone else can't, I guess that's why they are still using the boost reset exploit.

Some people believe that everything the game programming allows is legitimate. And they are correct. For themselves.

Others believe that exploiting programming mistakes and oversights is a distortion of the game's intended nature. And they are correct. For themselves.

And for me, too, I think. But that is only my own personal preference.

PSN ID
    osama-bin-haydn

Quote Originally Posted by pirahpac View Post
    i havent probleme with a clean leaderboards sl without bsb..cuz im sure the ranking sl will be exactly same order
    I dont doubt the order would be the same

But take yourself for example - a keen SL enthusaist! Im guessing your not ranked no.1 on every single SL board, if theres a track you desperately want to improve upon, but you know yourself that its 100% impossible now the bsb feature has been removed, does that not annoy you....? I mean, you will never, EVER be no.1 on that track

I think ina nutshell, i was hoping for a surge of new records when fury was released. That little bit extra speed allowing peope to push the times down that little bit more.

If certain times cannot be improved upon, i dont know, it feels really.. hollow....