Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD on Blu-ray?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

@DD777: Since PS3 titles are insane overpriced in Holland, I buy all my titles from US, Canada or UK. Never had any problems with that (only that shipping takes 1 or 2 weeks). Is saves me € 20 per title.

Can't really understand your complaints.
    Last edited by Mietepiet; 15th September 2009 at 07:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Is WOHD released on BRD or DVD, by the way? Just curious

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    They've been losing bagfuls of money on their game division during the last couple of years. It's the only major division they have that lost money.
    Yes but that's because of the development costs associated with creation of the PS3 platform-- NOT because of software sales, which have actually been pretty reasonable given the installed base of the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Dude, WipEout Pulse tanked because there was no frigging advertising but this trailer that I happened to stumble upon a few years ago. Had I not seen that Pulse even existed, I myself wouldn't even have got it and stayed on PurE.
    That's why it's ****ing stupid. If they market the BR release right, it will sell, just like PurE happened to be a success.
    Of course I am just speculating but I highly doubt that a BRD version of WOHD would sell well in the U.S. or Canada.

Pulse *was* well advertised with prominent web-based advertising (IGN, Gamespot and elsewhere) as well as several long-winded entries to the official SCEA Playstation blog. It was showed off at gaming conferences, a demo UMD was sent around to the media, there were hands-on articles in the gaming press, and a downloadable demo was introduced very early after the release of the game. Yet Pulse tanked in the U.S. and never even did that well in PAL territories either.

There are a million reasons why Wipeout games have a small fan base in North America. Personally I think that sales of Wipeout Pure were inflated by that fact that it launched day and date with the PSP platform-- and the fact that a proper Wipeout game hadn't come to North America since PS1 days (sorry Fusion). Pulse obviously did not have that advantage.

But the larger issue is lack of interest in futuristic racing games in North America. F-zero GX is a brilliant game that completely flopped in North America as did several lesser known futuristic racing franchises released over the past 5-10 years. I just think that, at the end of the day, most U.S. and Canadian gamers prefer shooting games to arcad-ey racing games, sadly

Oh, my parents do have credit cards all right. Good luck getting them to spend anywhere but on the PSN Store (By chance, Steam and the EA store were all right, but eBay or anything and having the physical goods shipped... D: ) and more than once in a while...
    At some point I will be ordering some stuff from the UK-- PSN cards and such. If you'd like help with importing just let me know

never noticed that Edgewinter (one of the pulse dlc tracks) is featured in that trailer. Makes me suspicous they held back tracks to purposely sell as dlc afterwards. Or it just wasn't finished fully. interesting.

on topic. the game isn't region locked, so it's not a huge problem if your such a die hard fan that you want this disc copy. unlike pulse ps2, which was also not released in America, but was region locked to PAL systems.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Mietepiet View Post
    @DD777: Since PS3 titles are insane overpriced in Holland, I buy all my titles from US, Canada or UK. Never had any problems with that (only that shipping takes 1 or 2 weeks). Is saves me € 20 per title.

Can't really understand your complaints.
    Good ****ing job for you!
    Now you see, I, personally I, can't order anything online at all like that, and my parents will never ever put their credit card details in PayPal, eBay, or whatever.

Now apparently saying I can't order stuff online is complaining, well I guess I'm doing some ****ing huge lot of complaining then.

I ****ing hate people twisting my words.

As for the help proposed, thanks, but that doesn't solve the main problem: I can't put in the credit card details on PayPal. So yeah, doesn't work.
    But let's quit making this about me right?

PSN ID
    finngers

o_o chill mate

I read some of you post this was EU only, is that true (like actual confirmation)? I couldn't see a link or anything beyond the eurogamer one on the 3rd(?) page and don't want to go through like 9 pages again lol
    Last edited by finngers; 15th September 2009 at 08:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Darkdrium777 - I think you're right to be a bit miffed, perhaps even outraged. But do you know who's fault this travesty of justice really is? I do, that's easy.... LINK

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

@DD777: sorry man, didn't want to offend you. Just wanted to point that it's pretty safe ordering overseas (@ trustfull companies off course)

And the complaing was about the BRD not releasing in NA.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Darkdrium now has Flashback Jack's balls now XD.

You know what DD. **** it. Youve got Wipeout HD + Fury DLC. No real need to get the Disc version, unless it has some addition content over the PSN store version, which i doubt it does. I doubt it'll be seen on Aussie shores either.

The ****ing BluRay version should of came out last September, that is when i would of bought it, but now, **** it. Im happy with i sitting in my PS3 HDD, along with my other stuff.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well the one thing you can do with the BRD is bring it to a buddies place to play WO. Its always frustrating that if we want to play it two player I have to bring my entire system.

Its just annoying that Sony doesn't even consider the NA fanbase even if it is small. This is why they lose customers. The next game I was planning on buying was Drake 2, but now I don't even wanna spend money on my PS3 and rather get another PC game. CoD:MW2 comes out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    Yes but that's because of the development costs associated with creation of the PS3 platform-- NOT because of software sales, which have actually been pretty reasonable given the installed base of the PS3
    If I recall correctly, the PS3 development was complete before 2 years ago, and as always, software sales are what is supposed to pay for the cost of the hardware being underpriced relative to its development and production costs; so the lack of software sales iS why they're losing money. Xbox has not had this problem, even though they originally had trouble getting market penetration in Japan, Sony's home territory, a problem which Microsoft had solved by last year. Sony should be going for sales of all their games in North America, IMO, niche or not.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Right, so it's all because of Pulse huh? Tell me: have you seen WipEout HD at any E3, in a trailer? In fact, have you seen WipEout HD gameplay at Sony's conference for more than 10 seconds these past two years?

Come back to me and tell me they're doing an effort.

WipEout HD is ridiculously good quality for it's very affordable price (though it can always be better), and yet not a word from Sony since E3 2007... What did we get? Mention that there was the expansion, plus it's trailer. 3D WipEout HD, we know it's possible. Oh and the State Farm ads.

Which btw, if WipEout HD is so niche in North America, why would they even consider putting in advertisements in it? To piss the few people who love the game on this side of the ocean off?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    Well the one thing you can do with the BRD is bring it to a buddies place to play WO. Its always frustrating that if we want to play it two player I have to bring my entire system.
    i don't havé this problem. When i go to a friend and need to play wohd, i just install my psn account (without "remember my pwd" nor "connect automatically") and i dl wohd + the license key (+fury). Sony permits that up to 5 PS3 (when trying to dl from a 6th system a message asks you to disactivate at least 1 activated system preventing you from dling). I don't know if the game still run offline when the psn account which bought the game has been disactivated, but know i have wohd installed at my friends places and that's great.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

"It is prohibited by the EULA of the PSN to share password and login information to your account.
    Doing so can get you banned from the PSN."

This is what DD777 stated in another thread about "game sharing" which is what you described. To the best of my knowledge this is true, although I haven't read the entire EULA in detail.
    Last edited by RedScar; 16th September 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes, but there's a difference between giving out your login information to someone else, and physically going there and entering it yourself (thus keeping your information secret if you delete the password after you've finished accessing your account.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Excatly. If even i trust the people, i don't want to be disconnected just because one of them would have connected with my account.
    I don't save the password when creating & connecting to my account at their house.

The only problem is that I'm limited up to 5 systems, and that I need to wait for the game to dl the first time.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

€20 isn't a bad price at all, importing it would be just a bit more than the cost of buying HD and Fury from the PlayStation Store in the 'States ($29.9.

I don't know if its worth it right now though, seeing as I already have the game. >_>

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    €20 isn't a bad price at all
    20£ or 25€ which is already (here in europe) less than HD + Fury (28€).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Hi guy with no credit card.
    Do you guys have debit cards in Canada? A Visa or Master debit card can be used just like a credit card to buy things online, and anyone can have one because you spend your own money, not the banks.

I'm sure your parents wouldn't have too much of a problem since it's your own money, either.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Come on already.
    Yes, I have a debit card; no, it isn't Visa or Master card, and isn't supported by online stores.

I can't order stuff online, how many times do I have to say it? Are people going to bother to read? Or do I have to keep saying the same thing over and over again to the point of annoyance for both parties? I've already been told not to do that, but apparently it seems some people need repetition.

Please, for the last time: I can't order stuff online, or re-reimburse people who do so for me. I, personally, myself, with my own means, can't.

Ok?

Now, this thread is about WipEout HD on blu-Ray, for which I'm angry at SCEA for not even trying to bother to release it in North America, and for completely botching any publicity they could have done for WipEout HD. Yes, I would get it on disc if I could, because like I said: WipEout HD is listed a subscription service on the PS3, and I fear it could be terminated at any moment, so I would wish to be able to play the disc version whenever the download version stops working (If ever, but I prefer to not have to worry.) Unfortunately, once again I can't because SCEA are retards and don't know how to spot good games and deals. And WipEout HD + Fury on blu-Ray is an awesome deal.