Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD on Blu-ray?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I didn't know Flashback was having such troubles...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well this sort of decision has almost become the norm with,I suppose Sony USA not picking it up,I gather that's where the decision was made.

It not as a super humanly stupid decision a Microsoft's most recent one.

They have decided to drop the 720p minimum screen resolution for new disc games.
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20836/...n-Requirement/

Brilliant!
    Just as more people are replacing their old screens with HD ones.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I didn't know Flashback was having such troubles...

INFAXSU told me Mike (Flashback Jack). Has nothing in his nut sack.

Could be true, i dont see that guy racing much these days.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Lol at Xbox. I sense a Wip3ou7 video is incoming

Anyway I'm a little saddened about this BR release, I wish I could buy it. There's always the fact that WipEout HD is a subscription service on the PS3 (Check it out, press the triangle button and information.) haunting me a little.

@BlackWiggle - I really dont see this as stupid - If the resolution hinders the gaming experience, then why not drop it?

This has got nothing to do with TV's btw. This is to do with the smoothness of frame rates and special effects.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Because you're not making the game look any better if you make it more pixelized. It's non-defendable, it's a stupid move. And then what: oh, you aren't forced to make next gen looking games if it's too hard to get it running, just emulate PS1 era graphics.

Microsoft, driving the industry forward.™

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Wow, surprised to see this releasing on Blu-Ray so early in the PS3's lifespan

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    i really hope there are more future DLC's for this game, surely there is at least one more DLC needing to come out on this game before another fresh title comes out. I sent Crob a msg earlier on a different note about something, maybe i should ask if there are any future DLCs in development, just a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer. But seeing this game go onto Blu-Ray is good, isnt it, it means this game has been a excellent success on the Playstation Store, and good money is still being made on it.
    If anything, releasing the disc in physical format is a bad sign about the release of DLC in my opinion. If there was more DLC in queue, why not wait to ship the entire package on BRD?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I only hate Sony marketing for it. It's ****ing stupid to be honest, if the game is released in Europe, it's ****ing translated in all the possible languages of the world, just ship the disks elsewhere because the PS3 is region free and BAM, everyone worldwide can buy them. But noo, it's ****ing stupid like that and they don't do it for no reason at all. What, ESRB will get in the way? The game is already rated, E 10+. Translation is a non issue, the game is in English for the sound part, and the menus are obviously already done since Sept 25 2008. PAL to NTSC doesn't exist, the game is made without this consideration. So what the **** is preventing the release of WipEout HD on blu-Ray over here and anywhere else? Assholes, that's what.
    A physical copy won't be released by SCEA because they know it won't sell enough copies in the U.S. and Canada to justify the trouble. Futuristic racers are pretty much a niche genre in North America

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Yeah that's the problem, the game is super popular in France and in the UK,
    and is probably selling 5 times as many copies in Europe than in NA...

DD, you should be angry at SL, but especially at your continent for not having
    a good taste in gaming

It must signify the end of the DLC for WipeoutHD, which is a shame. However, hopefully a brand new Wipeout will come out for PS3 with a whole new set of DLC. Fingers crossed

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Its not official until, Crob, Egg, Colin or Paul says so.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Great news ... for those who can't stand not having a BRD box in their collection.
    The only reason which prevented me until now to buy more game on PSN was the price which were exactly the same as the box version.

I won't purchase the BRD version of WOHD unless a collector version with sketches, work in progress arts, or ships models are included.
    But the price is very attractive for those who don't have the game yet (more that the PSN which is still ~28€ for the game and it's extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Mu5 View Post
    It must signify the end of the DLC for WipeoutHD, which is a shame. However, hopefully a brand new Wipeout will come out for PS3 with a whole new set of DLC. Fingers crossed
    Why a BRD release who means the end of DLC ? They are lots of BRD game which DLC.
    On the contrary, the BRD release will increase the number of players and potential customers for next DLCs.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

They should just make the Zone ship available in every mode (SL/TT, races),
    BD exclusive, and then everyone here will buy it

Yeah I would love to see the Zone ship as playable - that would be great, as I loved this feature in Pure

@Shadows: I assume the release on BRD signals the end of DLC due to the amount of time it took them to develop both HD and the Fury add on. I cant see them releasing another BRD again with further DLC contained in it down the line - I doubt it would be economically viable and would make the first BRD release redundant - but hopefully I am wrong This is just speculation of course.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Heres the million dollar question though...Will our Saves from the DLC's be compatible with the BD release?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by Mu5 View Post
    @Shadows: I assume the release on BRD signals the end of DLC due to the amount of time it took them to develop both HD and the Fury add on. I cant see them releasing another BRD again with further DLC contained in it down the line - I doubt it would be economically viable and would make the first BRD release redundant - but hopefully I am wrong This is just speculation of course.
    When you look at the release date for Burnout Paradise or Valkyria Chronicles, and the time which separate them from their last DLC ... I think we don't have to worry about that (another DLC is schedule next year for VC). And I don't understand the reason why they should release another BRD just because another DLC has been released in the meantime!
    Burnout Paradise or MotorStorm did it, but the first release was just the game, and a lot of DLC were released after that. All the other game (that I know), didn't released another BRD just because some DLC were out.

That exactly the way DLC must be, additional content without having to buy the game again (like annual sports game where almost nothing change except for which player is in which team).

The only thing which could decide SL not to develop DLC anymore (since there is a lot of content available from Pure and Pulse) would be the sales failure of WipEout HD and/or Fury, which could mean there isn't enough potential customers for a new DLC to be "economically viable".
    In that regard, the BRD release is probably a way to increase this potential market.

PS : I don't think a DLC with only 4 new tracks would take the same amount of time as Fury took with its new game mode.

this is great news. i plan on getting a ps3 slim soon, and to actually own HD in a box will be pretty ace and look good in my collection.

it's a good move too, as having the game on a shelf next to big titles will attract more buyers.

it's also good timing as the ps3 slim is selling by the truckload in europe due to the new console and price point.

it really sucks that it's not getting a release in America, but honestly not suprising...sadly. As others have said, Wipeout sells better in Europe. And the series has a bit of history with no release....or a long wait for a relase of Wipeout games there.

From the DLC point of view, personally i hope they are moving on to a full blown new wipeout. If not then i think there is definitely space in HD for new tracks. The game (imo) has a lack of variety in the design of the tracks. To much Urban Neon...now i know a lot of people like this, but the entire series has had pretty good variety up until this point.

if another pack is coming, i would like, at the very least, one track in the vein of Valparaiso, p-mar project, blue ridge, terramax or Altima VII.

pretty pretty please.

anyway, the blu-ray news is great.

also: i'd love a shot of the box art, as the art for wipeout games is normally top notch.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Wouldnt it be awesome if it was released with a Wipeout themed PS3 as a package for the release.... Like what theyre doing for FFXIII in Japan. =PPP

If theres a collectors edition for this id be one to pre-order, god knows SL doesnt get half the funds it deserves from those incredible games... i heard Wip3out only garnered 1/2 its expected sales despite 87%+ universal reviews.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

87% isn't so good imo (games under 90% shouldn't be are considered as "ultimate).
    That's also why i don't like the % rating. 10 point rating are more than enough to dstinguish between bad good and must-have titles).

There is already a wipEout (dynamic) theme on the (EUR) PSN since Thursday, but it iss said to be in bad quality (aliasing and such). I haven't tested it myself (just learn of it a few hours ago).

Smile

Im just hoping/speculating that the release of this BLD is the close of this chapter of Wipeout.... in order for a whole new one to be released

Yeah there is a wealth of other content from Pure and Pulse that could be used, but I assume from reading Colins comments that the best of this has already been hand picked, and redeveloped in both HD and Fury. I kind of hope we dont see any further reworks from the PSP - I feel like 'seen it - done it' in that respect.

I would love to see a whole new game on the PS3 - WipEout / FX500 series
    Last edited by Mu5; 15th September 2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: :)

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Hm... New wipeout game? I hope this will happen some day