Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD on Blu-ray?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    Ugly picture indeed, but what really boggles my mind is why they decided to include the SCART converter in the picture! Seems like they where opening a box and had no idea what's what and just said to themselves 'well, this looks important, lets arange it for a picture...'

Even more funny considering that the PS3 is being advertised as a console capable of HD gaming - which makes the included SCART obsolete... oooh the irony!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I think a lot of people will miss out on the irony and see only the 'free' stuff, e.g. free extra controller, free scart lead, free baubles, free plastic star. I wonder if they'd have to give you the baubles if you were to ask for them?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Ugly picture indeed, but what really boggles my mind is why they decided to include the SCART converter in the picture! ...
    The picture looks crappy indeed, but it's really done on purpose, it fits their style.
    In Germany you buy your food and stuff over at ALDI if you wanna save some
    money compared to other shops. I guess that 7 out of 10 going there won't have
    a proper HD TV to display 1080p or won't even have an HDTV at all.
    And including the SCART adapter make sense, since it's somehow an icon which
    assures one that the advertised product will run on one's TV. If they would use a
    sticker like Full-HD-in-your-face, then they won't likely sell that many consoles.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Good point PS!
    Many people with a HDTV already know that the PS3 supports HD, and
    the others (= many ALDI customers) might have feared it would be too
    high-tech for their TV, so seeing the SCART comforts them, and they
    can safely purchase this!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I really think they put some real effort in making that picture. Crazy, isn't it? xD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I agree, the more i look at it, the more i realize how well made it is,
    the drawing style makes it look "childish" like a toy, you see 2 controllers so it's
    perfect to play in family, shows the baubles so the parents think "we need
    to buy a present for our children", attractive price, works on my old tv (scart),
    there is a free game included they assume can be played with 2 players (true).
    Also by showing the disc next to the console, you see how small it is.
    Genius!

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

The anatomy of an ugly add - effective yet still ugly. Thesis, anyone?

http://advertising.ducttapemarketing...dvertisin.html

Eight offtopic posts in a row; could we have some more talk about WipEout on Blu-Ray?

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Default ontopicness... for its' own sakes!

To the rescue

I bought HD/Fury on Blu Ray this wednesday, and I am loving the game, seriously, I shoulda done this a long time ago (but feared that I really would become a social recluse - I kinda don't mind my own company, and HD/Fury would have ensured that I don't see friends...

However, having said that, I have played HD/Fury in 2 player split screen with 5 buddies now, Last night, I was round Kevs til 4am, rocking it out on his Sony Bravia (with hdmi) and oh, what a beautifully, sexy, sleek, awesomely addictive game HD/Fury is... Kurt, Gareth, Kev and Woodson all have a PS3 and are now hooked on Wipeout (they're all noobs, discovering the joys of full on anti-grav combat racing - how cute ) and I have been told by them that they shall be making their purchases online to get the HD/Fury packs... heh heh... I did my bit for the world of wipeout, for this month... gonna be hard topping this one next month...

... oh, wait - I can get an HDTV with hdmi and that'll be next months contribution (to myself )

Yo, Lance old friend - GET A PS3 (now that you are a lil more wealthier than you were this time last year - join a noob like me at wipeout HD/Fury... btw, I fly Icaras )

They're not selling Blu-Ray WZ here. Yet another reason for my constantly increasing antipathy toward Sony. I think I'd prefer to spend at least twice the cost of a PS3 for a much more powerful laptop than I have [towers and separate monitors take up too much space for my circumstances], to be used for rendering HD 3D images in a reasonable time while still having something to access the internet at all times of the day.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Ah, well, as long as you enjoy designing stuff - I guess its all good.

I just wanna get home and play wohdfury... Only completed 2 campains in HD so far, and I am loving it! Seems a bit easier than Pulse was too!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Did somebody already mention that "Amazon Germany" and "Media Markt" are selling the PS3 for 240 Euros over here? (with one DS3 and without any game of course)?

EDIT: Damn it. Sorry Lance. Sooo … erm … WOHD on BluRay. Still wondering if there's a hard cover in that Aldi-Bundle as well. Actually that's the only reason I would buy the BluRay; because of the "it looks good on the shelf"-factor. But the fact that the cover art looks rather uninspired this time, it's one more factor to not buy the Disk.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    ... Yo, Lance old friend - GET A PS3 (now that you are a lil more wealthier than you were this time last year - join a noob like me at wipeout HD/Fury... btw, I fly Icaras )
    I would really love to see Lance at WipEout -- moderating us out of the field
    one-by-one -- LanceTheModerator. Would be awesome, something you can tell
    your kids about! Lance I sent you a copy of WipEout HD (a Blu-ray version --
    ontopic! xD) to Florida. Of course you need a PS3, but still!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Lance I sent you a copy of WipEout HD (a Blu-ray version --
    ontopic! xD) to Florida. Of course you need a PS3, but still!
    I was just imagining you with a smoking and a cigar saying "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Lance I sent you a copy of WipEout HD (a Blu-ray version --
    ontopic! xD) to Florida.
    Oh, really? How did you get my address?

Or was just sending it to Florida sufficient?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I just write 'A Blu-ray for Lance from WOZ'. That should be enough.

PSN ID
    miufs

I went today to a FNAC store here in Portugal and there it was... Wipeout HD in Blu-Ray for just 24.99€.

No need to say that i got it right away and im delighted.
    Just a little sad that the manual is very poor with zero artwork but i guess we can´t have it all.

The boxart is amazing and it has a beautiful drawing in the inside of the inlay.

Thanks Sony and SL for releasing this one on BD as i love to collect Wipeouts. =)

Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Oh, really? How did you get my address?

Or was just sending it to Florida sufficient?
    Yes, because Florida is a little village on an island where everyone knows each other by first name.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Like Ireland? Key West, maybe...

Occasionally the local GameStop will carry an interesting import title, like when Shenmue II was cancelled for the Dreamcast and bumped to the Xbox in North America. They were kind enough to sell at least one PAL version. Very cool of them. It doesn't look like they have WHD (or PS2 Pulse for that matter, but that would have been a hundred times more unlikely).

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I saw it here in Norway now, priced at 599 NOK (~71€) when you can get it for 225 NOK as a download (~27€). That price difference does not make much sense to me, its not far from 3 times the price.