Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

EDIT:Change of heart

Seeing as i suck in the majority of the ships i go for Harimau or AG SYS.

probably leaning toward Harimau right now.

(Slightly off topic) I Notice a lack of Harimau apreciation group. this shall be sorted
    And now has been sorted with the founding of the Harimau group

EDIT (again) Also forgot about my dislike for Icarus, that little pink and red 'thing' is everywhere. really annoying how that little ship (read another word begining with s ) can smash you off track.
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 3rd September 2010 at 07:04 PM.

i like all teams apart from mirage who i dont like cos the ship is way to fat and hard to pass on the track.mirage is the HGV of wipeout.should have its own lane on the track

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Let's try and expand our vocabularies a bit here. Mirage isn't fat. It is kind of bulbous, but if anything I'm sure that's just some kind of glandular issue.

its certainly an odd one. cause those flappy things are thin, but also quite on the big boned side as they say. on the plus side the cabin or cockpit reminds me of Guy Manuel de Homem Hhristo's (mouthfull) space man helmet
    the fury ones not as *looks up thesaurus for fat* whalelike? haha
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 3rd September 2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: getting that blokes name right ;)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

My favorites: (I'm always indecisive about the ships other than EG-X)

1. EG-X - Oh my god I absolutely love this thing! It's like Assegai to the extreme! Everything about it is perfect! I just don't like the zone battle skin a lot though.

2. Assegai - The one closest to EG-X, 'nuff said.

3. Auricom - Not many people like it, but it makes me feel good inside when I pull off a win in one online.

4. Mirage - I just love it for it's looks, especially it's third HD skin with the silver.

5. Harimau - Whenever I win a race, I feel like I've saved the planet, and the tiger population.

6. Goteki - In thrust I trust. The other reason I like it is that it is from Hawaii. But if Hawaii is a U.S. State, wouldn't that make it part of Auricom?

7. AG-Systems - It has the perfect combo of stats, but since almost everyone uses it, I don't like it.

8. Triakis - The Fury variation is a real threat on the track, but the HD one is really lacking.

9. Feisar - It's stats are terrible, but the only reason it's this high on the list is because the Fury version looks cool.

10. Pirahna - It has great speed and shield, but you need to keep straight to get a good lead. I want to love this ship, but I can't because I'm strangely attracted to the side of the track.

11. Quirex - My brother likes it, so that means I automatically hate it.

12. Icaras - It's pink. I mean no offense to anyone who likes the color, but it doesn't seem as much as a threat as if it were red or something. Plus it has low shield, and as stated before, I like to eat the walls. I'm kinda jealous of the people who always win with the craft.
    Last edited by IndoorSnowStorm; 4th September 2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: I have bad grammar. =P

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Chet_BG

When I first started the game I tried all ships in speed lap and I liked the handling of the heavy ones more. Goteki 45, Auricom and Qirex were my favorites.
    1. Goteki felt best and I also liked the look and the color scheme. So I started playing Goteki and not long after that I fell in love with it. I love the thrust. Getting a head start, going for the weapon pads and spamming mines and bombs FTW! But it's way too slow... Difficult to keep the lead, difficult to catch up if you're behind. Especially with all the players using Icaras. So I had to try another team.
    2. Harimau. I use it at the moment. I'm still just testing it. At first I didn't like the handling. It was too much compared with Goteki. Once I got used to it it's awesome. Good speed and good handling. Probably the best craft in the game, because it's so well balanced. I don't like the color scheme, though. Not that I don't like orange, but the shade they chose sucks. I use the chrome skin. Other than that the design is good. But I miss the thrust. And the awesome feeling of the heavier Goteki. And every time I see a Goteki on the track I'm like "Oooww! That's MY ship!"
    So maybe I'll switch back to Goteki soon.
    3. Icaras. No, I don't like it. It's overpowered IMO. I often play with a friend of mine and one time we were playing Vineta K. I was using Goteki. I got the lead and went for the weapon pads to spam bombs and mines, but I got a Turbo and I had to save for the end. So he got a missile, hit me and took the lead. After that I got 2 perfect laps and I watched him in front of me hitting every other wall, but I couldn't catch up. I don't know if Goteki's too slow or Icaras too fast, but I don't like it. I like only the third HD skin. The pink with white. Looks like a dart xD

P.S. Respect to all the great players using Goteki 45 at the high level. SaturnReturn, Hellfire, leungbok, Darkdrium77 and woopzilla I think. Thank you for making that awesome team look even more awesome
    Last edited by Chet_BG; 4th September 2010 at 10:16 AM.

I personally don't really get the Furymau. It's too floppy and light for my liking, I prefer ships with a little bit more heaviness to them. Assegai is the main ship I'll use if I need something lightweight mostly because everyone else uses something different.

My preferred ship is the Qirex partially out of loyalty to it - it was the ship I started with and I loved the 2nd and 3rd paint jobs. I flirted with Mirage and Auricom until I learnt about the fluff behind the Cold War (Auri/Qirex) and decided to stick with the devil I knew. Plus, I kinda like the twitchy handling. Gets me out of difficulties quicker. That said, Auricom's not a bad ship on the open tracks. Closed off though it becomes a nightmare.

Personally, I want to see Van-Uber make a come back. Even if it's only an excuse to have the black-hole cannon back.

Going with yeldar's posting idea...

Marry: Qirex - The childhood sweetheart who went through a long period of being the bad girl and getting Tigron tattoos, now willing to settle down and be a good bad girl. Hopefully with latex and whips once a month. ;3

F**k: Assegai - There when you need her, and bloody quick as well, able to deal with almost anything you throw at her. And unique as well.

Kill: Icaras - so predictable nowadays, and not that good in my books. The pompous strutting-about Chelsea girl isn't my thing. Reminds me too much of Destiny from Mongrels (obscure TV show reference)

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Oi, what's all this badmouthing about my baby? She's not fat, just big-boned Anyway, I'll join in with the game:

Marry: Mirage. Ahh, the love of my life in WipEout - 56,000 laps with her and still going strong. She does it for me every time on the track and fits my driving style perfectly - no other ship comes close.

Kill: EG-X. I avoid it like the plague. Horrible handling, horrible design, horrible everything. I steer with it and actually think "is it turning?" Piranha's better at turning it feels like sometimes!

F***: I'd have a nice time with Harimau. If there was any ship that could even come close to tempting me away from my Mirage, it would be this. A very good ship in every respect.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Mongrels was hilarious. 10 points for Challenger. But I'm on a big Icaras kick at the moment and loving it. So -10 points for Challenger for insulting it by comparing it to Destiny. Back to a nice neutral zero for you. (Although maybe a half point for imagination, because comparing an anti-gravity racing craft to an afghan hound puppet sure takes some ).

XD Glad I'm not alone in the world. Shame I didn't really get any points. I might have found out what I could do with them.

How about also Kali = Triakis? Bunch of arrogant psychopathic lunatics who can't fly for toffee.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Well I wouldn't go that far. But Triakis is pretty hefty, and does sometimes feel like it's barely getting off the ground.

Points have a monetary value of 0.0001p, and expire as soon as you receive them.

Anyway, we should probably continue with the topic now, or I'll get in trouble.

Somewhat on topic - I always meant to ask Rob this but I know he's really busy.

Were the initial four teams based on real life F1 teams?

Auricom are the purists, the ones who want race taken back to its' roots and kept for the sheer thrill of the race. They are Williams F1.

Qirex are the super-successful team that's driven by money to win at all costs, uncluding team orders and cheating. They are Scuderia Ferrari.

AG-Systems are not frontrunners of the sport, given that they have a bit of lack of direction and are too keen to try out more technical advancements than stick with a winning formula. They are the old Lotus F1 and more recently McLaren.

Feisar are a knee-jerk reaction to another team being set up that have good pilots but seem to never get quite the results they get - usually a beginner's choice. They are Sauber.

Thoughts?

I al ways think of AG Systems as the Ferrari of WipEout. my only justification is that they have the same sort of history. IE being in it sinse the begining. and also the lack of direction, IE Ferrari in the 1970's (ish) to about 1994-5

its this thats why i like AG SYS.
    and there red, like ferrari, although in old games AG SYS was blue? (however Ferrari ran a blue coloured car too at some stage. in like 1949 or something for Fangio )

as for this "including team orders and cheating" Shhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 13th September 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Mirage ain't fat, it's just compact! Auricom is fat, Triakis is fat! This said, i always liked Auricom's fatness anyway.

Now here's my three choices!

Marry:
    Feisar is always the most reliable one for me. When i feel i'm losing consistency with other ships, i go back to Feisar and that's always the best decision i make. Its simply a magic charm, i can't explain the awesomeness of this ship, but what the hell, it works perfectly for me. I also think that the Fury version is the most beautiful design of all. Sleek and perfectly balanced lines.

Kill: Piranha. Holy Mary Mother of God this ship is awful to me. And what the ***ing hell is this Fury design?!? It looks like the layered nose is going to be ripped apart at high speeds. At least the HD version and this cool missile-shaped design. I can fly heavy-weight ships like Auricom, Goteki 45 and Icaras. But Piranha? All my attempts were doomed to failure. Does this ship actually turns or you have to get out and turn it yourself? It doesn't handle like a brick but like a lead ingot!

F***: I would actually have Fury Mirage for an extremely long-term booty call situation. In fact it would be my secret lover. I had a hard time deciding between this and Feisar to marry. Hell, i could do a nice threesome with those two... xD

I think this ship is the most technically pro-efficient of the game, making it the best of all. If you think about it actually, it is. The amount of Top Speed and Thrust is very respectable. The 80 Handling is the perfect balance, not to twitchy to keep control and quick enough to navigate through multiple hazards efficiently. Finally, the improved Shield to 90 is a blessing, giving plenty of BR opportunity while preserving a certain durability against weapons.

If i would divorce from Feisar i would probably go with Fury Mirage!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

You know, I kinda like the marry, f**k, and kill idea, so here's my new list.

Marry:
    I am always faithful to EG-X. It was the first ship I've ever used, and I fell in love. She mostly dominates the track, and like a good wife, she never sticks around with the Icaras pansies. She's the tough girl that doesn't get bullied, and can stand up for herself.

F**ck: I would have to go with Auricom. When you lose interest in your lover, you need something to spice up your life, and for me it's Auricom. She always has my back, and when I have a terrible losing streak with my wife EG-X, she pulls me through with a win. She is also very agile and generous when it comes to speed. (Interpret
    that any way you want, perverts. )

Kill: You would think I would kill Icaras, due to my hate towards them, but I would actually love to kill Harimau. Like a feather, it moves pretty fast, but any opposing craft pushes it aside. Then it tries to cover up its lack of quality by saying they're trying to save the tiger population. Sure, it may bring more fans, but it doesn't help you race any better!

I find it pretty sad that I'm treating fictional hovercrafts like real people. I need to get a life.
    Last edited by IndoorSnowStorm; 14th September 2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Grammar Issues (Again) :D

I chose Icarus because its the fastest and I started doing phantom speed laps with it before i went online(because everyone else was).

It was probably a mistake because i blow up every 3 third race and lose.
    But as a priority i still do more speed laps than online races.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    supersonicfreak

Red face

Well, from what I can remember when I was 6 or 7... I remember I looked at all the ship choices in 2097, & I liked the Feisar's look the most. So I just always used it. ^_^' Kinda shallow of me but I WAS only 7 so.. Now I use it not just because I still love the design & my favorite color is blue, but because it feels so comfortable, so natural & perfect to use. I love you Feisar! <3

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

The M,F,K idea seems like a good way to bring the point across.

Marry:FEISAR HD.Why?I love the 10/10 Handling stat. And I've won some races via taking the inside of turns. I've done this quite a few times on Amphiseum Forward(HD-wise)
    Eff:I'd have AG-Systems and Harimau. HD. Their 9/10 handling makes them quite close to FEISAR.And they are from Asia
    Kill:I'd kill Triakis.It handles like a bloody log! At least the Piranha is good for something,but having a Speed stat of 9 does not really help me in terms of racing.
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 27th November 2010 at 05:48 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

At the beginning, my favorite ship was Assegai. But I always felt a deep affection for Icaras...

After I experimented with many ships, I´ve to think about my actual choice. Perhaps, a better handling would be more important to me. I´ll think about it!
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 2nd January 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

Marry: Assegai always felt like it knew me, dart like handling and good speeds always meant the pilot was the only drawback, nice one to compare your skills in

F**ck: Icaras, so.... fast...., my Speed Lapper and Time Trial ship, Icaras gets the job done, and looking good too!

Kill: Auricom, why does the old Muscle car population have to be in W'O"?, unbalances the game I tell ya!, the ship it self looks like it can't handle those stats!