Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I first started using Piranha for the entire campaign because of how it kicked ass in 2097.

But then I saw how Goteki 45 looked when barrel rolling. At a first glance I thought the rest of the ship was rotating around the cockpit (without the cockpit rotating itself)... that made me switch over. The 2nd colour scheme was the best as well, white with pink/yellow.

After a long time with G45 I started using AG-SYS for a change. I started smashing all my previous records and thought: "No wonder everyone's lost their individuality and only use Icaras/AG-SYS! This ship rocks!" I'm now one with the many, many other boring AG-SYS flyers. I used to take pride in being the only G45 HD ship user in an online race and doing well.

But I don't really mean the stuff about individuality... it's just sort of odd flying in a room with everyone being AG-SYS or Icaras.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 31st March 2010 at 09:39 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Woopzilla, the reason you beat your records was more due to your greater
    experience with the game. I don't think it has anything to do with the ship,
    unless of course, if you were hitting all the walls with the G-45.

I've seen great performances from top players using about any kind of ships,
    maybe not many Triakis, but everything else yes.

Right now I'm using 70ish control ships: Icaras - Goteki - EG-X.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Connavar - Mission Accepted. April is going to be "Fly a Triaki" month for me.

Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Yea, I suppose I have improved a lot... and I only got more serious at improving after switching to a highly regarded ship.

I did hold the Rank 2 for Single Race on Modesto R with a Triakis+ for a while... but since beaten my own record with an Icaras.

Triakis month... sounds good. It reminds me of one game where everyone changed to Feisar. It was funny to see a whole lobby full of them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

IH8YOU + Woopzilla:

I think it would be super fun to have online races with only 1 type of ship,
    like a room full of Icaras, or full of ... Triakis, etc.

I would love an Icaras only room, no more penalty for low shield and low accel,
    and there would be many casualties too!

Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Maybe it's an idea for a one-time fun event. One race all EG-X, next Assegai, etc...

Just tried using Triakis online and have to say I'm so not used to the ship anymore after using AG-SYS. It's a flying brick! (but very fast on easy tracks )

EDIT: I think I like the handling of the HD Triakis more. ^^
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 31st March 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Those rooms are fun - Vinnymonster hosts "same ship" rooms a lot, and they can be a real hoot - because he randomly asks someone to choose the next ship.

I always choose the ships people DONT want to fly.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

oh yeah, LOL XD

Crazy funny pom

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    I always choose the ships people DONT want to fly.
    I saw you online before.You seem to like the Triakis Team.....
    I chose Federal European Industries Science And Research as I feel that is my "affinity" team,and my online name is that because of so.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

I think that after a long time of playing that I am really more of an 'omni racer'. I have a standard goto when I can get into the feel for the ships with stat extremes which is Mirage. But it isn't used quite enough to be considered my main and I am usually running a new ship every time I make a return to the game. Feeling good with Auricom HD at the moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Some ships have a total stat of 33(FEISAR,AG-Systems),32(Mirage)and 31(Piranha,Triakis)
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 8th April 2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Whoops,calculation error.my bad.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

i didnt know that.
    Well, its not going to deter me from my fish

funny how earlier this post i was saying i wouldnt be swayed away from mirage.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Don't forget about the hidden stats!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

what stats are those?? They're so well hidden i forgot them

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

They're in the game's code, but they aren't actually displayed. Things like weight distribution and axial stability.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Sex Appeal makes HD Harimau a sweet ride.

I like lower stats anyhow. Seriously.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Why does that make me think about the "kill one, marry one, f**k
    one" game?

I'd marry Harimau in a heartbeat, she's buff and even after all this time she still does it for me

I'd probably have my with EG-X (excluding her furious and unattractive twin sister), good for a bit of fun from time to time.

I can see Auricom being really cool and muscular with his sunglasses in the corner. He's ruining my game and making me nervous in front of the laydeez, he's gotta go.

Ok what?

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I'd also like to mention ANOTHER similarity I have with the Icaras... I had a dream once about the Icaras having a unigue shape, the perfect shape that gives it the most speed among others... and that this shape was called the "Key" to speed... and had a fascination with the Slogan for a while for the Icaras even before the fan art came out of the picture of a half Icaras, half key on Wipeout Pure... I bit of a qawinkadink, wouldn't ya think?!

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Why does that make me think about the "kill one, marry one, f**k
    one" game?

I'd marry Harimau in a heartbeat, she's buff and even after all this time she still does it for me

I'd probably have my with EG-X (excluding her furious and unattractive twin sister), good for a bit of fun from time to time.

I can see Auricom being really cool and muscular with his sunglasses in the corner. He's ruining my game and making me nervous in front of the laydeez, he's gotta go.

Ok what?

Kill one:
    Mirage. For some reason (in Elite Campaign) it was always mirage screwing me up with a bomb or a bump. Hate seeing it's fat ass.
    (I do, however, like being in it's fat ass when racing single race, I think that means I'm confused)

Marry one:
    Furymau
    Looks mighty fine, real comfortable to be with, and you wouldn't mind your mates having an oggle

F**k one:
    Assegai, small nimble, can get into any position, and a fair amount of mistique behind those blue panels

PSN ID
    Whizawk

Kill One:
    AG-Sissys. I completely hated this ship from the beginning. The the ship gives me a sense of feeling that they're so perfect and nothing can overcome them (because they founded the racing and it's a well balanced ship)

Marry One:
    Auricom as I've raced with them from the previous games; the team I'm most used to and familiar with as well.

F**K One:
    Err...I have no idea probably EG-X - lol. Because of the elegancy.
    Last edited by Whizawk; 3rd September 2010 at 01:25 PM.