Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

PSN ID
    Mister_Mateo

I used to race with Ag-Sys in the beginning, because it's my fastest team. But I switched to Feisar, because it's the most beautiful imho.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    tencinas03

I started out with Auricom during the first wipeEout because i loved the fact that both pilots were female...and the graphics of the ships. Then i started using Assegai when 3 came out because of the handling, design and graphics of the ship. When Pulse came out... I switched to AG Systems, again because of the design and graphics of the ship. And as HD/Fury came out, I continued using AG Systems for campaign completion and online, I soley use Assagai for Eliminator. It just feels right for me!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

I've been feisar loyal from the start...and although they were definetely broken in XL and wip3out ...there was nothing better than racing wipeout 1 with a feisar ....(sophie de larente) soooo smoooothhhh and i have carried the tradition through wipeout HD

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

After being gone and racing a lot of Zone for a while, I came back and really liked racing with Qirex. It's the ship that feels the most like 2097.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I like FEISAR as I have been playing with that team since 2097/XL.
    You might be thinking,Singapore is neighbours with Malaysia.Why not race with Harimau?Well,my loyalty list is as follows
    1)FEISAR
    2)AG-Systems
    3)Harimau

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

I use the Auricom or the AG-Systems in the first game, depending on my mood. I tend to favor the Auricom for its speed, though.

In Wipeout XL, I use the Qirex, as it has the driftiest handling, which makes it fun to pilot.

I don't play Wipeout 64 much, but I tend to use the Auricom in that game for its balance of handling and shields. Its super-weapon is pretty good, too.

I usually go with the Auricom in Wipeout 3, although I do use the AG-Systems and Piranha from time to time. I don't like the heavier, floatier ships nearly as much as I do in the other games.

In Wipeout HD, I usually use the Auricom for its speed and stability, but I occasionally switch to the AG-Systems if I need extra agility.

So, yeah, it looks like I tend to favor the Auricom. It always seems to be well-suited to the handling model in each game, and it has good performance. Also, it's American!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    (sophie de larente)
    Hottest character in the game. It needs to be said.
    Last edited by Dan Locke; 10th July 2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: My reasons for liking the Auricom have changed to make more sense now. :P

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post
    lol on a side note "Mau" by itself means cat in spoken Malay.
    Wot? You *want* it to mean, you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    Apparently "hari" means 'big-ass giant striped danger'
    It means 'day'. You should use this plane only during the day hours, and not at night.

I don't have a PS3 and WipEout HD/Fury, but during this days I have played this awesome game at my cousin's house !
    I use Assegai: fast, good thrust, awesome handling and excellent Fury version...the low shield is not a problem for me.
    And the second choice is the amazing Goteki 45, expecially the Fury version (the best Fury ship fo me).
    Exactly my most used teams in Pulse.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Harimau (Actually I use Harimau+ but whatever)

It drives itself.

N00b ship ftw

PSN ID
    Wotan998

I made campaign with assegai . Then i saw a couple of video on youtube and i decided to use ag-systems

Thanks to him http://www.youtube.com/user/MadPadMa...32/5xhzhPlqw-A

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    0joe0fran0

Default Mirage the silly mantis vehicle

My favourite vehicle is the Mirage. Other than being well balance it has a silly look.

Having two antennas on its head with blue and red beams bouncing up and down there is not other futuristic vehicle in Wipeout looking more silly than that one.

For that reason I just choose that silly mantis vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Locke View Post
    ~snip~In Wipeout XL, Wipeout 3, and Wipeout 64, the speed difference between the fast and slow ships is much, much less noticeable due to the narrower, more crowded tracks. I use the Auricom because it has the most balanced stats.~snip~
    I disagree; in Wipeout 3, the speed differences are very great and very noticeable. Most of the record times are held by Icaras in all classes and on all tracks. There are few instances where the first four ships have any chance at all, and the records indicate that that it is usually only Assegai that sometimes beats Icaras and only on the tightest tracks like Manortop. Some people complain that this is one of the few failings of WO3, but the game is still my co-favourite with WO2.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I still love the under-dog ships even now. Most of the smart people who enjoy winning have moved on to Fury ships. Those who wish to set records, fly the nimble + fast, or the massively accelerating machines. But I still consider a #8 or #10 global time using ANY of the ships below to be an EPIC achievement. No matter what the speed class, multiplayer or time trial or SL.

Besides - these ships are pure sexy IMO. Auricom is my home team and a wonderful twin hull. Qirex is my counties evil arch nemesis, with an equally sexy twin hull. Harimau is just clean design, with hints of grace, harmony - that flies exactly the way it looks. And I can't leave out that Aussie beast. On the extremely rare occasion I DO fly Fury - its in a Triakis! Triaki are just so menacing and intimidating to hear behind you, those howling engines... And anyone who's even touched the HD Triakis knows to even be inside the pack takes superhuman skill - and to be beaten by one is humbling if you're flying anything else.

My favorites right now:

HD Auricom Skin 1
    HD Qirex Skin 2
    HD Harimau Skin 2
    HD Triakis Skin 3

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I disagree; in Wipeout 3, the speed differences are very great and very noticeable. Most of the record times are held by Icaras in all classes and on all tracks. There are few instances where the first four ships have any chance at all, and the records indicate that that it is usually only Assegai that sometimes beats Icaras and only on the tightest tracks like Manortop. Some people complain that this is one of the few failings of WO3, but the game is still my co-favourite with WO2.
    I should clarify: it feels a lot faster. It's much more exciting to speed through Altima VII in an Auricom than it is in the AG-Systems ship; by contrast, the ship speeds feel much more similar in the later games.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Before Wipeout 3 I didn't really care. Wipeout was a whole new thing.
    Then I became a fan of the Auricom ship design.
    I didnt play Wipeout Fusion, Pure and Pulse so there might be some teams I don't know.

Now Im back in the Wipeout universe and Auricom have definitely become my favorite. Speed, inertia and a badass design (who said american? ). I just love Auricom HD skin 2, then Auricom F.

Man my dream car is the Corvette ... there's some kind of link isn't it

FEISAR is too serious on the handling, I want speed! Thrust or top speed!
    And Assegai ... well, I feel nothing when I play it.

Icaras feels much the fastest to me as well as actually being much the fastest. It is not very agile, and that just increases the on the edge feeling.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

Default My team preferences

1. Piranha A. because it's a speed demon, great design, some of the best logos, name fits team's speed and because of my nostalgia for it

2. Eg-r and Xios Inter/Eg-x Tech because to me,they seemed to be the otther good teams of Fusion, excellent stats, and impressive Super Weapons (But I always pick Eg-r over Xios). As for the merged Eg-x in HD, they seemed to be one of the most balanced teams, especially for Sebenco Climb or Sol 2 (for me that is).

3. FEISAR because of its handling in tricky turns like that dreadfull curves at Ubermall. Plus, I am still a rookie when it comes to Phantom Class, so I might put Icaras as #3 instead in the future.

FEISAR cos its small and petite and my fisrt ship i flew

i also like harimu but only cos i played some player from japan who used it and really beat me hard so i used it and found out it was a really good ship

use to like the old ag systems ship but went off the new fury version

its funny how when HD first came out harimau was considerd very underdog because of how stat wise assegai was just better. but i chose harimau for one reason and one reason only, because there dead sexy

(tbh the most underdog when it first came out i think was mirage but yeldar and haydn soon sorted that out quick)

edit: just a quick note that i dont have a ps3 and i can't use harimau online in pulse so i use EG-X thanks to Mrs madsmartalex tips on the game.
    Last edited by Mr Phlanj; 11th January 2010 at 04:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    asdfffdsa

Piranha (vanilla; I don't like the expansion pack version)

1) Poor handling and acceleration makes it very challenging to use in the phantom speed.

2) Always liked the simplistic but unique look of it (but, again, NOT the expansion pack version)