Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

PSN ID
    finngers

I used to use qirex as the second skin (the purple one with a lighter purple then white circle on the front bits)on vanilla hd as it looked top but changed to mirage with fury as I seem to be the only person who thinks the new skin looks cool
    Last edited by finngers; 25th August 2009 at 04:23 PM.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I tend to use AG-Systems, because I liked the Belmondo connection and the handling suited my style of play in WipEout 3+SE, but I also use Icaras and EG-R / EG-X.

Icaras because of the sheer speed in W3 and because I took some care over the back story for Icaras for WipEout Pulse when it came to bringing them back.

EG-R because I thought it was the best looking ship in Fusion and again in Pulse/HD, because the idea to merge EG-R and Xios was mine and I felt some responsibility to actually use the ship! Plus I sat by Egg when he was working on the EG-X ship and pestered him a lot to make it look "more like the Fusion one", so I owe it to him to play with it.

I never use Piranha, Harimau, or Mirage, although I should use Mirage because the team name was my idea, when Colin had originally chosen Mantis. I needed a team to go with the MAGEC back story I'd created and wanted to move the team to fit with that. Colin was too swamped with track design at the time to, quite rightly, shout me down and so Mantis became Mirage and moved from Mexico to the UAE.

At the time I felt that there were too many teams "over that way" (Auricom, Piranha, Mantis) and none in Saudi Arabia region. I feel bad about that one, because the ship had already been designed and the colours already chosen to fit with Mantis, so I probably shouldn't have meddled there. Now I can't use the ship because I feel guilty!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I just liked AG systems. My second choice, which is Assegai just looked like some sort of Space Cruiser, Like a military class Ship.

AG SYS just looks sweet too, handles like a dream.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    I tend to use AG-Systems, because I liked the Belmondo connection and the handling suited my style of play in WipEout 3+SE, but I also use Icaras and EG-R / EG-X.

Icaras because of the sheer speed in W3 and because I took some care over the back story for Icaras for WipEout Pulse when it came to bringing them back.

EG-R because I thought it was the best looking ship in Fusion and again in Pulse/HD, because the idea to merge EG-R and Xios was mine and I felt some responsibility to actually use the ship! Plus I sat by Egg when he was working on the EG-X ship and pestered him a lot to make it look "more like the Fusion one", so I owe it to him to play with it.

I never use Piranha, Harimau, or Mirage, although I should use Mirage because the team name was my idea, when Colin had originally chosen Mantis. I needed a team to go with the MAGEC back story I'd created and wanted to move the team to fit with that. Colin was too swamped with track design at the time to, quite rightly, shout me down and so Mantis became Mirage and moved from Mexico to the UAE.

At the time I felt that there were too many teams "over that way" (Auricom, Piranha, Mantis) and none in Saudi Arabia region. I feel bad about that one, because the ship had already been designed and the colours already chosen to fit with Mantis, so I probably shouldn't have meddled there. Now I can't use the ship because I feel guilty!
    Holy Macaroni were you an employee at Studio Liverpool!!?? My respect for you just multiplied 1000 fold, your place as head administrator has been earned every ounce lol.

On another note you should try Piranha or Harimau sometime, each are the kings of speed an Maneuverability respectively. (Fesiar a shade better at turning tho)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I'm alternating between Feisar, Harimau and Auricom.

Feisar because i've been a long time pilot, since wipE'ouT'' in fact. I did because i believe that perfect control can make you the fastest on the track.

Then i went on Harimau, just to make some change. I like Harimau's design, it felt perfectly balanced, and i must admit i like the improved top speed and the fact that it almost handles like Feisar.

Finally i've been with Auricom because i wanted to try one of the heavy-weight ships, and i find this one being the best, technically. Even more with the Fury version, i got 90 pts of top speed and shields and 70 pts of handling Thrust only improved of .5 pts, but the rest of the specs are perfect for me. I also picked Auricom out of patriotism (its been made by a consortium of US and Canada teams) and because nobody really used it in HD

Mirage, no particular reason apart from well balanced and nice looking.
    To be honest i dont know any history or story beind the game.

Timezone
    GMT -5

PS - on the Auricom bit. I never use the red skin out of respect for one of my friends. It sounds dumb - but I feel he "earned" that color (considering he got so damn good with the Auricom) - so I fly with the default or 3rd skin almost exclusively.

I always fly the HD Auricom - and I don't win much anymore, but it's nice to "keep pace" with all the Fur-roid'd ships using the "old one". Retarded, I know, but I feel greater pressure / increased challenge this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post
    Holy Macaroni were you an employee at Studio Liverpool!!?? My respect for you just multiplied 1000 fold, your place as head administrator has been earned every ounce lol.
    And he created the WZ befOre he ever worked at SL. He was also the admin of the official Fusion site while working at SL, but the WZ is his own, created and financed by him.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    diddymal

I use Assegai or AG-S for the tight tracks with sharp turns, Icarus for the longer easier tracks. If I'm playing a mode like Zone where all ships are equal I choose a totally different team just to mix things up.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Assegai since WO3SE (obviously not including Fusion). I like high handling decent speed and see the weaker shields as a challenge. Plus there a large degree of team loyalty for me since I used it so much playing 3SE...you can bet I wasn't a happy boy when Fusion came along.

Also of course, we are the pretty boy team of the anti grave racing league, and by that I mean the ship lol.

PSN ID
    Lightlord

Its an interesting question using mirage at the mo mainly for the points i would say piranha for the sheer speed but its acceleration is not good enough at the start but the hd skin does look far better than the fury skin, fat and ugly well done studio liverpool you've managed to make a ship once refined as the ultimate craft in previous wipeouts hideous and repulsive. And will people PLEASE STOP slating the triakis its not a bad ship by any stretch and besides its always taken a bloody update for people to beat some of the times i have set, one of which was on Vineta K rev rapier in a triakis in which people got close but could not beat until a patch update lol!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Yes I would say there is a reason I choose the ships I do. Some depend on certain tracks, but online you don't often get to change ship for a particular track cause lo and behold the host starts the race. Let alone if you even remember what the icons for the tracks are. I'm trying to memorize them.

But I just like the feel of Piranha, Feisar, my GOT45, and occasional Quirex. I flew Harimau religiously on Pure, and that did not carry over to HD/HD Fury.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    robanddee

I have always flown Feisar, right from original PS1 version and have stuck with it in WOHD. However I was having problems with the last Tournament in Meltdown (Elite, Phantom, 8 races) - kept getting knocked off the track or eliminated, tried that Tourny more times than I can remember with no luck. So I switched to AG Systems and beat it on my 2nd try by about 12 points! So now I'm rethinking my allegiance to Feisar...might be switching teams!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Thumbs up This Goteki 45 pilot's story

There are two reasons why I chose Goteki 45. It was the first ship I picked because I loved the looks, but I failed miserably at piloting it at phantom speed, so I completed Campaign mode in novice using Harimau instead. But as I was browsing these forums looking for helpful tips and tricks to improve my game and I came across the "Wipeout HD videos" thread and saw videos of DD777 and Hellfire piloting Goteki 45-s flawlessly at phantom speed on even the most difficult tracks.

I was like "NO way that that's the same Goteki 45 I can only use as a pinball at phantom speed, bouncing from wall to wall...", so I decided to switch back to Goteki 45 and get the Elite Campaign Legend and Arcade Perfect trophies using only this ship, and ultimately to beat some speed lap times of these two Goteki Gods.

By now I can finally say that I'm getting close... although by far not consistent enough in online races or even speed lap sessions, I managed to clock the fastest Goteki 45 time on some tracks in phantom speed laps. Oh, and I'll take this opportunity to say thank you to both DarkDrium777 and Hellfire_WZ for motivating me to become a better pilot. You might not have known it, but the videos you made (and hopefully keep making) are what keep me coming back to WOHD.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    O_BR

I flied Qirex colors before because I like the design and the handling style of
    the ship. Found out that it's too slow to really go fast. I didn't want to switch
    to the obvious fast ship choice so I went for Piranha. You don't see much of
    those so that's a bonus for me. ..The Fury Piranha is a lot more nimble
    and has better thrust which has made it more popular now.

My contract with Piranha still continues although I do like the new Harimau
    design! But wth does "harimau" mean!?

PIRANHA! You know what that means.

EDIT: Hmm., tigers are cool,..
    Last edited by O_BR; 9th September 2009 at 02:57 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Harimau = Tiger

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

yea Harimau is actually spoken Malay for tiger.

lol on a side note "Mau" by itself means cat in spoken Malay.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I would have to say that I go with FEISAR more than the other ships, but I find EG-X, and Assegai to be equally fun to pilot. I'm the type of pilot who never really has one ship to use, as i try and usually like them all for their own reasons.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Twisted122

The reason is that I was using that team when I registered this site.
    Right now I change teams on the fly but if I want to play more seriously I make good track-ship combinations e.g. Feisar-A.G. for Chenghou or Auricom-Piranha for Anulpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire_Guy View Post
    yea Harimau is actually spoken Malay for tiger.

lol on a side note "Mau" by itself means cat in spoken Malay.
    Apparently "hari" means 'big-ass giant striped danger',