Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

Default Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Other than stats, I mean. Do you just like the look of the ship and team or is there a deeper meaning behind your choice? Maybe it has something to do with the back story?

...or do you just pick whatever feels right?

I used to race Assegai because it seemed pretty balanced without being ugly -cough-Mirage-cough- but after I got more into the game I switched to Goteki 45 when I found out they were from Hawaii.

lol, Silly reason, I know, but I felt obligated to represent my heritage.

I'm starting to lean more towards Qirex though, as I just like the way it looks from behind.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

my favorite is the auricom for the way it handles, its fast and good looking..

but in my way for the ultimate loyalty on all teams lol i discovered other really good teams like the piranha (fury & hd) triakis ( fury & hd) , icaras (fury), harimau (fury), qirex (hd)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Handling > Speed in most games for me, but max handling is generally not useful. So AG-S it is. And it also looks reasonable for an AG-S.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

Yeah, I noticed that it looked a lot like the Nx1000 Prototype... would've been cool if that were featured in the game, lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

I just liked the design of the HD AG-Sys, I sticked to it, just did the others for the trophies but didn't like them, even for SL I rarely take Icaras.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I like assegai for the handling, it just "feels right" for me. Might not feel right for others though.

I love the stinging bee (black and yellow Harimau) for it's looks tho, and often use that in Eliminator (allthough the low shield is a little crap at phantom because it's hard to avoid knocked into walls/other ships, but ah well).

PSN ID
    stever

I've always had a soft spot for Qirex since they were by far my favourite in the original WipEout, but since they lost their tank like qualities in the PSP and HD games I've not used them as much. With the Fury updates though they've become an excellent team again (as they seem to have done very well from the new stat bonuses handed out) so I'm back to using them for the Fury campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Lightbulb

I should be more patriotic and choose Qirex but I prefered to race in AG~SYS Team. Well handling and responsive ship in Pulse made a choice without me
    Last edited by NightArh; 23rd August 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Well.. i'm pretty noob at this awsome game.. but i have used Assegai because of it's handling and not alway speed at tricky tracks, and I think it is a pretty cool ship too, and used Harimau and Icaras on more speedy tracks.. works perfectly for me

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

HD harimau looks like sex and drives like it too

would be my team but Greenix banned me after I crashed/defaced his ride

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    AppleJack052570

I used AG-Systems constantly for the longest time until I got the Wipeout Disciple trophy, mostly because I like the look.

Lately I've been using the Harimau for attempting to do some of the campaign events on Elite difficulty

Timezone
    GMT -5

I can manage with just about any ship / team for the most part - but my favorites would be (in no particular order)

HD Harimau (If looks were a stat - this one is it.)
    HD Qirex (Nothing like setting records in "that ship".)
    HD Triakis (If you want to lose with style - that's the only way to go.)
    HD Icaras (Yes my soul dies a little each time, but it is almost a requirement for time trials and such.)
    HD AG-Systems (I hate it, I think it's ugly, and it's over-powered in acceleration / handling - but for some reason, I do exceptionally well with it especially on Phantom. See also dying soul from Icaras)

HD Auricom (In the end, my heart belongs to HD Auricom - it's my "home team" - and not many people like it. [That's a bonus in my eyes] If you can figure that thing out - it's very rewarding. Granted, winning in an HD Auricom is a LOT harder now that Fury ships are on the block, and side shifts are semi-broken again, but I still love it - aesthetically and functionally.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Ive used and been loyal to Feisar all the way through my WipEout career over the past 10 years. But since HD Harimau, ive found a new team. The handling is still decent enough for the tricky tracks and it has a better top speed. Admittadly its not the best looker for me, I much prefer the look of the Fury Auricom and Goteki ships.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

I've been using AG-Sys for a long time due to it's good handling and speed, but as of late, I've been trying out Piranha because it's even faster, and the bad handling actually helps my bad habit of over-steering.

i love qirex its my favourite but since the ship is so crap at delivering results i dont bother so i use all the other ships instead

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I use AG-S just for their cheerleaders. Mmmmmm.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

THE LIST
    1. Icaras // everybody loves the fastest ship but that wont stop me from making it my number one. i figure if you are going to skimp on a stat, it might as well be shield. i love the design of the ship, especially the first alternative skin. that red on black with white accents was beautiful, and the blue shield really sealed the deal on making it my favorite looking ship. fury icaras was ok but nothing holds a candle to the hd greatness.

2. Assegai // my ship of choice in pulse gives it a leg up in hd. it also has popular stats but the ship design is pretty good too. the alternate skins were lame in pulse and hd but the base color scheme is nice. the fury ship looks amazing and is one of the few fury skins i like. after spending more time with hd i find the airbrakes on this ship brake hard and turn sharp not wide, which doesnt really sit well with my play style. still, memory of the asymmetrical cockpit from w03 put assegai over the top.

3. Auricom // with nice power stats and a good design, auricom bleeds win. the red white and blue, with star in star action is a great look. the fury ship is beautiful and the best looking fury design imo. its also the least popular ship online and nothing feels better than topping a room full of icaras with the one auricom. THE AURICOM WAY!!

4. Feisar // ok, ive never exactly been president of the feisar fan club.... but fury feisar really won me over. while the hd design was pretty average, the fury skin looks great with black accents. the added stat boost to the speed stat means you wont be run down whenever you have a lead, always a plus. but the real selling point is the handling, not the fact that it has that stat maxed mind you, but the way the air brakes function lets me lightly tap to angle myself perfectly for turns without slowing me down much. feisar is working its way up my list every day. feisar is love.

5. EG-X // in hd i found eg-x pretty good. the color scheme was nice, and while the design was average from the side, it looked really good from behind. the fury ship took this to a new level with an arrow head like profile that made the ship look and feel very agile. the stats don't really stand out to me but i'd take the eg-x ship for a spin any day.

6. Mirage // the balanced stats of the hd ship gave mirage an average feel, but the full on green color scheme and radical bug design make mirage a winner. the fury skin was ok, but it toned down what was so great about the hd ship in the first place. the handling was favorable to my style of driving so mirage gets my vote of approval.

7. AG-Systems // this ship has good stats and i mostly like the way it handles. i even like pit viper like snake head design. something just never sat well with me when it came to ag-s strangely. maybe its the popularity of ag-s online in phantom races. maybe its all the white in the color scheme. whatever it is, i just don't trust ag-s. careful friends, ag-s is trying to take over the world.

8. Harimau // the hd design was pretty good, and orange is my favorite color... but i could care less about harimau. the fury ship isn't very good looking, and i don't like the way it handles. even though its stats for handling are high, i never got the feel for this ship. harimau is pretty popular online so let the other pilots have it.

9. Goteki 45 // i love the color scheme of hd goteki but the ship design is hit and miss. and there is nothing worse than being in first, perfect lapping, and still getting run down by a ship with higher speed. fury goteki has better speed but looks like a bulldozer, needs more pink! in a parallel universe goteki is my favorite ship, but here i just don't care.

10. Qirex // boring!!!! boring ship design and boring color scheme mean i could care less about qirex. it has balanced stats with a boost to shields which kind of make it a bizarro assegai. the fury skin looks a bit better but i don't remember how the ship handles because it was too busy boring me to sleep.

11. Piranha // i find your lack of thrust, disturbing... the bad thrust make piranha useless in races. and considering icaras is the big time trial ship, piranha is a ship without a home. i really want to like piranha, the design and color scheme is great. the shame is the fury ship looks blocky and lame, all those curves is what made the hd design great. im sorry i hate you piranha

12. Triakis // i am not a fan of triakis. i don't like the ship design, camo color scheme, or fat ship profile that runs into everything. the WWII plane teeth on the fury ship tried to win me over, but the rest of the ship just looks meh. triakis also mirrors piranha's stats, meaning it has no purpose at all.

ive maxed my loyalty for everyone so all the teams have about equal time on them, so i don't think i will change my mind on this list.
    Last edited by billychanxtr33m; 24th August 2009 at 04:06 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Qirex has been my favorite since XL/2097... I initially picked it because it was the fastest ship (when you first play the game) and because I thought it looked really cool. I eventually got used to its poor handling and became really good with it. I was very disappointed with the stat, handling, and ship-model change in Pure, and it was then that I realized using Qirex in XL set my precedent for a ship/vehicle in ANY racing game...

Fast
    Strong
    everything else be damned

I use Qirex in HD because I still think it looks f*cking sexy, and even if it can't compete with some of the other ships, I still have fun. But yes, I like fast, heavy, and strong, if it accelerates like molasses or turns like a brick, I don't care... a good enough pilot/driver can compensate. Qirex, Fire Stingray (F-Zero), Wario (Mario Kart), etc.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Started out with Assegai (sort of remembered the name from playing Wipeout on the PS1). Quickly went to Harimau (which is probably still my favorite, at least in HD form). Flirted with Auricom (loved it but for whatever reason stopped using it). Used Mirage to nail Sebenco (but only Sebenco). Finally went from using Harimau most of the time to using Feisar and really haven't deviated since. Every once in awhile I go back to Harimau since I do love the look of the ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Back in primary school i used to play as Piranha, (since it could reach tremendouse speed while being able to take a beating) but with HD i switched to Harimau - simply because i am Malaysian xD. Its a decent ship, goes pretty fast quickly, and turns 100 fold better than Piranha.

Cant play much cuz of impending exams tho l|l_l|l.