Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

Default Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Other than stats, I mean. Do you just like the look of the ship and team or is there a deeper meaning behind your choice? Maybe it has something to do with the back story?

...or do you just pick whatever feels right?

I used to race Assegai because it seemed pretty balanced without being ugly -cough-Mirage-cough- but after I got more into the game I switched to Goteki 45 when I found out they were from Hawaii.

lol, Silly reason, I know, but I felt obligated to represent my heritage.

I'm starting to lean more towards Qirex though, as I just like the way it looks from behind.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

my favorite is the auricom for the way it handles, its fast and good looking..

but in my way for the ultimate loyalty on all teams lol i discovered other really good teams like the piranha (fury & hd) triakis ( fury & hd) , icaras (fury), harimau (fury), qirex (hd)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Handling > Speed in most games for me, but max handling is generally not useful. So AG-S it is. And it also looks reasonable for an AG-S.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

Yeah, I noticed that it looked a lot like the Nx1000 Prototype... would've been cool if that were featured in the game, lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

I just liked the design of the HD AG-Sys, I sticked to it, just did the others for the trophies but didn't like them, even for SL I rarely take Icaras.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I like assegai for the handling, it just "feels right" for me. Might not feel right for others though.

I love the stinging bee (black and yellow Harimau) for it's looks tho, and often use that in Eliminator (allthough the low shield is a little crap at phantom because it's hard to avoid knocked into walls/other ships, but ah well).

PSN ID
    stever

I've always had a soft spot for Qirex since they were by far my favourite in the original WipEout, but since they lost their tank like qualities in the PSP and HD games I've not used them as much. With the Fury updates though they've become an excellent team again (as they seem to have done very well from the new stat bonuses handed out) so I'm back to using them for the Fury campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Lightbulb

I should be more patriotic and choose Qirex but I prefered to race in AG~SYS Team. Well handling and responsive ship in Pulse made a choice without me
    Last edited by NightArh; 23rd August 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Well.. i'm pretty noob at this awsome game.. but i have used Assegai because of it's handling and not alway speed at tricky tracks, and I think it is a pretty cool ship too, and used Harimau and Icaras on more speedy tracks.. works perfectly for me

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

HD harimau looks like sex and drives like it too

would be my team but Greenix banned me after I crashed/defaced his ride

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    AppleJack052570

I used AG-Systems constantly for the longest time until I got the Wipeout Disciple trophy, mostly because I like the look.

Lately I've been using the Harimau for attempting to do some of the campaign events on Elite difficulty

Timezone
    GMT -5

I can manage with just about any ship / team for the most part - but my favorites would be (in no particular order)

HD Harimau (If looks were a stat - this one is it.)
    HD Qirex (Nothing like setting records in "that ship".)
    HD Triakis (If you want to lose with style - that's the only way to go.)
    HD Icaras (Yes my soul dies a little each time, but it is almost a requirement for time trials and such.)
    HD AG-Systems (I hate it, I think it's ugly, and it's over-powered in acceleration / handling - but for some reason, I do exceptionally well with it especially on Phantom. See also dying soul from Icaras)

HD Auricom (In the end, my heart belongs to HD Auricom - it's my "home team" - and not many people like it. [That's a bonus in my eyes] If you can figure that thing out - it's very rewarding. Granted, winning in an HD Auricom is a LOT harder now that Fury ships are on the block, and side shifts are semi-broken again, but I still love it - aesthetically and functionally.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Ive used and been loyal to Feisar all the way through my WipEout career over the past 10 years. But since HD Harimau, ive found a new team. The handling is still decent enough for the tricky tracks and it has a better top speed. Admittadly its not the best looker for me, I much prefer the look of the Fury Auricom and Goteki ships.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

I've been using AG-Sys for a long time due to it's good handling and speed, but as of late, I've been trying out Piranha because it's even faster, and the bad handling actually helps my bad habit of over-steering.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    araos1

I like Fiesar the most. Body style and the way it handles. I'm still new to the WipEout series though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Used to be harimau for the speed and agility. (icaras for time trials) nowadays I use Mirage for the stability and how it really isnt bad in anything. mostly for how well it sits on the track though, theres no drama. oh and in tt I sometimes switch to feisar for it's ability to get out of a corner conserving most of the speed it entered with. feisar is all about precision.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    0joe0fran0

Default Mirage the silly mantis vehicle

My favourite vehicle is the Mirage. Other than being well balance it has a silly look.

Having two antennas on its head with blue and red beams bouncing up and down there is not other futuristic vehicle in Wipeout looking more silly than that one.

For that reason I just choose that silly mantis vehicle.

i started the game with assegai (i used it in wo pure) but recently i switched to AG systems cause it handles very well and has perfect acceleration.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I know my little icon there is an Auricom one, that was my fave in XL but i have to say i fell in love with Goteki 45. Something about the style and colours that just fits right in with me. Don't really have any other real reason for choosing this team other than that haha.

Timezone
    GMT -5

The Goteki 45 feels right to me. It responds exactly the way I want it to. It's just too slow