Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

Default Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Other than stats, I mean. Do you just like the look of the ship and team or is there a deeper meaning behind your choice? Maybe it has something to do with the back story?

...or do you just pick whatever feels right?

I used to race Assegai because it seemed pretty balanced without being ugly -cough-Mirage-cough- but after I got more into the game I switched to Goteki 45 when I found out they were from Hawaii.

lol, Silly reason, I know, but I felt obligated to represent my heritage.

I'm starting to lean more towards Qirex though, as I just like the way it looks from behind.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

my favorite is the auricom for the way it handles, its fast and good looking..

but in my way for the ultimate loyalty on all teams lol i discovered other really good teams like the piranha (fury & hd) triakis ( fury & hd) , icaras (fury), harimau (fury), qirex (hd)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Handling > Speed in most games for me, but max handling is generally not useful. So AG-S it is. And it also looks reasonable for an AG-S.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

Yeah, I noticed that it looked a lot like the Nx1000 Prototype... would've been cool if that were featured in the game, lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

I just liked the design of the HD AG-Sys, I sticked to it, just did the others for the trophies but didn't like them, even for SL I rarely take Icaras.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I like assegai for the handling, it just "feels right" for me. Might not feel right for others though.

I love the stinging bee (black and yellow Harimau) for it's looks tho, and often use that in Eliminator (allthough the low shield is a little crap at phantom because it's hard to avoid knocked into walls/other ships, but ah well).

PSN ID
    stever

I've always had a soft spot for Qirex since they were by far my favourite in the original WipEout, but since they lost their tank like qualities in the PSP and HD games I've not used them as much. With the Fury updates though they've become an excellent team again (as they seem to have done very well from the new stat bonuses handed out) so I'm back to using them for the Fury campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Lightbulb

I should be more patriotic and choose Qirex but I prefered to race in AG~SYS Team. Well handling and responsive ship in Pulse made a choice without me
    Last edited by NightArh; 23rd August 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Well.. i'm pretty noob at this awsome game.. but i have used Assegai because of it's handling and not alway speed at tricky tracks, and I think it is a pretty cool ship too, and used Harimau and Icaras on more speedy tracks.. works perfectly for me

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

HD harimau looks like sex and drives like it too

would be my team but Greenix banned me after I crashed/defaced his ride