Thread: fw3.0 Themes / Avatars (WipEout Fury)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Default fw3.0 Themes / Avatars (WipEout Fury)

The animated themes that SONY has enabled in the PS3 firmware version 3.0 are really cool! I really want some animated WipEout HD/Fury themes for the 3.0 update, even if I have to pay for them ;0 And more avatars of course (hopefully at least 1 per team)...

WipEout HD/Fury definately has the most potential for animated theme awesomeness, so do it up SL!

Start posting ideas fellas. I'd like to see maybe one thats a loop of a ship doing laps, or maybe crazy abstract interlocking designs that wipeout is notorious for.
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 20th August 2009 at 11:32 PM.

something similar to the original Main menu background of HD would be cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW1X2j1wCNU

you know the simplistic look with the ship zooming round it. either minimilist like that, or full colour, rendered to look bad ass.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'd buy it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I want that, HD or Fury animated themes that look and sound like the menu. These would be the themes I'd buy instantly, so if ever they happen, worldwide release please.

Also, moar WipEout HD avatars with them. Maybe make a 2-3$ value pack with both themes and a group of teams/sponsors avatars of WipEout HD. That would be truly awesome.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I'd definitely like to see an animated/dynamic WOHD/Fury dashboard theme; if they could make it customizable to some degree, it would be even better... maybe let the user select what team they want to have in the background...

I don't know what they could do for a theme that would be interesting or slightly interactive, but not too obstructing when you're still trying to use the dashboard practically. Maybe they could have it kind of like the Wipeout 3 Prototype stages, with the flat shaded polygons or something

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

a good feature would be to show the actual number of players connected to the game...

and i hope they did something about the fans, the PS3 is known to have temperature issues, but the fans are really loud, and never stop, even if the PS3 is cooled down with inactivity...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I'm surprised they haven't released a Fury theme yet, considering they had no less than three Wipeout HD themes. Maybe they were waiting for the new firmware?

An animated Fury theme is probably the only theme I'd ever buy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Wanna see a great Fury theme and some full-blown themes of each team.
    The Fury theme should be free. But I would pay 2 - 5 EUR for a high-quality
    Feisar theme that uses all the new features. Oh yes!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

I'd buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    i hope they did something about the fans, the PS3 is known to have temperature issues, but the fans are really loud, and never stop, even if the PS3 is cooled down with inactivity...
    Which PS3 version do you have?
    I have 80GB PAL version, and mine isn't particularly loud.
    I heard they fixed temperature/fan issues with newer PS3 versions.
    Last edited by LurifaxFlux; 22nd August 2009 at 01:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

how about a theme where you see for example an ags lapping tech de ra, sort of spectator mode like?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

I would be interested in an open SDK to make animated background ! It would really kickass if SCE decided to do that

I'd love to see an official WOHD / Fury theme too, but if we could build themes ourself and give it to SL this would be even better, it would be a way to thank them for the hours of enjoy we all have on this game

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

I honestly wouldnt keep my hopes too high. While SL are incredible at what they do, (ie create the core gameplay games etc) the licensed products they make are sub-par.

Take the Little Big Planet Wipeout-HD sackboy variations, they look like they wearing card-board boxes and straw hats or something.