Thread: Mic Isn't Working?

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Unhappy Mic Isn't Working?

Hi there, I've recently just got a new mic today and I've registered it with the PS3 system and everything is working perfectly fine.

However when I go on Wipeout HD Fury Online to attempt to talk to other racers, my mic refuses to work, and the logo that appears which states that I am talking does not appear.

I don't know what's wrong, I've looked at everything on the PS3 menu and can't find anything to make the mic work in-game - when it works on the PS3 menu.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I might look pessimistic, but I never got the microphone to work for more than two seconds in WipEout HD, since September 25th 2008. It works fine in other games though, and even when the icon that indicates I am talking shows up, other people can't hear me.
    So yeah, good luck with it. :s

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

I suppose you know that there is "push to talk" system in wipeout..? never used it myself though, so i don't really know what else could be causing it.

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Question

Push to talk button... If you're like me in a phantom race and I push that button and lose control of the ship...I'm in for a massive fender bender. Either that or I smash into the side of the track and explode.

Timezone
    GMT -5

The Mic / Talk worked fine prior to 1.3 - ever since 1.3 it's been broken.

You ca ca ca nnnnn t t tt t talk but it soss ss sos sss u nnn ndd ndds l ii k ik e th tth is nn n n n now. :-

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Lol, yeah thing never work. Unless its someone who lives close to you i've found

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Unhappy

I've noticed that pushing the left stick in opens up the ability to talk when you're in a game room before you start the game...But not when you're actually in the game racing.

It's not fair! You can't hear other players rant and scream at you when you win!