Thread: Time Trial videos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Time Trial videos

I've recorded videos of my best Phantom Time Trial times for all the tracks. They can all be found here : http://speeddemosarchive.com/Wipeout64.html

On the track Machaon II I can't seem to figure out the best strategy or maybe I just suck at it . The best time on Machaon II that I've heard of is 26"5 while I'm stuck at 27"5 so maybe there is still some shortcut escaping me here .

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Wow, those are insane! Much better than my slow times. My best for Klies Bridge is around 17 seconds even when boosting over the hill and through the tunnel. I can't offer any advice on Macheon, I'm a bit rubbish at it and your run seemed impeccable.

I got WipEout 64 last week, I finished all the challenges but I haven't played it too much. I would film a run but my skills are not up to scratch .

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Awesome high-quality videos with great times

Glad to have you on the site. Maybe more WOZ pilots should participate in SDA?!

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

wow your amazing at Wo 64

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks all . This is the only Wipeout I've spend a lot of time on time attacking so far but I recently picked up 3SE . It would be cool to see more vids like this for the other Wipeout games on SDA.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I am flabbergasted!!! Superb skill man. Big thumbs up.

amazing racing I really never thought Klies Bridge could be done like that!! It`ll be interesting to see what you can do on Wipeout 3 SE. I would recommend investing in a negcon if you make a project of that one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Rewatching these vids, one thing that strikes me is how FAST WO64 is-- such blazing speed! It's exciting to watch.

I have been working time trials for Wipeout Pure recently and the games seems so sluggish in comparison-- or is that just me?

nice, very good, some shortcuts I hadn't tried since single race doesn't allow you to to pick up turbos I like that klies bridge one, that is exactly the same as you can do on talons. Do you use a wheel? Also, could you put up a single race record ful. race for any of hte tracks? Maybe a good terafumos run or something

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by WMJ View Post
    On the track Machaon II I can't seem to figure out the best strategy or maybe I just suck at it . The best time on Machaon II that I've heard of is 26"5 while I'm stuck at 27"5 so maybe there is still some shortcut escaping me here .
    Well it only took 9 years but I have come back to it and finally achieved that 26.5 lap on Machaon II

Video: https://youtu.be/JdJJReRlJGU

Nice run. I don’t have time just now to get back into it, but it looks like I might have to .

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I have made Tool-Assisted runs for all laps to see where the limits are and to make a cool video . These were made with slowing down the emulator and many times reloading save states. I'd like to make a similar one for XL next but not sure if I can get the NeGcon to work with an emulator.

Nice stuff, i'm getting into Wipeout 64 lately! I use original N64 with classic controller! I'm trying to complete all the challenges, just got 3 golds on race and 3 on weapon challenges, did you ever get gold on all of them? some of them seems freaking hard.

Also, you can get to work a NeGcon with the emu, i did, just find a ps1 to usb adapter and it'll work with some tweakings.

I Wonder if i can use the neG on wo64 now, by using the emulator + adapter...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I've got the NeGcon working now with the emulator. So XL will be my new project .

I really love Wipeout 64. For some reason it's my favorite Wipeout but XL is not far behind. I really like the air mechanics on it.

Last year I did a speedrun where I got all the golds for the Challenge mode in 1 try from a fresh save file. Took me 1 hour 4 minutes. It's very improvable but it's very hard to get all the golds in 1 try as well. Especially Super Combo Challenge 5 is a real killer. Sometimes you just get unlucky and the computers kill each other so you cannot get the required 8 kills for gold. My strategy of parking on the weapon plates is really effective though for most weapon and Super Combo Challenges. For Race and Time Attack it's mostly just practice.