Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Your best moments in HD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Ah ah, nice Woopz.
    I already did that with some mates too, a Triakis session (it was an idea from Fyue).

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

My best moment on WOHD online is that I pulled off consecutive barrel rolls on Sol 2 after using Turbo to keep my 1st place alive, and won it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Hotarunius

1: WipEout HD was the first PS3 game I'd ever played, or seen in action for that matter. I didn't have a PS3 yet, so I headed over to eBash and started up one of the PS3's, set up a race. Then there was the loading screen. Silence. Suddenly, EYE CANDY I just sat there, staring at the screen, completely in awe. (Keep in mind that this was the absolute first time i'd seen anything in HD so, there's that.)

2: Firing off a quake for the first time. BOOOOM!!!

3: *TZZZZZOW* Contender eliminated. 'nuff said.

PSN ID
    CHRIS-_REDFIELD

ha ha ha good team race woop

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

The best moments in HD are when you FEEL the ship sliding in the perfect trajectory: when you KNOW you are flying as fast as hell, pulling off a mix of br, ss, pitching, sidebreaking, and stuff, and you just see that the ship does exactly what you wanted to do.
    Awesome.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

My two best moments in HD both came tonight. 1) Beating Zico and gaining transcendence and 2) getting to #10 in the overall Zone rankings on Connavar's website.

Two big milestones and two goals that I have had for several months. And the biggest achievements I've made in the game. What a night

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I forget I made this thread sometimes.

I should mention the time when I got the No 1 multiplayer time on sol 2 reverse rapier. I was playing really early in the morning and beat Greenix's time which is funny in itself regarding my first post in this thread . Ecstatic to say the least. I remember telling him that he was No 2 (he took it badly )

The time is really slow now, but it still is my best on that track.

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

I hold the multiplayer number 1 spot for SOL2 Forward Rapier.

But I don't have a job anymore. Who cares? I'm the best at something for the first time ever and I'm going to enjoy that.

Anyone want to race?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Playing aginst my dad. :3

PSN ID
    Helgso

I have only played this game for a week now.
    My best moment yet is when I dashed through some wavey corners in the campaign and just getting the first place on the last lap in the last turn. Great game, great game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Quote Originally Posted by ion harvest View Post

But I don't have a job anymore. Who cares? I'm the best at something for the first time ever and I'm going to enjoy that.

Anyone want to race?
    not me ...

flute ^^
    wrong section

Saaaaaaaaaaaat help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

Quote Originally Posted by ion harvest View Post

Anyone want to race?
    well done m8,being on the rock n roll certainly does help with your gameplay! but just dont let texas or chee5e2ee know,cause they will want it back lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Augmentator

My best moment... Hm... Hitting the last turn in Ubermall Phantom class without touching the sides in a Triakis.

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Quote Originally Posted by tug_14 View Post
    not me ...

flute ^^
    wrong section

Saaaaaaaaaaaat help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tug_14.

Thanks man. I remember racing you in phantom. Good races

SlowTrain, I don't think the recs are updating so my time is safe for the moment teehee.
    But yes texasalex and cheeses will probably break it. Grr.

Anyway I got a friend of mine to enjoy wipeout yesterday and we had a really good time playing it. I felt like ii was constantly teaching him but he got the hang of it. Good stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Planoptik

This might not mean much to you guys, but getting my first gold medal. I didn't put the acceleration sensitivity to 10% so I kept wondering why I was going so slow. 54 tries later I finally got it, started screaming and jumping in the air, while simultaneously fist-pumping

That's when I figured out this game is too awesome for words.

Oh and screwing up Sol 2 repeatedly and cursing the track for not having any BR spots and having to find some on my own Barrier boosts for the win!

On higher speeds you can do a barrel roll around the half way point of a lap, at the end of the massive right hand U turn when the track drops downhill. Trying to use the barrier for barrel rolls on Sol 2 always ends in tears for me.

Two best moments stick out...

Getting my last elite gold medal, which was for the 8 race phantom tournament. Specifically, the moment when I realised going into Sol 2 that I had already won and the pressure was off.

And getting to Zone 75 for the Zone Zeus trophy. I think I nearly had a heart attack when I hit my target and immediately lost control and trashed my ship. The sense of relief was incredible, haha.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    rythgen

Pretty simple one but satisfying nonetheless, grabbing a boost off the last weapon pad on the track and popping it at the last second to fly from fourth to first and win by .02.

PSN ID
    DaMiGiSan, DaMiGiX

My best Moment, Getting Elite Gold on Sebenco Climb in The Frenzy Event. My worst moment, Going up against SpacemanSpiff_01 (Ranked 78 ) yesterday & losing miserably, @ one point during one of the tracks, he actually Lapped me out & won the race by more than 30 seconds. "Note"; I was pleasantly humbled by SpacemanSpiff, there was no offense taken by him beating me, he was just "Better" at racing than I was & there was no offense intended towards him either.
    Last edited by DaMiGi63; 20th June 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    TheBlackCarlo

My best moment so far: earning the last elite gold on HD on the 8 race phantom tournament. That was pretty great.
    Like Boycey83 I too arrived at Sol 2 with more than 8 points from the 2nd AI racer.