Thread: Your best moments in HD

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Did i race you before, Jeremy?

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Wait a min...YEAH im pretty sure you did haha, I remember seeing your username...class!

well played mate.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

My best moment was when on Eliminator mode, I did a perfect session (no deaths) on Alalpha (sic) Pass on Phantom Elite and 600 target score for the first time.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Mine was racing online on Chenghou Project Phantom,16 Laps,Weapons Off,with Danterich and JKP and winning.Man,was that host sneaky,suddenly buming up the speed class and laps to race.What made it even more satisfying was that I did in in a Piranha. I mainly use FEISAR,as I usually go for handling.Chenghou Project is a technical circuit,but the change and race start was so sudden I had no choice but to use Piranha.Quite a lot of people left the game,leaving me,Danterich,JKP and some random to fight for 1st.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

This was a great race , that host was a VERY funny guy .

PSN ID
    someguy789

just won an online tournament against sinus1 and some other really great players today wich is probabaly my best online acheivement

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

There's 2 or 3 weeks i was playing ubermall reverse online with some good pilots including Danterich and Temet ! I remember Danterich because i was leading at the end of the 1st lap and Dante killed me with a plasma ! Despite it was a good move it drove me crazy to find myself last with 5 seconds off the lead !! So instead of cursing or rage quitting, i shut my mouth and i managed to bump my late , performing 2 shortcuts with boosts and destroying Temet with a missile (sorry mate, you were at the wrong place at the wrong time ^^) , at the 4th lap i was 2nd behind Danterich and picked up a plasma After my revenge i finished first with a comeback king's badge i was very proud off
    Last edited by leungbok; 4th August 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I still remember winning an Avalon: Aftermath race with Stinkelroy and someone else (AnErare maybe?) So happy after that, bumped me up from Rank 16 to 19

Heres one happened this morning!

racing this young cocky ozzy guy (he is pretty good)
    anyway

Phantom mode single race anulpha pass forward lap 5,

Im 2 seconds behind
    I pick up a plasma at the chicane and saw him move up onto the over pass.
    Just as i moved onto the overpass i warmed up the plasma as i jumped the gap. I landed and the plasma went off but I made sure I was dead straight when i landed to point the plasma down the line.

The plasma fires off and travels all the way across the over pass to the end (2 seconds of travel)where he was just about to pass over the last pickup pad, jump and cross the finish line. BUT I ended up jumping through a wrecked Harimou because the plasma hit him and he got eliminated! BOOOM! I win.

I got a message in my inbox "I heard that **** coming!"
    lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Haven't had one yet. I'm a disaster online.

...pity me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    haiku_

Quote Originally Posted by mikrucio View Post
    I got a message in my inbox "I heard that **** coming!"

hahaha! I love it when people are super cool about really painful losses and are willing to lol it up with you after the race. I see way too many rage quits and not enough good spirited self deprecation.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

1)the friends i made while playing WO.
    i used to play WO online against strangers at first. it was nice but a little boring...
    then i made some friends and changed the online experience completely for me. thank you everyone^^

2)the Avalon experience.
    i met so many great pilots there, i joined a chat room for the first time and it was great to be around legendary pilots.

3)the feeling of breaking my limits everytime i improve on Zone. also i felt amazing when i first heard "zone 100 cleared".

4)the really rare occasions where i get a lucky win against a truly great pilot...

PSN ID
    erich123

My best moments are every time l turn on my ps3 to play wo
    My stats say 780 hours with wipe out omg lol.
    So it's hard to pick a moment. But joining team nordic are one of them. We have many funny and crazy moments.
    Just to play and be a part of it all means a lot to me.
    And ofcourse when l had 13 global recs for a short periode, don't know if l have any at the moment.

So hope to see all of you on the tracks in the future,l know l will be racing forever

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I was just looking over this again after a while, everyone has some great moments.

I was reminded of my favourite race ever. It was played at about 10am because TCK had to go to work and was part of xpand races. Me and DP against TCK and Luna. It was Seb Climb fwd, I can't remember a single weapon being fired and was so close, three of us finished below 2 mins which I had never seen before. DP just missed out (the slow coach). But he's now better than us all so he won't care. Great times

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Nice read Just went through them all lol

• Me, Amorbis & Yeldar(??) all crashing in exactly the same point after tunnel on the final straight on CP. I was in 1st, but my destroyed carcass was the only one not to cross the line! My favourite 3rd place ever lol.
    • TCK bombing & killing me on the final corner of SC, but as he'd just hit a few mines my dead ship overtook him to win
    • Holding CP multiplayer record for about a year
    • Wellington discovering the CP Rev jump (or at least the first to put it into multiplayer practice), and beat my then record by a staggering 15 seconds.
    • VK rev endurance race, Wotan was right behind me in his icaras all race, and barged me out the way in the final tunnel to take the lead on the final lap, smashed me into the apex to a grinding halt and everything. Absolute and utter filth; but pulled off to shear undeniable perfection

edit:
    how could i forget - a random player fired a plasma BEFORE the bridge on AP, yet killed me with it on the other side of the bridge

Timezone
    GMT -5

I have two that I will remember for the rest of my life!
    First, I play online mostly, half flash, half rapier/phantom, depending on my mood. One afternoon I nailed the world record on Anulpha flash during a tournament with 6 turbos, the next race was Sol 2 Reverse, and I landed a second world record in a row with 7 turbos x_X A few hours later I landed another world record on flash Amphesium reverse. Happiest day of my gaming life! I don't have the amphesium record anymore because texasalex hates me

Second, I almost never play eliminator, but I was feeling frustrating one day so I joined a 400 point match on Moa/Rapier with 6 other players, I won by 320 points in the first 3-4 minutes! Nothing but quakes & rockets roatating in my weapon box back and forth. I had 13 kills and 0 deaths

...There were also many memorable times when I was new, playing some of you elite wipers on phantom, losing by 15-20 seconds in complete disbelief.

-Steve

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

best moments would be, firsrt time i nailed platinum yippee
    my first top ten multiplayer
    getting the triple br on sebenco
    n meeting up with tarquin farquhar on many occasions n getting totally wrecked

Heres another one I thought was amusing.
    there was actually another Japanese pilot in but he ditched before I could take the photo lol.

Me vs Japan

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3577/bf11j.jpg
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 4th November 2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Converted large image to link.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    I was just looking over this again after a while, everyone has some great moments.

I was reminded of my favourite race ever. It was played at about 10am because TCK had to go to work and was part of xpand races. Me and DP against TCK and Luna. It was Seb Climb fwd, I can't remember a single weapon being fired and was so close, three of us finished below 2 mins which I had never seen before. DP just missed out (the slow coach). But he's now better than us all so he won't care. Great times
    I remember that race very well and it was indeed a truly epic tournament. Pity I didn't finish with the rest of you guys, but somebody had to bring up the rear in that race because the rest of you seemed to have supercharged ships on Sebenco.
    Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 3rd November 2010 at 04:08 PM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

All sorts of memories flooding back.

• Beating the super fast z1r0rEi over 10 ten times consecutively in 1on1 races. Got to the stage where he picked TDR endlessly until he one a race.... then quit I felt smug hehehehe.
    • Losing to Japan in the Wipeout World Cup because of the craziest glitch i ever saw -- In the tunnel on SC Rev i fell through the floor, re-spawned on the track, but continuously fell through the ground unable to move anywhere. Went from 1st to last and we lost overall my a meer 2 points or something. Remember chatting to Rerealm and reach-big7 afterwards who said i literally vanished. No idea how the controller survived that one

edit:
    Also remember my eagerness to improve to beat the mighty Asa and Leungbok when i first found my way to wz Good times.
    Last edited by OBH; 3rd November 2010 at 07:53 PM.