Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best moments in HD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hey Dude, I have WOHD since two months and a half and I have platinum, plus finished Bioshock (great) and Batman (short o_O') in the same time.
    Take into account I can't play a lot during the week ^^.
    So, no excuse, go go go (I'm only rank 17 online ^^).

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    Gordo - one of my friends who plays this game is an old, retarded fart. If he can post a top 10 time (actually, he's gotten a couple 1st place globals) - then so can you.

Practice, side shift, barrel roll a lot - and don't be stingy with your pickups (if you get a boost - don't want an entire lap for the "sweet spot" to use it - just use it) and with a little luck, you'll break into the top 50 no problem.

Now THAT is motivation. I've just got Zico and the holy (!) trinity of Seb climb, sol2 and CP to beat for my Elite campaign legend, and then I'm coming after your ass.........after you've lapped me..........for the second time

Seriously though, side shift has really boosted my times, and the advice on not holding the boost is one I hadn't heard before. I'll be giving it a go.

Timezone
    GMT -5

It comes down to numbers and luck - see, if you use the boost on that "special part" of the track where you can link it with a barrel roll - great. But, to drive a half lap, and pass up 6 more weapons pads - that's 6 potential boosts missed. Obviously the chances of you getting 6 for 6 are very slim - BUT, the chances to get 2 for 6, or 3 for 6 are a lot better.

Generally, if I'm within 1/4 lap or less to a "sweet spot" I'll save it, otherwise, I take my chances.

It also motivates you to find and make use of new "sweet spots" - and I've discovered MANY barrel rolls, and chains that are not well known.

Actually, I just found a triple barrel roll on Ubermall Forward that works on Venom, Flash and Rapier - oh yeah, did I mention it's at the finish line?

Be creative, take chances, and above all, have fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Did I not post these already? hmmm...

Best moments...well being invited to Team England was a great one for me too. That was a really big compliment.

Ending up in The Flying Dutchmen and not getting knocked out in the first round of the World Cup was also awesome, considering the tough opponents I accidentally-on-purpose put the Dutchmen up against.

Getting a no. 1 TT on phantom was always one of my goals. Achieving it was amazing. Although I do wish Elois could have held off on whooping my time for a little longer than the two days he did.

Getting an Avalon record was another goal and an achievement I enjoyed much. Although I do wish Elois could have held off on whooping my time for a little longer than the 2 hours he did.

Zone Zeus was cool because it took me ages and seemed really intense at the time. If I remember correctly, I only had another go because yeldar was doing at the same time and completed it, after I'd just given up, forcing me to have another go, even though I didn't really know him (or anyone else here) yet.

Syncopia TT was probably the best recent one. I'm not much of a pioneer of the game as some are, so to have something special to show everyone that no-one (or possibly almost no-one) will have seen before was a great feeling. Hopefully everyone can pay a visit soon.

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Mine is being Rank 1 on Modesto Heights R in Single Race for maybe a week, and now remaining at rank 2.

I improved on my time even while flying a Triakis (F). It's nice to have a high ranking with a ship that (according to the stats at least) has bad accel and handling. It's kind of an ego thing.

Another memorable point was getting a tripple kill with rockets... it was in against the Elite AI in Eliminator though. But it's pretty sweet to see.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

As I was new to WO when I got HD, getting into it was fun. Getting into it again once Fury came out was even more fun.

Best moment for me was prooooobably my second #1 rank for TDR< Speed Lap.
    The first time was my first WR, yet I wasn't happy with my time at all. Having a chance to beat barnster once he broke it was fun. Didn't even take me too long, beat my old time by nearly .6, and I feel like I nailed a fair chunk of it. The time isn't impossible to beat though, and I'm surprised no one else has taken the time to overtake me yet! So I've had that since the end of January I think. Not too bad. On the same note, I'm surprised no one has beaten my #1 on the same track for Rapier... *throws down glove to challengers*

I also liked playing against fgdk when he was still playing (I don't know if he still does or not, I just certainly don't see him), he was VERY fast and consistent in rapier class online races. Got a few top 10 online times playing against him; I think a #3, #4 and #7, and I don't usually rank that high online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I remember my best experience, it was when I first played the game, on Vineta,
    the visuals were just perfect, and so was the gameplay ... incredible because
    that's what I had always dreamed for a wipeout. Can't wait for the 3D now.

Other than that, the world cup with The Flying Dutchmen was memorable too,
    special thanks to yeldar, luxoflux and SaturnReturn for the great team work!!

Other great moments is when I can achieve the Speed Lap (or TT) that I want,
    which unfortunately doesn't happen often.

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Best moment for me was having someone jump over me using a boost on the last turn of Vineta K. They must have used up the last of their shield on the barrel roll as my one and only round from the cannon I had blew them away although technically their burning hulk crossed the finish line first lol.

That and finally putting Zico in his place of course

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

Default Quake

Had a nice moment with a Quake a few days ago. Don't remember exactly who I was racing, but at least two familiar names. We were racing Chengou Project forward Phantom (4 players total) and I got mined off the open section in the first lap. It took me the remaining laps to get close to 3rd place.

In the last section of lap 4, I got a Quake and fired it. Destroyed two players in front of me, and the third one blew himself up two corners later (probably low shield). Ended up winning the race with a "Time to spare".

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I had a very lucky moment a few days ago - I was racing against some of the big players on Chenghou Forward. I was in 2nd and Mizunoori was around 5 seconds in front of me, so I was certain he was going to win (this was on the last lap.)

Then came the quake...

Fired it and saw "you eliminated mizunoori" on my screen. I went past him just as he respawned and won the race - we had a good laugh about it

Timezone
    GMT -5

Today, I got #12 global time in an online race on Talon's Junction reversed! Gonna break top 10 soon I know it!

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

Today, after buying Fury, I used the Icaras Fury on Sebenco Climb for Elite Meltdown. On the very first try, I won gold with ease.

Only a matter of time until I won the Phantom Elite campaign.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

Today, I was racing on Sol 2 with the AG-Systems. On the first (mostly) straight section, I ramped off of one guardrail, did a barrel roll, ramped off of the other guardrail, did another barrel roll, and zoomed around the corner.

It was awesome.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

Being able to do that 3rd barrel roll to beat zico on Thursday. What happened was that i barely beating the time by 0.03 sec and I went like "YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Thankfully, there was no one home, so my excitement was at its full power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    I had a very lucky moment a few days ago - I was racing against some of the big players on Chenghou Forward. I was in 2nd and Mizunoori was around 5 seconds in front of me, so I was certain he was going to win (this was on the last lap.)

Then came the quake...

Fired it and saw "you eliminated mizunoori" on my screen. I went past him just as he respawned and won the race - we had a good laugh about it

Argh, i remember that I was on the last jump and hat about 20 shield left.
    The moment I barell rolled, the quake hit me. Because I didnĀ“t heard the quake, i was very surprised LOL

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

This moment is simply one of the best because it just seems odd: I won a phantom class eliminator match today and got the 'Successful Pacifist' badge award.

Also, it was a full game... so it wasn't just speed lapping for +5.
    Last edited by Woopzilla; 29th March 2010 at 10:38 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

New Metropia fwd Phantom TT!! 1:41.78, #8!

EDIT: Improved my time to 1:41.48!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AspenExcel; 23rd April 2010 at 01:10 AM.

PSN ID
    morfeo378

after many hours, many times, the first time could win to pepeda, my first number one in multi, my sessions tournament with my good friend Roger (anderkover), win a race with a turbo in the last jump in vineta k, catch a turbo on the last curve in sol 2 and win flew over another ship, now I hope to play in 3D is one of my best moments

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

My best moments recently, all comprise of letting promising new pilots who show some talent (and not quitting races) know about wipEoutzone. Just d=feels good. I remeber when I first played Pulse online (psp) and got battered hardcore , so I did a search on t'internet and found this place. Now yer stuck with me

Anyway, an obvious one - this one but, whenever I go online and join a room full of phantom bad asses, I feel my heart start to pick up its pace. That always lets me know that we're about to have some SERIOUS fun racing.

It's always a nice surprise to find out that you got a trophy by accident, love that bell sound too

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Getting #2 on Talon's Junction Forward, Online Race and knocking yeldar down to #3