Thread: Your best moments in HD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    kgb1971

Default Your best moments in HD

Should this be a different thread to the worst moment in HD thread, I don't know, but if it needs to be moved please do.

Thought it would be cool to start one about your best moments.

Doesn't have to be about winning races or fast times, could be about anything from meeting someone or eliminating some poor sod.

1: The night I met Greenix was one of the funniest moments I had, never heard of him before but he was super fast and kept beating me. We got chatting and it turned out he was the cheekiest bleeder I had met on line (closely followed by Yeldar) , we were comparing race times and he was a bit faster than me on most tracks. Found a couple that i was faster on and said he didn't have a chance at beating them just to wind him up, to which his reply was 'give me a couple of minutes'. The cheeky ****er!!!! Well I gave him a couple of minutes and he beat the times WTF! It just turned into a slanging match after that but I was laughing my arse off all night.

2: Greenix again. Continuing our battles on the track a few weeks later, the usual banter was going on between us. He was getting the better of me more than I care to recall and i was getting a bit pissed off. Then on Vineta K rev on the last lap he shot past me as only he can do. I was thinking here we go again. Then I got a quake in the tunnel near the end.... BAM!!...Got him! I saw him labouring a bit at the top of the hill, picked up a Cannon and fired one shot and eliminated him. Very funny moment Pay back. I was practicaly hysterical at this moment and couldn't see the finish line through the tears. (little things please little minds)

3: Joined a game with Asa and Rapier Racer one night, hadn't played them before but seen them on the forum, so was a bit nervous, wondering if I was going to make fool of myself or not. Couldn't believe that I managed to win two races in a row against them!! I turned to mush after that, but it didn't matter as I had done OK against some very, very good pilots.

4: The day I downloaded HD and joined this forum of course.

Anyone else like to share some good times from their HD/FURY careers?

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Good thread KGB - makes a change to concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives.

Some of my best moments are as follows -

1 - Avalon - Last time out was the first time I've fully participated in one. And what great fun it was. Top pilots and great fun in the chatrooms as well. Without the chat it wouldn't be half as good.

2 - England World Cup Qualification - this was the first time I'd raced against 7 other really fast pilots and what a learning curve it was. Again, what made it was the banter in the chatrooms.

3 - Getting the WR on rev VinK zone (now sadly gone). I started about 80,000 away from the record and slowly got to within 30,000. Thanks to GTP_Rorschach (who kept beating my score and motivated me to do better) I managed to get to within 20,000 and then 1 day had the record breaking run. Thought it would last longer than it did but massive respect to Kingheim for breaking it.

4 - The day I joined this site. I didn't find it until Dec or Jan and then seeing a lot of names who I'd seen as global leaders and inspirational to me were quite happy to chat and share tips. And also, what a welcoming friendly place it is. After my previous experiences of online gaming Wipeout has proven to be a real joy.

5 - The anticipation of Fury. Those few days before release were pretty cool and never seen the site so busy.

6 - Hearing Zone 100 cleared for the first time. Sweet.
    Last edited by silverfoxy; 13th August 2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Added another

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

My single best moment was breaking zone 100 on Anulpha Pass.

Last edited by ProblemSolver; 13th August 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

1. Ever since Tordmulen told me about Team Nordic, this has been my third child
    All those guys are just bloody great - on the track and outside the track, as well. We´ve had an awful lot of hillarious weekly Nordic Sessions. Of course it´s about winning (no doubt!), but just experiencing the chat-room surrealism is more than enough to make your evening. (No one beats Soccermums or Zoth being in a funky mood ). If the chat-room had some kind of "print-function", I would publish it as book. Or maybe not.
    2. Enthropic Decay. My WO-brother, Zoth, and I, have had several great matches vs. you guys and girl (!) from WO-zone. Great racing all of you. And great meeting you as real virtual persons in The ED Headquarter.
    3. All The Organizers; the people who made an effort arranging events, which are making WO an even better experiment for all of us, especially:
    Kanar´s Avalons: I remember one specific friday morning in the spring. Coffee, cigs, kids institutionalized, wife at work and - for the first time this year - a beautiful sun bashing the windows. Kanar almost asleep, but talkative as ever. I´ll put a picture of you on the wall one day, Kanar
    Astral League: Always a pleasure attending The Astral. Big thanks to Epsilon (where are you?!) - Nyctalopian and Kaori, as well!
    The Doubles Ladder: Thanks to Feisar31 and Yeldar for putting this up.
    4. The Inventors. Thanks for making progress a bit easier for me to all of you guys, who are not afraid of sharing videos and new techniques.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I see myself Posting alot on this thread But I think one of my favorite moments was a 1 on 1 race with yeldar, he pulled ahead of me where I proceded to Quake, Rocket then missile him in less then 4 seconds.

The Resulting FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU from my chat box notification afterwords put me into stitches.

PSN ID
    JJohnEames

Well first of all for buying the game all the way back in November had to be one of the best decisions of my life. I've had so many great races and met so great people that it's hard to pick my best moment.

Recently i hit zone 106 so that could be considered a great moment.

Getting a full transendence was also a satisfiying feeling. Beating zico and zone zeus gave me a huge feeling of accomplisment, one i'll never forget.

Setting personal bests, beating the very best racers out there (on rare occasions), meeting and chatting to old and new zoners alike, all of these are my favourite moments

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

i won an online zone battle in a room with problemsolver UAHAHAHAHHAHAH put that in your zone 100 and smoke it. zone zues was another big one for me as it probably is for plenty of people. its not really a moment but once i spent like 2 hours of epic back and forth racing against an O_BR. totally friend'ed.

my best moment in HD was last night playing in single race with problem solver and olouk and TarquinFarqhuar, and other players of similar high skill levels.

It was my first time i got to play with some super elite players and i really enjoyed it.

problem solver kept parking up on the track to wait for me and as i flew past he would shoot a rocket into my ass.lol.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

i like barrel rolling over people.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Just went through the campain on elite difficulty, and ended up with 3 trophies in one go! Meltdown, Campaign Legend, and Elite Campaign Legend!

I only completed the grids coz my net was being arsey with me. I'm pleased... Now where's that Zico hiding?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

zico is hiding out on anulpha pass, but he will only accept your challenge if you use a piranha

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Beating the campaign with a gold medal in every cell, on Elite difficulty
    Beating Zico (I really struggled at first, funny )
    Getting a score of 429,000 on Anulpha Pass zone, with 117 zones. Ranked 4th with that...

The best moment was today though, getting the all-time highscore on Vineta K zone.

PSN ID
    MiguelX69

I usally have cool moments when i'm doing races with some portuguese guys... Most of them don't play very nice. From the people I know, XtriKO's the only Portuguese that can do me a 100-ZERO.

I Guess everybody starts from Zero. I guess the first time someone toutches wipeout its a bit shocking... In the first months I toutched HD, although I played other Wipeout's, it was dificuld to hold on on Phantom. Today I fell that Rapier's a sloow as hell speed. Phantom is the only thing I play... Unfortunatly I still eat a L.O.T. of walls in most part of the reverse tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

when my brother who doesn't play hears the computerized female voice warn me of incoming mines and mimics saying "not yours".

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Finished 1st with all 4 perfect laps in Moa Therma Forward using Icaras Fury in Flash Class during the Online Race.

PSN ID
    MiguelX69

This: After almost having a herat atack, I made it! Zone 100! Rank: 71 Global! Points: 279624!

This felt better than platinuming the game twice!

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Last night be and my A-G Bro ACE-FLO teared it up in a radical training session that lasted 3 bloody hours

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Haha, you bloody well did better than I thought you would... I felt like Dr Frankenstein - coz I helped to create a monster. Man, you sure do learn fast it's kinda scary tbh.

That was a great session man, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. and you are a quick study. I got a feeling this time next week, you're gonna take a few wins off me

Wipeoutzone = without this place, there'd be no love between pilots, and because of it, there's a real sense of community. As was proven last night!

With love, the AirLicker,