Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best moments in HD

anulpha pass reverse..phantom ..race...rank 42..im happy for myself

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

Default Eliminator

Had a nice moment on Eliminator a few days ago. I was playing the Fury campaign at a friend's. I think it was The Amphisium reverse on Rapier speed. I had a rocket, and just before the drop to start/finish, I turned around and fired at a few ships behind me, destroying three of them with one set of rockets!

Oh! I also managed to get the Pristine badge. I thought I'd never get that.
    Last edited by afatsuoM; 18th September 2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added Pristine

One of the best moments for me involved a plasma.
    It was on Sol 2 forward. I was in 2nd position. Infront of me was a really fast player. Near the finish-line, i got a plasma und fired it. In that moment, the player in leading position deployed a bomb. The plasma ripped the bomb apart and also hit the other player. I screamed all the way to the finish lol

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Just had a nice moment in a race on Moa Therma reverse.

I was leading on the last lap with OLOuk close behind. I wasn't getting any useful weapons and could see he was catching up, making me quite tense indeed.

Sure enough, a couple of corners before the second mag-strip, he gets me with a missile and goes tearing past with a sheild up so I couldn't even retaliate.

I regain control and pick up a misslie of my own on the mag-strip, let it fly and pick up a sheild, which I use as I pass. I was grinning all the way to the finish.
    Last edited by As Heaven Is Wide; 22nd September 2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Improved my description

getting zone zeus and arcade elite perfect in one night .

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Quake-surfing! Now that's a rush

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quake surfing, is the best rush

First time I did it was in Fusion, with a shield and a turbo , and I been looking for the oppo to do that ever since

Only got to do that once more in Pulse and again, recently in HD-FURY -and yes, awesome moments there.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Learning that WipEout was coming on PS3
    I was simply ecstatic with joy! After the mediocre Fusion chapter, i was the most happiest guy on earth knowing that my all-time favorite racing game was coming in hi-res, and that WipEout was still alive after all those years.

Being considered as a pilot for the [former] North American Team
    I never expected Feisar31 to mention me when the selection was taking place. I was honored that someone such hi-ranked remembered me and judged that i should be in the line-up. My performances at this time were OK, and didnt really improved while we race together in the former team, but i enjoyed it so much. We had Vart and TCK and we were unbeatable

The renaissance of North American Team
    And after the sad moment when Vart and TCK gave up on the team at its best, i decided to reform the team. It never really died, but at this time it was clear nothing would be the same and that it was on the decline. But i stood up and kept the spirit going on. I felt we had a role to play in the legacy of the greatness that WipEout is, nothing less. We had a responsibility toward our friends online and to the huge organization of WWC '09 that was deployed. We didnt win the finals, but it didnt really bothered me; i was able to recruit formidable pilots. IDReaper, DeepMix, Iwillbuildaduck, Boo4ever, TehRedScar, Rezatron and Coatlketzal, i thank you all for believing in this team again and we'll get back on the top for 2010 like it should be.

The recent victories against France and England
    Again, in the same order of idea, we prove that we're still a solid and efficient team, even if those races were unofficial. We were able to win against some of the most illustrious pilots around. So much that France wants to have revenge on us!

Scoring the 15th best time on Talon's Junction FWD Phantom
    Never thought i would get so close to the top!
    Last edited by Kyonshi; 10th March 2010 at 05:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Elite Gold on Chengou Project for Elite Arcade Perfect. I had to fight for Sebenco and CP for Elite Gold.
    After several races on CP (well, less than for Seb, Seb almost drove me mad), I'm first since lap 3... Icaras close to my ass. Last lap, after the jump, I screw the small turns... Icaras gets first. Fortunatelly, I got a boost with the weapon pad just before the turns, I take it and fly over the Icaras just on the line... I wait for the final decision and... yeah, I'm first !!! \o/

This was a revenge for this race : http://goondy.free.fr/Images/wohd/wo...%20exaequo.jpg (~ 30 KB) ... and for sake of clarity, yes I'm first (ex-aequo) and NO, THIS IS NOT VALID FOR ARCADE PERFECT !!!!!

Oh, and as a very modest Pilot, I was sooooo happy after a victory against Asa after an epic fight of several laps! (I usually lose, and by far, let's be honest )

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Watching the England v Japan game live, I can't remember who hosted, rerealm maybe?? It was like watching a Premier league match. Funny chat and watching the best players in the world take each other on, wish we could do it again.
    Last edited by KGB; 10th March 2010 at 09:29 AM.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

One of my best moments in HD was probably our first friendly Xpand match against the Inglorious Basterds. It was a 2 v 2 match and myself and KGB needed to get 1st and 2nd in the last race in order to secure a draw and we managed it - right on that last corner of Sol 2

Timezone
    GMT -5

Playing against Motorsagmannen - last lap of Anulpha Reverse - he hits me with a quake - I fly over a weapon pad and get.... A quake. (this was before you could see opponents weapons). I slam on the brakes so hard, he slams into the back of me. He refuses to pass, because he knew I had something and wanted revenge. Finally - after a LONG period of just sitting there (a few seconds waiting - but in a race - that's eternity) He passes, I quake him (of course) - and we STILL got 1st and 2nd place. (in a full room, no less).

I think I remember one of his - on Moa Reverse we brawled the entire race (not much choice on Moa Rev) I hit him, he hit me, wash rinse and repeat. So I'm hurting on energy on the final lap, and get a lucky break (a boost) - so in the final stretch / last corner I shoot past him - he has ONE - SINGLE bullet left in his gun - literally the last round, and I hear "clack" followed by my Auricom asploding and falling just INCHES short of the finish line.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Staying neck and neck with other accomplished pilots from the Zone

Landing on top of someone after a BR and boosting from their ship lol

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

AG-Wolf, putting up a vid of our races on youtube, that was awesome!

I never seen myself race on hdfury. Cheers AG-Wolf

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

1. Transcending in my Qirex by bombing SaturnReturn to get my AG-Assassin trophy.

2. Being invited to play in my first ASTRAL tournament.

3. Being invited to race for TFD

4. Playing a Doubles League match with Asa.

5. Avalon, every one of them (except the first one because I didn't actually know what 'Avalon' meant/involved ).

Good times

PSN ID
    gordo31874

This is going to sound pretty weak, compared to some of you guy's achievements, but

1. Zone Zeus. managing to not blink between zone 60 and 75 and somehow squeezing a perfect lap on zone 74 with the energy warning beeping in my ear all the way through the lap.

2. During Elite campaign getting gold on Sol 2, speed, wait for it, Flash. Yes, Flash. (shameful I know) I eventually posted a top 600 time to beat the damned AI

3. Getting my first top 1000 time. Looking forward to my first top 250!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Gordo - one of my friends who plays this game is an old, retarded fart. If he can post a top 10 time (actually, he's gotten a couple 1st place globals) - then so can you.

Practice, side shift, barrel roll a lot - and don't be stingy with your pickups (if you get a boost - don't want an entire lap for the "sweet spot" to use it - just use it) and with a little luck, you'll break into the top 50 no problem.

Oh yes, 2 more favorite moments of mine: Getting killed by Boo4ever on the hairpin on Chengou and I had a plasma. I didn't absorb it in time for his surprise quake. I hit "fire" right before I exploded, respawned - and as I respawned (sideways) I started falling off the track - he comes around the bend, and as he passes I'm looking at his ship side-on, the plasma flies fourth - and he blows up. It was the most insane lucky timing ever.

The rare occasions where I can barrel roll off another players ship when they're bumping me around the track. (sometimes you get pushed upwards when in the pack and on top of another ship) I love it when that happens.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Getting 17th best time in a race on Modesto fwd, and getting around 23rd best time on Talon rev on a time trial. yeldar is still 2 seconds ahead of me lol!

Also, being able to keep up with racers like themaderfacker, ProblemSolver and SaturnReturn. Even if I'm two seconds behind it still feels like a big accomplishment!

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

... Cannon and on and on and on...

I love it when I pull it off, a full set of cannon bullets, tearing totally into one ship all the way til it eliminates - sahweet stuff

Getting top 50 in online MP races is a good start too, love that

Dunno how I missed this one, must have been mashed but how did I forget the time when KGB1971 invited me into Team England... I haven't raced for Queen and Country yet, but one day that will change and I will feel proud and honoured to represent my Country on the international AG circuits of the FX350 league.

Oh - Barrel Roll Barbarians... I'm one And that's some cooool schitt too imo

Winning 15 online MP races in a row, on phantom without PA or Weps Hints - EGO! ok, yeah, but I did feel kinda large after that session.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

It may be crappy compared to all of yours. But winning an Elite Gold in Campaign is good to me since I have the game for over two months and went from Novice to Elite, skipping Skilled.

Oh and finishing an online race with member of the zone. Now only, if i can win those races. (Rank 13 currently)