View Poll Results: What's the hardest track for you?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chenghou Project

61 28.24%
  • Chenghou Project reverse

30 13.89%
  • Sebenco Climb

35 16.20%
  • Sebenco Climb reverse

39 18.06%
  • Sol II

10 4.63%
  • Sol II reverse

23 10.65%
  • Modesto Heights

31 14.35%
  • Modesto Heights reverse

58 26.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the hardest track for you?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

The trick to Metropia reverse is memorizing the two turns after the vertical such that you can do them with your eyes closed. They're not especially difficult turns except that you can't see them. I eventually managed to get a perfect lap there at Phantom.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kerni86

My hint for the blind corner from Metropia Reverse: use the arrows (i marked them at the attachments), they show you exactly the course of the curve

Before i used the arrows, i hated Metro Reverse. Now i love it
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    Tsunami49

Sebenco Climb by a long way. My statistics say ita my fave track but only because i struggle with it so much i keep practicing it in racebox

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Modesto Heights both ways. I still need lotsa training on the Fury-tracks.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

With Danterich on this one, i'm not consistent enough one modesto yet.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I went for Modesto reverse as well. I cannot get to grips with it at all on phantom speed and seem to spend most of each lap bouncing from one wall to another.

To be fair I'm very average still on all of the new tracks. Hellfire's tutorial of talons junction was a great help, it looks easy watching it but putting it into practice lap after lap is another matter.

After playing the Pure4 for a while in Zone mode going back to normal narrow tracks is quite tricky.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Sebenco Rev, Phantom for first race after 2 weeks without playing

but Modesto Rev all the time...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

When HD came out it was by a long shot Sebanco forward. I found that track in reverse great but couldn't play it forward. I ended up spending about a week playing nothing but that to get one of the Campaign medals and ended up loving it.

For me now it's Chenghou forward. I'm not sure why but I can fly up off the left hander (after the two small jumps) way onto the buildings without any problem but if I get the least bit tweaked coming off a BR on the big jump and land off track slightly boom I'm re-spawned. P' me O'

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Sebenco reverse is also pretty evil. What exactly is the point of the weapon pads at the top of the climb if you jump OVER them at Phantom speed?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Sebenco reverse is also pretty evil. What exactly is the point of the weapon pads at the top of the climb if you jump OVER them at Phantom speed?
    what weapon pads? they are inexistants...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

@CJS

Well i normally BR at the top of the hill and still catch the weapon pad, which i use to re-shield after the BR. o_O

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

Modesto Heights in either direction would have to come in at a close 2nd!!!!

All of them at present are difficult.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

im surprised modesto reverse has the most votes, ive actually become quite fond of modesto. there is really only one track that i dont like and thats sol II. i hate sol II I HATE SOL II IHATESOLII YYAAAAARRRGHGHGHGHGH!!!1111 sometimes i wish i could reach through my tv to punch sol II in the face for being so stupid.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Quote Originally Posted by billychanxtr33m View Post
    im surprised modesto reverse has the most votes, ive actually become quite fond of modesto.
    Agreed. It's just that hairpin in the middle that's tricky to master. Yeah, and Sol II reverse is one of the worst... stone last in a Phantom Elite race by 13.6 seconds yesterday, and I was actually trying

I don`t think the Modestos are too bad, nothing too unpredictable once you know them.

It`s definitely Chenghou Forward as the most difficult for me. It`s a very difficult track to control lap after lap for me.

Chenghou Project was the hardest track for me, until i switched off the pilot assist option. I found out that this option just caused trouble for me.. anyone else agree with me on this?
    And Hellfire's videos under FAQ was also very helpful, but i found them (actually Hellfire told me about them) after i manage to win on Chenghou Project track

PSN ID
    drMannevond

For me it's definitely Chenghou Project fwd. That hairpin gets me every time, and on the few occasions I do manage to turn/sideshift correctly some ba***rd trying to bounce off the wall pushes me off the track. The other thing is just the way it looks. It needs more color!
    And about Sol II rev (CJS) : That second hairpin used to send me flying all over the place too until I saw a video somewhere of someone doing it "correctly" :
    Keep to the right, and ignore the weapon-pad, and start turning so that when you come over the top you're almost scraping the inside of the turn. Then some quick sideshifting, and you're home free. You can also do this if you hit the weapon-pad going in. It's a bit trickier, but the basics are the same - you need to come over the top at an angle. That will reduce your airtime drastically, and what little lift you still get, at least you're going the right direction and not head-first into the billboards.
    Last edited by DrMannevond; 22nd August 2009 at 11:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Absolutely hated Sebenco Climb (fwd).

Youre given a hairpin right off the bat... followed by a massive barrel roll opportunity facing a WALL, another barrel roll opp which leads off the track, followed by a downhill rush that bottlenecks midway, and a jump to yet another hairpin just before the finish line. Yay.

Had to turn down the difficulty to Novice everytime i played this course; twas the only way to get all the golds >.> (Sorry to anyone who likes this track, and yes i can accept that im probably just crap at this particular course)
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 23rd August 2009 at 03:51 AM.

please help me..

I cant take the first hairpin on subenco without touching the wall unless i slow dwon on phantom

Also after first ramp turbo into BR and onto the downward bend even though i pitch down my ship is scraping its ass on the track cos the nose is way too high.

Any help please ?